Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Fred Mertz

Fred Mertz Active Member

2. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

See...thats what I love about weather FM..that is a classic...great great stuff sir.

NOW...GET READY...because we are about to have one rare bird of a storm early next week...will have a write up..and I CAN vent here but no on the website. Im battling a million things right now. Mom in hosp-ass. Brother..well...if I told you guys that story your head would flip...my trip to Florida to help save someone very close to me. I have about had it and hopefully can spend a few days enjoying the models and this storm..so sorry I have not paid closer attention to everything but will try this weekend.

3. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

You gotta take care of the important stuff man, hobbies are cool but family comes first. I don't think anybody wouldn't understand man.

The good news here in Manila seems to be that while we are going to get this Ruby it is expected to move very slow once it makes landfall (sometime later today) so by the time it gets here maybe tomorrow afternoon or night it will have weakened so much that it will be nothing more than some rain and a little wind.

The bad news is it expected to hit very close to where Haiyan hit last year , they have evacuated half a million people to shelters and higher ground so that will save many lives. They've bene evacuating since Thursday so it'll be over 48 hours since that when this thing hits. People in Manila are going about their lives as if nothing is going to happen. Went to "stock up" with water and such last night and the shelves were full.

4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Jay

I hope you can straighten everything with the family and your private life. Thanks for your updates as always.

5. jaywayne12

Was reading an article today how Manila put so much trust in the American GFS model and it totally screwed them with the location and track that storm is taking and took BP...sorry the same areas are getting blasted too.

6. Barry the Baptist

Manila is operating like any other Saturday afternoon. I'll be going to the mall later and maybe do some ice skating. Rain is no big deal here which is what it seems like we'll be getting either sometime tomorrow or Monday although they do think it may linger for a day or 2.

7. jaywayne12

Well..happy things are kind of normal there...best of luck bud and keep me updated if you need any help with your travels!

JUST UPDATED SITE...and all I have to say is wow. New EURO is showing a massive noreaster with near blizzard conditions...but for who exactly is the question. The Poconos...Upper Hudson Valley...Western Mass at least..these areas are slowly locking in. Big question is how far east will the models take the big foot or more snows.
    WWW.JAYSWEATHER.NET

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Jay I hope things settle down in your world,,,,,I'm always in your corner you know that !

As far as weather,,,keep em coming
    Ps we both still keep some strange hours ,,lol

#7768 CBG, Dec 6, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  9. jaywayne12

hey chris!! you are up!! and you are suffering from my schedule bud. Im taking Tuesday off and would love to meet for lunch..ON ME.
    Thats if this storm doesnt do us in..and get the word out...I think this puppy is going to bring the goods sir.

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Jay keep us posted on the storm,,,,,the word is already out. let us know what you think as it gets closer as far as start time and duration if it is tuesday nite I can meet U in the afternoon but we go Dutch ,lol ! If it starts Monday we hookup another time .

11. Barry the Baptist

Yeah we just went out and looked at some lights for Christmas, nobody here seems to worried , now you folks back East gotta take care.

BTW I'm off to Taipei in a few weeks , another area that gets hit with these wonderful typhoons and some powerful earthquakes as well :)

12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

keep it coming jay, a little extra Christmas money is just what the Dr ordered.

13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

FJF what's your opinion on this possible snowmaggedon headed our way Tuesday ?

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Just reread this now that it is day light and all I can say is keep em coming Jay !

15. FJF

not sure, leaning towards a rain event. would love a nice snow storm, doing the polar express in utica with the little ones friday. its much nicer with snow on the ground.
    but here i think we stay on the wrong side of the snow line. hope i am wrong

16. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Still a few days away and nothing is locked in yet but I am curious to see what the Jayster says today about this storm because as of last night on his sight he was saying this thing is " trending " towards snow . Lets see how it plays out

18. FJF

we'll see. euro comes out in 2 hrs. that should give us a good look

19. jaywayne12

It has guys but not down here...not all the way down to NYC metro.

The warmest model...the gfs came in colder..but less precip because there was a lack of phasing with northern system. At this point..the EURO will at 1pm may hold the final piece but areas will gt blasted...I just cant see with a low pressure making actual landfall how mixing is not a huge issue.

For me, this has mostly been about the track...and thats all Im waiting to see from the EURO right now.

20. jaywayne12

lol..now wait CBG!!...Never said that...lol. I will say this..somewhere inland from the storm center will get close to 3 feet...I just cant see how that happens here even though the models have opened the door for not that much...but a more snowier outcome in North Jersey and Lower Hudson Valley.