QB

Discussion in 'Draft' started by cbman13, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Hackenberg is looking like a 3rd pick at best and thats if he drastically improves before 2016

Mariota is a lock top 10, he'd be the best QB in not only this draft but the next couple.

Cook is good, but like I said I wouldn't take him any higher than the 3rd round. I could definitely see a team over drafting him.

We should either go get Mariota in the top 10, or draft an OL if he isn't there. I wouldn't be upset with Cooper but we are looking much better in the skill player department than years priors, we just need someone to get them the ball. Not to mention block long enough for those players to be able to make plays.

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Cook made Lippett. Anyways, I believe Cook has the higher floor, but Mariota has the highest ceiling - for Mariota to get there he has to surpass what RG3 and Kaepernick could not and that's throwing in the pocket. Cook is miles ahead in the category. It's funny, that you think, I think Cook is our savior. Nope, just a big piece of the puzzle that can play right away and gain experience.

Cook isn't coming out this year anyway so the talk of him coming out doesn't matter. We may be in position to get him next yr if the Jets don't get Mariota.

3. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

im pretty excited to watch the oregon oregon state game today

i like mariota and he's a top 5 talent for me, but im still not completely sold. it's not exactly difficult to be good in oregon's offense as he constantly just makes 1 read and gets the ball out instantly. when his first read is taken away i see him running far too quickly.

with that being said, he still has all the traits. great accuracy, great velocity, good mechanics, extremely athletic and quick, and stands tall in the pocket

4. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I am not taking a QB at the very top if the draft that throws 4 INTs to an inferior team, at home, on rivalry week.

You gotta be kidding me. I don't give a shit if he wins this game.

Lol.

_

Martin&theJETS likes this.
  5. JStokes

So what? We're going to be in position to get a lot of average players next year.

_

6. Martin&theJETS

4th interception of the night for the Golden boy. I repeat 4 interceptions vs. a non-ranked opponent.

7. JStokes

But if he pulls out a win folks will be all "aaaarrrgghhh all he does is WIN!!!"

_

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I don't view those 2 QBs are just average. They have pretty good NFL potential.

9. Martin&theJETS

If UF's offensive was anywhere near capable this game would have been over by now. They are one of worst offensives in the SEC, so inept.

10. JStokes

I agree Cook has good NFL potential, I just don't think he's in Mariota's class. I don't want to not get Mariota because we think we can get Cook next year. Or Hack in 2016.

_

11. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

Oregon does NOT run a one read offense, that is false. Mariota is required to read one side of the field, which is usually the right side. However, I do agree with you to a certain extent. I believe Mariota is the best QB in this class, and I'm a fan of his, but he has to improve certain aspects of his game, like every prospect does. I think he should particpate in the Senior Bowl to show scouts, that he can make NFL throws outside of Oregon's system.

12. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

Muschamp has single handedly ruined our program. The quality of our defense and offense over the last two years has been terrible.

He should have been gone last season.

13. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Reminds me of a certain someone who played for the Jets for a season.

14. Martin&theJETS

The Gators pulled a Jets move and stuck with a player at QB that had no business competing on that level of play. Driskel should have never played at the college level. At least not a program with the prestige of UF.

15. JStokes

I do not consider him a Jet. He is the only player that wore our uniform that I hate. Fuck him and the majestic cloud he rode in on.

_

16. JStokes

They better put that kid on suicide watch.

_

17. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

Sharing my thoughts bro. No reason to insult me. I literally offered that as the worst possible scenario. There are a ton of great players who've gone undrafted because of off the field issues who had previously been thought to be much higher picks. Vontaze Burfict is an example.

18. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

That was probably a bit of an overreaction.

19. JStokes

Slightly.

_

b.reyes16 likes this.
  20. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

burifict ran the slowest linebacker time at the combine, tested positive for marijuana at the combine, blamed his coaching staff for his shitty season, looked pretty fucking bad at his pro day, and had an absurd amount of personal fouls as he couldnt control his emotions

i understand what youre saying, but jameis isn't near that level