Final Call on Rex Ryan

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PinPointPenning10, Dec 27, 2014.

?

What should the Jets do with Rex Ryan at the end of the season?

1. Keep Rex

37.0%
  2. Fire Rex

63.0%
  1. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Love rex but I understand the business.. It's time :(

Jake likes this.
  2. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

He's getting fired for the wrong reasons. It's not his fault the GM sabotaged him. I get what Idzik was trying to do, but he was doing a shit tier job. He could have saved us money without making the team completely suck. And no head coach could have won with this team. There's no starter worthy QB on the roster (And if anyone says Vick should have started Day 1, you are an idiot, that wouldn't have changed a thing). Our starting CBs got season ending injuries early and our GM got us no depth. Our offensive coordinator is awful and didn't let Amaro play a significant amount of time until it was too late.

Totally not Rex's fault we sucked. Vince Lombardi couldn't win with this team.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  3. jetfan59

jetfan59 Well-Known Member

He should be fired because he has missed the playoffs too many years in a row. He shouldn't get a chance with a third GM.

4. Laszlo Kovacs

Laszlo Kovacs Active Member

Keep him.

He is one of the best defensive minds in the game and the players would run through walls for him. Guys like that don't grow on trees.

The "what have you done for me lately"-attitude is the bane of this team.

Truth4U2 likes this.
  5. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I disagree with every single thing you've said. I guess 2012 wasn't his fault either.

6. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

So should we keep Idzik too?

7. Laszlo Kovacs

Nope. As I said in the thread about him: the draft is what makes and breaks GM:s. Idzik hasn't done any better than Tanny did.

8. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Can you blame the fans for this attitude? It's been 45 years. Some don't have time to wait.....

9. The 1985er

You're contradicting yourself.

10. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Another of the great Rex fallacies! The players run through walls for him.

Did they run through a wall for him against SD, and against the Bills (x2).
    And last year against Tenn, Bengals, Bills etc.
    and the year before and before and before -- Fill in the blanks -- because Rex's teams have failed to show up more than any team I can think of.
    His teams have been good for at least 3 times a season of not even showing up and being woefully unprepared. Usually one of them is right after the bye.

11. Laszlo Kovacs

No, I'm not. Rex has three great seasons and two bad ones. Idzik on the other hand has two bad drafts and has therefore not done anything for us at all.

12. Laszlo Kovacs

I've written "Fire everyone" countless of times on this board, so I can't blame anyone else when they do the same.

13. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Idzik hasn't even been on the job for two years and you still want to can him. After an 8-8 you didn't want to fire him then. What an irrational overreaction. Too bad our owner has no sense, either.

14. The 1985er

Rex inherited a good team. Idzik inherited a bad team. Two different circumstances. It's also too early to say one way or the other whether he had 2 bad drafts or not.

15. JetScream

JetScream New Member

I am not a Rex Ryan fan as a head coach. Just to many things that have to be addressed and he wasn't able to do the job........however.....he was asked to make chicken salad out of chicken shit and he never really had a Quarterback to make anything work. Sanchez could have been a decent QB for the Jets but he was destroyed by his own failures and the non support of his own front office. Geno Smith.......................can't make chicken salad out of that.
    Thats the way it works in New York........the GM dealt him a losing hand and Rex will take the fall. If the owner was smart he would blow the GM out as well but that is a big IF.

Rex Ryan is a good DC and he will get another job.

16. Truth4U2

Truth4U2 Well-Known Member

Exactly. Even now, with the season over and Rex's fate seemingly sealed, the players fought hard against the Pats and almost upset a Brady-led team that was fighting for homefield throughout the playoffs! How many coaches would have the undying loyalty of their players under these circumstances?

If only Dan Rooney of the Steelers was our owner; he displayed great patience and foresight with Bill Cowher, when many other franchises would have fired him before he could finish the job and bring multiple SB championships to the Steelers. The Packers are another good organization that recognizes good coaches and sticks with them. Or the Cowboys........but alas, we are the Jets, a fickle, short-sighted organization that apparently bends to media/fan pressure to overreact and fire good coaches prematurely...

17. JetScream

JetScream New Member

Not only no but hell no

18. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

9-7
    11-5
    8-8
    6-10
    8-8
    3-12

I don't even call 11-5 a "Great" season. It is a good season. And he had 2 playoff runs -- but personally I count 1 good season not 3 great ones.
    Using your word "season" -- even making it to the AFCCG after being 9-7 is not a great one by any stretch.

19. Laszlo Kovacs

Now we're discussing Idzik in the wrong thread, but I won't be upset if he stays - as long as he replaces Bradway or whatever is necessary to improve the drafting.

20. Truth4U2

Truth4U2 Well-Known Member

That's 2 losing seasons out of 6, for a mismanaged Jets franchise giving him subpar player talent. That's not bad. Plus, how many other coaches in Jets history have taken their teams to 2 championship games? The answer is none....Rex has been more successful in the playoffs than Bill Parcells was for us, and probably more successful than any other Jets coach in history....again, a well-run franchise like the Steelers, Packers, or Cowboys would keep Rex under these circumstances.