Would you be open to a Sanchez / Jets reunion?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Superhippy, Nov 11, 2014.

?

To Sanchize or not to Sanchize?

1. Yes

21.1%
  2. No.

78.9%
  1. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

I've said countless times that Kelly is a great offensive coach. Obvious comment I know. But Im not bashing him. Im just saying that having Sanchez throw 40 times isnt smart. I mean the Eagles were up 24-7 and he was still airing it out like crazy and what happened? Sanchez threw a killer pick. Just so happens the guy had half of his foot out of bounds.

Some QB's you can count on to make the big throws and be the guy. I dont think you can count on Sanchez for that.

And no QB who went 20-37..drops or not , would be considered a dominant QB. Good performance by Sanchez's standards but are things so bad here that we need to watch in awe about a slightly above mediocre performance?

2. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

I think he'll be starting in Tampa next year..probably most logical destination.

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Absolutely not.

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

we have the worst fans in sports, I cringe at how foolish we are as a fanbase.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  5. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

No, and why would he want to come here anyway?

6. The Dark Knight

If Mark succeeds in Philadelphia, there is a decent chance he re-signs with them. If he doesn't sign with them, he will be overpaid by another team to steal him away from the Eagles. There is literally 0% chance he returns to the Jets. I don't know why this thread was even made.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  7. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

oh lord.

time to move on.

it seems that some of you guys haven't.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  8. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

have you ever thought that you are one of the foolish few and the rest of the fanbase is not?

9. nyjunc

No, I'm not an average fan. the Sanchez stuff should prove this as well as 95% of my other posts but thanks for checking in.

10. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Lets give him a few more games, before we put him up on a pedestal. He looks pretty good so far. He looked pretty good his first couple starts with the Jets every season as well. He's played very well against some underwhelming defenses. He's about to run into some teams who know how to intercept the ball, so lets see how he does through 4 of 5 games. I'm rooting for him.

He's done here though. He didnt leave the team in a great way, and his biggest supporter probably wont be here. I imagine he'll be in Tennessee or Tampa Bay competing for the starting role.

11. The Dark Knight

Someone messaged me: "I bet you are happy to be right on Sanchez". I responded: "No. I am not happy to see my franchise QB trashed by my team and then playing well on a new team that respects him. Happy for him of course, but not how things turned out in New York."

b.reyes16 and nyjunc like this.
  12. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I have thought all along, and given what happened last week I think it's still a possibility, but I think he goes to Arizona.

After Palmer signed his deal that thought went out of my head, but given the ACL and the way his contract was structured, AZ is going to cut him next year. He'' get his guarantee, but they can't pay him that full contract and can they count on him to come back 12-18 months from now as the same player? Same ACL, non-contact injury, older player, I just don't see it.

But if Stanton plays well, maybe they wait it out and see.

But no, Sanchez will not be back here ever again.

_

13. APK 8

APK 8 Well-Known Member

Unless Sanchez shows he can be an elite QB then no. Tired of settling for less than stellar QBs.

14. jcass10

I didnt think about Arizona. I think Palmer will probably be ok considering how little he moves, but that would be a good fit for Mark for sure.

15. nyjunc

It is very bittersweet, I am really happy for him but watching him succeed there when he should still be here is frustrating.

FlaJet and The Dark Knight like this.
  16. nyjunc

ohhhh so you only want an elite QB, you know there are 2-3, maybe 4 of those? you know we have never had one except maybe Joe for a year or 2 and Vinny/Chad for a year each. I want an elite one too but they are hard to find.

17. JStokes

Unrelated to Sanchez, I was listening to Schefter talking about Carson's contract and he's definitely getting his guaranteed $25 mill because it was injury protected, but the rest of that? He said, as awful as it sounds, this is the offseason to cut him. Or maybe restructure. But after reinjuring the same ACL and at his age, can you really count on him going forward?

_

18. jcass10

That would be interesting. I would definitely take a look at Palmer from the Jets perspective to be that vet QB.

19. JStokes

Yeah but if rehab is a full year--you're not going to know what you have in him until November 2015. This isn't some young kid rehabbing and getting back on the field in August--this is going to be a lengthy rehab one would think.

_

20. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

um, no! been there, done that. no more usc guys!

rather have drew stanton from arizona as the hold-the-fort guy with a new offensive head coach, like lombardi or shanahan.

they can then look in the draft for another guy to develop along with simms.