The Keep Rex Ryan Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Monty_Droppings, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

I don't disagree, but let's be honest. Fan opinion is not a perfect indicator of whether or not a coach will be or should be fired. Look at the Giants during the 2007 season, for example.

legler82 likes this.
  2. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

If the Jets can beat the Patriots, and then take 2 out of 3 against the upcoming Miami and Buffalo games, then I think he stays.

That would be showing you can beat our quality divisional opponents even despite a shit squad. Also would show the team has some stones, and hasn't quit despite the circumstances.
    However, that is a very tall order at this point. Odds are not very good.

Just hope the team takes down the Patriots one last time before they blow it up..

3. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Thats true but 4 straight non playoff seasons and a losing record does.

Pocket Jet and JetsNation06 like this.
  4. jetsillinifan

jetsillinifan Well-Known Member

but they're giants fans :p

5. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

If Rex does get fired what's his next gig. Well his roots are in the NFL so you would think he'll try to get a HC job first in the NFL. You never know a team like the Raiders who are coming off of a very good draft and have talent esp on defense might be a landing spot for him. His brother was a DC with Oakland a few years ago and not sure what kind of relationship he has with McKenzie or the Raiders brass. Most people thought McKenzie would hire a former Packer Asst. Coach but he decided on Dennis Allen who they fired. But what about NCAAF. He likes college football a lot. His son is still at Clemson. Rumors are Musgraves will be fired at Florida which is a big time job with a lot of money. Would they consider Rex. Just wonder if there would be bias against RR at Florida because of the Tebow deal two years ago. Many think Rex is partially responsible for killing his career. Most probably: Rex gets a DC job somewhere in the NFL or stays here. You know that Woody doesn't really want to fire him. If up to the Jets beat writers they keep Rex and fire Idzik. Rex is a lot better copy for them.

6. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Belichick can get no-names and fit them into his system and get great production out of them and Rex can't. You don't have to sign super expensive free agents if you know what you're doing.

7. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

This comes after the offseason that the Pats grab Revis and Browner?

You need to find balance. The Pats balanced their recent "big name splashes" Revis, Browner, Amendola with lesser known players stepping up and filling in.

It also helps if you have one of the greatest QBs of all time

8. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I think Revis was the exception. One of the few BB was willing to pay. And they got him at a good price. I think he'll get around 12. He has a 2nd year at 20 but either they'll reduce that or cut him. Browner signed a 3 year deal for 18. Not sure how much is guaranteed.

9. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

I like Rex but if we have a viable coaching option ready to step in then he has to be let go. My biggest fear is letting go of Rex and then a drawn out process of watching all the good available HC sign with other teams.

10. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

No, he's the guy that took the job under those terms which in no way equates to the only person who would have.

But, please, show the unbridled success all of those other candidates are having who passed on the job and how it was a big miss losing out on them and their coaching hires.

11. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Insecurity and fear is not how successful people make decisions.

12. TiredOldJetsFan

TiredOldJetsFan New Member

I pray they don't keep Rex. I honestly don't know if I can still root for this team with Rex as HC another year.

13. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

can we let the season play out first this back and fourth crap is so annoying…if we loose next week everyone will want him fired again

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm about where you are. I can't even look at him anymore. He's a pretender.

15. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

But he made the Jets relevant.

16. joe

joe Well-Known Member

NE traded Logan Mankins away and a lot of people (including NE fans) were bellyaching that they left Brady having to operate behind a weakened, leaky line. Well right now NE's steamrolling teams and yesterday their OL (and TEs) physically crushed Indy, rushing 45 times for 244 yds (5.4 ave.) with some guy named Jonas Gray running for 199 yards and 4 TDs. Forget Brady and forget Revis for a second: this team is clicking on all cylinders right now and they're doing it with a number of 'plug in' components. I mean, are they THAT much more talented overall than other teams? Yesterday they could've won with a game manager at QB.

On defense, they reduced Indy to one-dimensional: Colts rushed 17 times for 19 yards (1.1 yd. ave.).

Also, look at what the Cardinals are doing even with their QB situation the way it's been.

#256 joe, Nov 17, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  17. thirtyoddfreestyle

thirtyoddfreestyle Well-Known Member

Rex has been crippled by bad QB play 4 years runnng. Don't forget sparano as an OC...... You give him a game manager QB who dosent turn it over 3 times a game, we are back in the playoffs . Ryan has heart and I think he's getting better at coaching, players respond to him and he knows the game beyond the X and O

#257 thirtyoddfreestyle, Nov 17, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  18. thirtyoddfreestyle

thirtyoddfreestyle Well-Known Member

Brady at QB. That's his leg up Look at his body of work with Bledsoe 5-11.... Look at Cleveland. Brady always has a great slot reciever and someone who is either big and dominant... Or so fast they blow the safeties out on every play. The offense allows all other players to be better. A dominant offense allows the defense to play ahead... Belicheck will be mediocre after brady retires

19. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

I'm at the point when I see Rex on the sidelines I have flashbacks of Joe Walton, he's got to go, an when they fire him this year it will still be a year late

20. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

am with Cassell he went 11-5, the point is he has a system that works, Rex doesn't even have a clue