Good Riddance, Rex

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hectorfor3, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Fire him if you must but you idiots better replace him with somebody better..he will have a job in two days anyway because the rest of the league knows he is a great coach. He just had a fucking idiot for a GM that singlehandedly destroyed the team.

Jake likes this.
  2. geomon

geomon Well-Known Member

"you idiots better"? Like we're doing the hiring.

BleedJetsGreen1981 and Jets69 like this.
  3. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

It helps when Finnegan let's Decker right by him for long gains twice in the game.

Also.. MM calls the offense, it's been well documented as such. So...

Oh, also. We've tried this gameplan in the past, it hasn't worked well when Geno throws INT after INT, throw in a fumble, and there is your past offense.

Today it just worked out.

This is a very biased argument.

4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I don't know where you stand on this but I am speaking to the people calling for his firing...people are fools here if you haven't realized that yet and they think the next college coach they find or the next third rate assistant would do better with this abortion of a team. Believe it or not you have to have players to be successful.

5. geomon

geomon Well-Known Member

I wanted Rex gone two years ago. So, hopefully someone out there close to Woody knows what the hell they are doing or a stroke of luck finally hits the Jets and we land the right guy for us that brings all the pieces together. But I am in no way in favor of standing on a sinking ship simply because the music Rex is playing sounds good to my ears. I want a new coach and I want to win championships, damn it. NFC East titles and AFCC losses aren't good enough for me.

tomdeb and Jets69 like this.
  6. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Watch our young talent decide not to re-up with the Jets so they can move over to Rex's new team. Wouldn't blame them one bit.

7. geomon

geomon Well-Known Member

Aw man that'd be great. We can get rid of a lot of trash that way.

freemantoon likes this.
  8. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

MM has said that Ryan wanted a run heavy offense a few games into this season. The prior Jets Dolphins game a few weeks ago was an absolute joke. Ryan admitted the game plan in that game was to run run run. I'm sorry, but I've watched game after game the past few years when the Jets looked allergic to a forward pass and that is Ryan, not MM. You could tell about 6 games into the season that Ryan put shackles on MM and the offense, despite the Jets facing 8 and 9 men in the box. Ryan runs a Neanderthal offense even with upgraded personnel on offense. And Smith did this today without Harvin and Mangold.

9. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

Our young talent do not have the ability to just go with Rex - they are restricted so we have the choice as to what draft picks we tender them...but yeah i'm sure they will all flock to Rex in Jacksonville or Oakland...riiiiiight.

10. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Yep, the only constant with three OC's and anemic offenses has been Rex. Even Sparano as HC of the Raiders is letting Carr put it in the air.

11. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

Guys play for money! Whoever is worth keeping will be paid accordingly. The others will walk. We were 4-12 this year? how worse are we going to be without a few players from this team ;I

I think Rex's new team could be Atlanta, they are getting blown out now

Jets69 likes this.
  12. Footballgod214

Yes, and when MoWilk won't sign a new contract and has to play under the franchise tag for one year $10M before joining Rex I can see him doin it. Considering he's making about 1/5th of that now.

13. AZ_JetsFan

AZ_JetsFan Member

You would think last year's meaningless win in Miami would educate fans in the perils of putting too much stock in one game. But here we are again. I swear, the levels of mediocrity this fan base is willing to settle for is sad and embarrassing. Surely our next coach won't be liked enough by the players to get a Gatorade bath if he leads them to a 4-12 record.

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  14. Joe Willie White Shoes

Players play for money and not coaches. Mo will get his money this offseason. He can't follow Rex until 2016.

Jets1035 likes this.
  15. Footballgod214

But say he doesn't sign and plays out 2015 under the tag for $10M. That's not bad considering he's making less than $2M now. And then he gets to sign his 2nd contract with Rex.

I don't know, most likely won't happen, but certainly a possibility. Especially after Revis re-joins Rex.

16. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Nail, meet the hammer - bang, right on the head.

This fan base has been conditioned to, and actually strives for, mediocrity. It is incredible to me how many statements I see that go like the following:

• at least we're not the Lions or Texans - they've NEVER been to a Super Bowl!
    • Rex is the 2nd best head coach in our history!!!! (while ignoring the fact that our history is atrocious and him being 2nd best means crap)
    • Rex was a genius to get this team to 8-8 - what coach could do better with these players????
    • at least we're not as bad as the Raiders
    • we stink but we don't stink as much as (insert team here)
    • and my personal favorite, GOD DAMN IT, NOW WE HAVE THE 6th PICK, NO MAN'S LAND, THIS TEAM CAN'T EVEN LOSE RIGHT!!!!!!!!
    Enough already. Expect more from your team. Expect more from yourselves. Stop striving to be the best of the worst - the least stinky-smelling shit, so to speak!!!

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  17. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Bull. Mo will sign if they offer him the money because he could get hurt at any time and never see another contract. And, quite frankly, he'll leave anyway if the team doesn't improve. If it does, he'll stay and be happy. No one is going to follow Rex Ryan until they're actually free.

18. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

He is a complete jerk off as a head coach. If people want to be fooled by his charisma that's fine, but he is a fucking terrible head coach on almost every level. He is a bottom barrel head coach at best. If he gets fired tomorrow it will be a great day. And he will wind up fucking whatever team is batshit stupid enough to hire him up the ass and crash and burn within 2 years.

BleedJetsGreen1981 and tomdeb like this.
  19. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

Yes that is pretty telling. Our offensive issues are 80% Rex,

20. Joe Willie White Shoes

Not only that, but the "defensive genius " put together a defense that 1) forced 28 turnovers total over the last two seasons, by far the worst in the NFL and both team records for least turnovers caused (15 in 2013 and 13 this year). 2) was last in the NFL in points scored in the final two minutes of the first half. You can't blame that on the QB. When you put those stats together with the awful performance of the offense, the coach has to go.

PulseJet and Clark Gaines like this.