Jets to Fire Idzik and Rex - Jim Mora Jr. Top Candidate at HC (Was reported by CBS this morning)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

pete carroll cheated tho

2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Winning 9 games at ucla is the equivalent of a championships at USC. You can't compare the accomplishments of one directly to the other.

3. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

Given the state of our offense at the moment, that's some fitting words......

4. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I don't buy that. USC was not the USC most think of prior to Carroll getting there and hasn't been since. It's not like Carroll inherited a well-oiled machine. They were hovering around .500 for several years prior to his arrival; he turned them into a perennial winner. There's no reason why one couldn't do the same at UCLA.

5. legler82

That's fair:)

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Have you been watching the Jets after the bye recently? Have you seen the ups and downs where Rex's players seem to tune in and tune out randomly? How about how every young player who is not a defensive lineman struggles mightily trying to adjust to the NFL?

Rex is a *great* defensive mind. A truly great tactician. He's not a particularly good head coach because you need to do more than out game-plan a few great coaches defensively each season.

I'm really going to miss watching the schemes Rex comes up with from week to week, but I'm not going to miss the blow out losses at all.

Darrelle Revis and Antonio Cromartie were both playing for the Jets in the 45-3 loss to the Pats in 2010. Cro was having an All-Pro year in 2012 when the Jets lost to the Pats 49-19. Not going to miss that kind of gaping hole in the plan at all.

#86 Br4d, Dec 28, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
  7. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Thank you for the bit of sanity in the revisionist history quagmire we're currently stuck in

8. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

I want an offensive mind. But its just one name

9. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Listen..

Considering the roster he has had to work with, I am more shocked that we haven't experienced more "blow outs". We only had a couple this year, given how putrid this roster truly is, especially at key positions, that is a feat.

Who cares about a few games you just listed? There are way more good games than bad, even the losses we've had, the majority of those games we were in them all the way till the end. Last year we overachieved by leaps and bounds, considering what we had to work with.

This year we got decimated early with a very brutal first half schedule.

He is much more than a defensive mind in my eyes, you have your opinion, I have mine. The guy is a great coach, I don't care that it's been 4 years of no playoffs in the Rex Ryan era, the guy still got us to the AFCCG twice. That says more to me then a few blowout loses.

Hell, even within your very own example, the year we got blown out by the Pats in 2010, what happened in the playoffs? Just because a blowout loss happens from time to time doesn't mean the coach is bad. He clearly adjusted, executed, and defeated the same team that got the better of him in the regular season.

Jim Mora Jr does not bring anything more to the table than Rex Ryan. He is not considered elite at any one thing or many things, there is nothing in his arsenal that I look at and say to myself... "Hey, at least this would be an upgrade over, Rex Ryan."

That statement is ultimately what I am looking for if we are to part ways with Rex Ryan.

The guy better fucking be an upgrade, if not, what is the point in getting rid of a guy that is widely considered (even now) around the NFL to be a great HC.

It would make zero sense.

Jim Mora Jr is not that guy.

10. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Sure you can. UCLA was every bit on the same level as USC this season.

11. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Mora would be a disaster. Please punt.

12. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Don't be surprised if Rex isn't kept until a new GM is hiread and then that person will make the decision. A bit unfair to Rex but he gets paid for next year no matter what anyway.

13. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

If we're firng Idzik how is Mora a leading candidate that makes no sense we need to hire a GM first. Typical bs reporting.

14. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

wow did I just here that the great GM idzik has alienated teh franchise dlineman by not making a long term offer? another reason to fire the cheap SOB

15. Br4d

Wake up dude. How many times has a Rex Ryan coached Jets team lost by 2 TD's or more? 2 times in 2009. 1 time in 2010. 4 times in 2011. 6 times in 2012. 5 times in 2013. 5 times in 2014. It's not like the last two years are any different than 2012 was. The Jets allowed 40+ points once a year from 2010 to 2014.

We had the same number of blowout losses in 2011 and 2012 that we had in 2013 and 2014. We had the same number of huge blowouts every year after 2009.

The roster quality doesn't matter in terms of the last 4 years. Rex's teams get blown out a third of the time and they have one real stinkeroo in them every season.

16. Br4d

What do you think he should get? A JJ Watt type deal? A Ndamukung Suh type deal? That's what he thinks he should get. Gonna give it to him?

I think the new GM is going to trade him.

17. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

Can you imagine if Rex actually survives under the new GM....the Ryan Fanboys would lose their sh^t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. legler82

I think that's the right move.

19. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

Jim Mora Jr? Meh, I'm not a fan of him, and Hundely has regressed this season. And I don't want anything to do with Bowels, we simply do not have the personnel to play his aggresive style of defense.

20. Br4d

I think it probably is too because of Sheldon Richardson. If you pay Mo Wilk a Watt/Suh contract what will you do when Richardson comes due? The Jets also have Harrison who is a good DT and Coples and they need to draft a pass rusher anyway. If the pass rusher is great then you can't possibly pay 2 DT's a top 5 deal.

This is one of those situations where if Idzik traded Mo Wilk all hell would break loose but the new guy will only face half hell. :)

It's really unfortunate Rex couldn't keep it together this year. 7-9 and both he and Idzik are back next year and we get to see if the plan worked or not. With the collapse both look to be wiped out and we're starting over.

I'm going to enjoy watching fireidzikbillboard's posts over the next couple of seasons. I don't think what he thought was going to happen is going to happen.