Players Thoughts on Rex

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Dec 28, 2014.

1. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

2. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Rex will always be a Jet legend for his bravado and wins over Brady and Manning on the road in the playoffs! Unfortunately his time is up.

3. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Bowles does more with less?
    Yeah didnt really compare the two. But everyone says that the top coaches in the league are always the usual suspects that just so happen to have the elite guys under center.

Thats not surprising to me.

You give Rex a QB like Rodgers and he wins a Superbowl.

Simple as that.

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

You don't just "get" a QB like Rodgers, you develop them like the Packers organization did. Rex would have Rodgers running wildcat while he compared peckers with Favre on the sideline.

The_Darksider likes this.
  5. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Sorry but nothing is as simple as that.
    Don Shula arguably the best Head Coach ever and certainly one of the best had Dan Marino arguably the best QB ever and certainly one of the best and they never won a Superbowl.

To claim Rex, who is not even a good head coach, would certainly win a super bowl is beyond ignorant.

seanofthedead likes this.
  6. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Yes yes the players love "Club Rex". I would love to work somewhere where there was no accountability and no consequences for poor performance.

7. irishwhip03

Its not the same thing. The Jets arent on the level of those elite teams because of one reason and one reason only. Quarterback.

You can put Green Bay's offensive coaches here. But they wouldnt turn Geno into Rodgers. We arent a 12 win team with that staff.

Meanwhile you can put Tony Sparano as the Packers OC and they dont miss a beat and most likely are in the same position they are now either way.

8. BigSnacks54

You do realize that Mccarthy played a large role in Rodgers's development? I just posted an article, detailing exactly what he did to help Rodgers become the QB he is today. Rex Ryan is clueless on the offensive side the ball, and he doesn't know how to handle/help develop the most important position in all of sports, and that just happens to be the QB position . If Rex surrounded himself, with good OC'S, like Mccarthy has done on the defensive side of the ball, I'd be all for him, but this is not the case with Rex. It's as if the guy doesn't want to make changes. McCarthy has tinkered with bis defensive staff every year, trying to find the right group of guys. Rex , on the other hand, hires a new OC and forces him to run, outdated schemes.

9. irishwhip03

Well label me beyond ignorant then. Considering he nearly won one with Mark Sanchez at QB but yeah you're right.

Truth4U2 likes this.
  10. irishwhip03

You dont teach the type of talent that Aaron Rodgers has. Whether McCarthy played any type of role in his development is not anything that we know for certain. Im sure Rodgers would credit him. But the fact is you still have to make those throws. You have to have the arm strength and accuracy that he has and develop the kind of chemistry that he has with his WR's.

McCarthy might be a great playcaller. But Rodgers would still be a top QB without him. And he also wouldnt be able to make Matt Flynn look great if he had to be the Packers starter the rest of the season.

11. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

If you want to claim getting to a Conference Championship and not even making it to the Superbowl, nearly winning it.
    Then we have a nice long list of coaches who nearly won the Superbowl.
    But in reality the list of Superbowl winning coaches isn't that long.

12. BigSnacks54

Did you watch Rodgers at Cal? Did you watch his mechanics? Yes, the QB has to talent, but he also needs to be developed PATIENTLY and PROPELY, if he's raw. McCarthy has helped Rodgers become the player he is today, and to deny that is ridiculous. Without McCarthy, Matt Flynn is probably playing in the CFL.

13. irishwhip03

Im not denying that. Im just not giving him as much credit as you are.

14. BigSnacks54

Do you believe Rex would have been able to revamp Rodgers's footwork and upperbody mechanics?

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Only if he was a defensive lineman.

16. irishwhip03

I dont think that Rex would be able to come up with an offensive gameplan the way McCarthy can. But I also wouldnt trust McCarthy to come up with a defensive gameplan.

Like I said, the only reason people rag on Rex and praise coaches like McCarthy is because he has an elite QB. Thats all that matters in today's game. If Rex goes to Atlanta he automatically inherits a borderline top 10 QB. So the hard part of his job is over. What he was searching for the last 5 seasons here just gets handed to him.

Then fixing the D on one of those teams would be a piece of cake for him.

17. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

I'm gonna laugh if they keep rex

my god what a shitstorm it would be

The_Darksider likes this.
  18. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

I'd rather have, oh idk, the QB coach do that

rohirrim665 and legler82 like this.
  19. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I hear a couple of reports that Rex could be in line for the Atlanta gig or the 49'ers. BOTH would be fantastic landing spots. Young GOOD QB's and only defenses away...especially Atlanta...they are a Rex Ryan away from contending for a long time. So, as many have said...time for him to move on. He's going to win Super Bowls down there...not so much in NY. We're a long way away. I say good for Rex Ryan! He's not a bad guy; just couldn't get it done here.

Cman68 likes this.
  20. irishwhip03

Well did he come as close as lets say Sam Wyche or John Fox? No.

But Id say getting within a half of a Superbowl is fairly close to winning one.