QB

Discussion in 'Draft' started by cbman13, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

No chance he comes out in 2015.

2. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Assuming our front office botches on the offensive line and can't bring in new guards/possibly replace Brick, a guy like Winston would really help us. Sanchez and Geno are actually decent QB's when they're protected, but they're both atrocious in the face of pressure, which was a terrible fit given how our line has struggled recently. Winston doesn't seem fazed by pressure and he just stands in there and rips it downfield.

Mariota would be a good fit too, though. Whenever he gets pressured he just outruns everyone and finds the edge to either extend the play or take off.

3. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

So are you an advocate of by-passing a potential franchise QB this year to put all the pieces in place and build that complete team sans QB in the hopes that somehow 2 years from now we can luck into a QB who isn't very good?

_

4. JStokes

My biggest issue with Winston is his moron-factor. The dude is a stud. I still like Mariota better but I'd take Winston and hold my breath.

_

5. Big Cat

He's a little too ballsy too. He's got that Favre mentality that he's the shit and he can squeeze the ball into any window and that's where his turnovers come from.

6. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Looks like Jets won't get the top pick. If that is the case, the question is do we trade up for Mariotta or do we stay put for Winston. What says you guys?

#266 Brook!, Nov 22, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  7. Big Cat

I love the way Jameis is playing today. He's made a couple jawdroppingly accurate throws even though it's pouring. And his receivers are dropping everything, he's playing better than they're making him look.

8. Brook!

True

Last few drops were just terrible. Winston was on the money. I am liking this guy really.

9. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

My QB looked great today and has yet to lose a game of College Football but hey. "he's 3rd round at best."

10. JStokes

Trade up for Mariota. If we can't Winston is not a bad consolation.

_

11. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Not at all. I think we will most likely take a QB especially if Mariota and Winston are both there.

I just like what I see from Hackenberg, kid had a down year but he's still developing. New HC, no receiver to step up and replace Allen Robinson and most of his OL has been gashed. I think he will stay in college 2 more years and be a top pick in 2017.

12. JStokes

That's fine. There us just nothing I've seen from him that suggests quality NFL QB. Maybe I'll be wrong in 2 years.

_

13. Brook!

Yes Stokes. My question is this, say we are picking 4th or 5th.

How much do we give for Mariotta? What is too much and we bail Mariotta and look at Winston?

14. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

You do not trade up for Marcus Mariota lol, nor would I consent to trading up for Jameis. Use your heads, who has that worked out for?

15. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Agree about not trading for mariota. Who knows about Winston. I have zero confidence in the jets being able to groom mariota AND handle Winston.

It's really a cluster fuk if u ask me.

16. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

fuck trading up, fuck fuck FUCK trading up.

http://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

wanna move up to the top 2 from 5,6,7 whatever? be ready to trade AT LEAST next years first. keep in mind thats probably gonna be MORE, WAY more.

WE shouldn't be trading up nothing. Look at the skins, they went and got their man and the risks are mounting.

If anything? trade DOWN, gets as many firsts as possible, don't lose them for one man.

17. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

who'd that be? Cato? How many undefeated teams are left?

Grayson was balling out again today as well. 6 incompletions on twenty-something passes and 3 more TDs. Higgins return as well.

If Jameis and Mariota are gone I want to try at developing Grayson. Get someone to coach him up and sit him for a year behind Vick so he can learn the playbook proper, which seems to be his biggest criticism. They say his studying habits point to him having trouble digesting an NFL playbook, but he calls blocking assignments and such at the line at CSU, so he seems to have a decent understanding of that one, its a hybrid offense with spread concepts.

18. JStokes

Trade up every day for that franchise QB.

Btw, stop trotting out the dated trade value chart. It's bullshit, not standardized, not relevant anymore. There is no constants to judge that chart against.

If we're drafting 3rd or 4th and we need to move up to 1 or 2 and Oak or Jax does not want to be out of the top 3 or 4 it will not cost us next year's number 1. The skins made an awful deal. What did we give up to get to Sanchez? We gave up shit.

This will be a painless trade up.

And we need to do it. We can't let a pick or 2 or 3 get in the way of us getting our Aaron Rogers.

Stop with the histrionics. Teams with franchise QBs win.

Teams with franchise LTs or WRs or RBs or CBS or OLB/DEs don't win.

It's a QB league for crissakes.

_

Brook! likes this.
  19. JStokes

See my post above.

_

20. JStokes

Yes you do. Every day if you want to be a consistent playoff contender for the next 12 years.

_