Good Riddance, Rex

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hectorfor3, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Hectorfor3

Hectorfor3 Active Member

Honestly, I'll admit I was excited at first with the ground and pound, winning, playoffs, etc. but look where we are now. This is coming from a 30 year fan desperate for some success and a SB win in my lifetime.

However, that early success was done with Mangini's players and now I realize this current debacle of an organization is the logical conclusion of Rex's philosophy. What do I mean by that? Well, the Jets are a mistake ridden, utterly punchless team that is truly an embarrassment. The ongoing neglect of the offense has produced the most inept team I think I've ever watched. Rex's post game pressers are always the same BS and his constant mismanagement of timeouts and the clock is a joke. If he doesn't get it by now he'll never get it. The fundamental concept of scoring points completely eludes him. Was there any question the Jets would blow that Pats game yesterday? Field goal after field goal, once they happen to score one TD I guess the coaches figure that's enough. The vaunted D looks good on paper but I've lost count of the times when a stop was needed and never happened (just about any 3rd and long for example).

Anyway, good luck to him elsewhere and lets get someone who can run a team properly. Just wish I had some faith in Woody to actually make the right pick.......

2. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I won't miss wasting 2 more timeouts when you need them in the 2nd half, 3rd and 7 run to setup chipshot FG, undisciplined penalties every game

Jets69 likes this.
  3. geomon

geomon Well-Known Member

Farewell and adieu. Thanks for the memories. They were....entertaining.

4. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

But not for the last 4 years, the act has grown old and tired

5. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Kerley dropped td pass yesterday.

...but yeah, farewell Rex. And don't forget to kiss the rings*.

Came in like a lion, went out like a lamb.

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I don't think I've ever seen a coach ice his own kicker with the game on the line before...

7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yesterday was the perfect send off for Rex. Showed his top notch defensive coaching ability, and his terrible coaching ability in EVERY OTHER AREA. Bye.

8. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Until the time when a new coaching staff will be put in place and perhaps a new GM, there's no reason to get excited about knocking this current regime. Look at what has happened with the Knicks when Jackson brought in Derek Fisher? Derek Who? That's what I said to myself the moment he was chosen for a team in a major market area. The team is destined to get a top 6 pick at least, like the Jets.

You don't bring in a wet-behind-the-ears unproven commodity from no-where-ville to a place like NY/NJ to coach a team covered by tons of media paparazzi and fans gnashing their teeth.

And I don't care how well that person was successful as a coordinator for whatever team. It doesn't always transpose to being a head coach. Maybe perhaps a successful college team.....but lets not forget Lou Holtz.

That being said, Jets should just hand Jim Harbaugh an open check book and allow him to call the shots, though his wife may be a big influence
    in swaying him to stay on the West coast.

9. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

See ya Rex, it's been real awful.

10. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

:DThe celebration thread

Pocket Jet and matt robinson 17 like this.
  11. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

After 6 seasons of offense that gives you 14-17 points a game, I will not miss Rex one bit. Good riddance. He got the team as far as it could go, but has the set the organization years backwards in terms of developing QB and offense. And in today's game, he couldn't get his D to the level of the Seahawks despite the myriad first round talent he was given so his supposed defensive genius was in fact way outdone by another organization during his reign. Sorry Rex, back to DC for you

12. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Everybody bashed Mangini on his way out. He was a good talent evaluator, he drafted Revis and Joe Haden. Nick Mangold and Alex Mack. Brick Ferguson and TJ Ward. He was never as bad as advertised, I think he'd be a good GM.

june19, FlaJet, ajax and 1 other person like this.
  13. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Only diffrence is his players hated him he isn't a good coach.He's a good evaluator but a mediocre coach at best

TwoHeadedMonster and freemantoon like this.
  14. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

#14 Faux machine, Dec 22, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  15. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

we deserve Rich Kotite or Bruce Coslet. The man will be gone, how about having a little appreciation for a guy who only had 2 losing seasons and got us closer to the SB than at any point since Jan. 12, 1969.

16. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

With one more game left, there's a better than not chance that you could see it again...

17. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

RR is an idiot with timeouts but he obviously called the time out because the play clock was running down......... We had to do that to stay in realistic FG range.

Now why were they not ready to kick it in time? That's the problem.

MikeSLTJ23 likes this.
  18. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Imo it turns out the Jets were not a great match for Ryan. By that I mean i think he could succeed with a team that has an established, decent Qb and enough players on D to put something together. He'll add enough of a running game to the Qb, and if he can play man coverage at the corners, presto you have a winning team.

But he's a poor judge of Qb talent, and can't develop one. That was his downfall with the Jets.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  19. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

We don't often talk about it here, but special teams have been mostly awful this year. Folk was great until he got injured, and Quigley looked bad earlier but has been pretty good lately. But for hte most part, special teams have been truly bad. That's another failure on Ryan's part.

20. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

So your saying the only difference is his players hated him.