Players Thoughts on Rex

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

No.. It isn't..

2. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

The head coach is supposed to be responsible for the WHOLE team, and the QB coaches follow Rex's Instructions. Bill is a defensive minded coach, but he still studied flim with Brady. It's fine, you guys clearly enjoy going 4-12, and having inept offenses. Forty five years of losing does that to a fanbase. It's a shame that Rex Ryan fanboys still hold onto those playoff victories that occured FIVE years ago. Typical Jets.

3. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Do you think if Bill "studied film" with Geno he could turn him into a Hall of Famer?

Cause thats pretty much what you're saying

legler82 likes this.
  4. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

That went to shit when Westhoff retired

5. BigSnacks54

The QB has to have talent, but the COACH is supposed to guide him and help him develop propely. Sometimes it doesn't work out, but Rex hasn't shown anyone, that he knows how to help a QB grow. I hope you enjoy mediocrity.

6. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

He went 11-5 with Matt Cassell, unexpectedly. The guy can coach offense and defense. The greatness of his GM skills are debatable

7. LongIslandBlitz

Yea they are responsible for the "Whole " team,what does that mean exactly ?when they have 30 staff members ,coordinators and assistants,at what point do the players on the team take some accountability.This team doesn't have the talent to win and to be able to close out games this season it just didn't its simple

8. irishwhip03

Mediocrity sounds great right about now.

If Rex was giving anything that resembled an NFL and fucked it up I could understand the fanbase wanting him out. But you want the guy to turn garbage into gold.

The best offensive mind ever wouldn't have been able to do much with Sanchez and Geno these last 5 years.

9. irishwhip03

Thats such a bad example. Cassel took over a team that went 18-1 the season before. Lots of average QB could've won 11 games with the talent the Pats had that year.

If Brady doesnt get hurt that year they might win 15-16 games again.

10. BigSnacks54

11. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

BINGO!!!!

12. BigSnacks54

You just don't seem to understand. You continue to gloss over facts and put words into my mouth. And the last time I got into this debate with you, you did not even bother to respond after I listed several coaches, who developed masterful offenses for the benefit of their Quarterbacks. Rex has gone 6-10, 8-8, 8-8, and 4-12. Andy Reid was ran out of town for going for 4-12, yet you guys want to keep Rex. This fanbase is really unbelievable, you want to get rid of a GM after two years, but you want to give Rex more time.

13. LongIslandBlitz

Get ready to be upset man its def happening this time I think

14. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Pretty much sums it up.
    You would make more head way banging your head against a brick wall.

15. irishwhip03

Its not that I want to give Rex more time. I just think he got a raw deal.

But getting rid of him, we wont be upgrading at head coach. So out of the 3 important things in football (QB, GM, HC) we'll be downgrading at one of them.

Not exactly a running start to the offseason.

legler82 likes this.
  16. displacedfan

Are you joking?

The following year they got 10 wins after 11 with matt.

The team went 16-0 because Tom Brady and ran one of the best offenses ever. Cassel comes in unplanned and they still find a way to win 11 games. The whole offense was built around Brady and he shifted it around cassel, someone who I believe never started an nfl game before.

Awesome coaching from bill.

Lots of average QBs could have done that will bill or another great coach at helm. Instead we see a lot of average qbs struggle under not good offensive coaching. Bill is known for his defensive coaching but his offense schemes and coaching are top notch. Of course it helps to have Brady but that offense has shifted many times since he first got Brady in 2001. It was very conservative to high passing attack and up tempo back to more traditional formations and passing out of those with tight end and running backs. That's a high level view. More often than not he takes advantage of the talent given

17. displacedfan

Part of Rex's job is to develop quarterbacks and the offense or find someone who can. He got two gms, 3 OCs, two rookie QBs. At some point he takes the blame for the offense being bad.

He's a good coach but I think he needs an established, veteran qb. Something we don't have

BigSnacks54 likes this.
  18. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

None of this shit matters. Everybody loves Rex, including me. This isn't groundbreaking news and will have minimal impact in the decision.

19. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Oh, you mean it actually adjusts and changes, instead of sticking round pegs in square holes. What an interesting concept.

20. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member