Jets to Fire Idzik and Rex - Jim Mora Jr. Top Candidate at HC (Was reported by CBS this morning)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Dec 28, 2014.

1. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Since Rex is under contract, if the Falcons or Bears want him do they have to offer the Jets a package? I mean, if he's such a hot commodity lets see if these teams put in a bid? Maybe a 4th rounder for Rex so the Jets could keep Harvin without giving up a pick in the 4th round.

2. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Jim Mora Jr? Really??? A lifetime loser in the NFL. Great ... Just the guy we need to turn it all around. Why not just hire Norv or Wade Phillips?? Jesus Christ, this front office is completely lost in the wilderness. Unreal. Hire this loser and forget about the SB for another 5 years.

Jets69 and DOOM like this.
  3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

if you think the difference between belichick and ryan is brady it explains a lot.

4. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

remove geno from the list he is a living turn over and singlehandedly brought down this team
    so you are happy with 8 players out of 20 picks and 2 free agency periods. hell two of them are trades that eh made on proven players already.
    Idzik sucks you or I could have gotten us out of cap hell by cutting people and not signing anyone. Steps would have been if anyone outside of the second round from this year made a major contribution to the team. which they did not . SO sorry please try again because tyhe steps you see anyone would have done.
    Fire Idzik clean house
    new gm brings in a new coach and scouts

5. rammagen

No I think the difference is belli cheated and has not won crap since......

6. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Haha everyone wouldn't have 20mil in cap to spend too. Geno isn't being coached properly. Kid threw perfect game today. Not broke.

7. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

It's a possibility that Rex might stay. Maybe the new GM will want to keep him. I think until its in stone anything is possible. I think Idzik will be shown the door. Other than that its all up in the air

8. rammagen

yes if cut players and did not spend you would have 20 million also......again a faulty argument where I stated earlier if you ran a check book you could run the cap like idzik come on? the kid threw a perfect game? he fumbled the ball that lead to a td and lost the lead that is not a perfect game. You can't exclude the bad parts look at the entire game. 6games out of 30 is where he has not turned the ball over. that is horrible
    I would have thought better from some of the posters here after they way everyone road Sanchez out of town, but you guys either refuse to see it or just are doing it to be dicks. because no rationale person would make some of the comments I see here.
    Geno is not broke broke would mean he could play at this level. Something he has not shown because he is a living turn over. to me a starter does not have 40 freaking turnovers. with & or 8 pickj sixes. He hurts this team more then he helps it

9. JetsVilma28

He's a young player on a rebuild, young offense playing the most important position. I think Marty could have done a better job of managing the player to make smart decisions. Some situational management where you don't always have to rely on your quarterback. Or maybe not sending in offensive plays that leave Geno on an island.

Not saying Geno is the answer going forward, also not saying the kid is completely broken to the NFL

10. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

How could we be looking at HC candidates without having a GM in place?
    Wouldn't that just be the same as Idzik inheriting Rex?

11. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

if you don't think that the presence of a top tier QB is the biggest difference between teams that enjoy success and those that don't then that explains even more

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  12. socaljetfan

socaljetfan Active Member

we werent "plagued by injuries" in any way that matters. We traded our All Pro corner and used a 3rd consecutive first round pick on a DE when a normal defense can only play 2 DEs. Then we cut our Pro Bowl corner who had a bad season, yeah but he signed for the same amount as Patterson. Cro played well this year and Patterson walked out. Injuries dont matter if you have depth.

rammagen likes this.
  13. rammagen

this is where we disagree. Sanchez was ran out of town and was better then geno. but Geno gets a buy? he does not have it and going forward it would be a waste of the teams effort to invest that time and money in him. he has now set the bar at 40 turn overs in the first two years as a starter in the nfl. the kicker is he did not even start all 32 games.

If we ran snachez out of twon for less why is geno the living turn over getting a by from people

14. JetsVilma28

He didn't spend big money on a hot corner in FA. It wasn't the wrong move. Should he have tried to get Cro back, yes. I'm all for continuity of good players.

That's why he should be fired?

15. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Just for the record Vinny Testaverde threw 35, yes fucking 35 interceptions in his first full season and 22 the next. 63 in his first 35 games, yet how many here clamor to the oh if we only had a QB like Testaverde in 1998. All with a sub 50% completion percentage.

16. JetsVilma28

Sanchez got injured not run out of town. Geno closed out the season with 3 out of 4 and an 8-8 record in what was widely predicted to be 4-12 season.

Seems like Geno and Sanchez play similar ball ups and downs. Sanchez definitely has more weapons and a better game manager coaching him.

Verdict is out on both players, not saying Geno is a bust pick yet after 2 seasons

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

top tier QB's don't just magically happen. It takes the effort of an organization to mold and support them. Tom Brady probably doesn't become Tom Brady if he is playing on a Rex Ryan coached team.

Red Menace likes this.
  18. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

If you asked me if I'd hire a DC for HC, why not. I would expect the guy to function as a real head coach not just as a glorified DC. And it would be a pleasure to see this team play a smarter brand of football on the defensive side. Like good adjustments if things don't work according to plan. The other teams know how to exploit Rex's scheme. So much so that what happens is predictable.

#138 pclfan, Dec 28, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
    Jets69 likes this.
  19. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Alright.. so that was a bad example. I can't stand to watch the Patriots outside of the Jets playing them. The point is still there. ha

20. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Jason Cole is saying Idzik will be fired tomorrow, they'll hire a new GM and he will decide to keep Rex or not.

I think this is going to piss Rex off, especially after the report of him saying he didn't want to be jerked around.

With that said, I don't see many GM candidates wanting to keep Rex around.