Everyone hates the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BigGreenUgly, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

I know many people disagree with me, but this is one of the reasons I actually long for Hess. While we were losing for years, we generally did it with class. Now we are classless, clownish losers. If I'm gonna lose i want to at least be dignified about it damnit. I'd rather win, but at the end of the day I can at least keep my head up high. Except for the Kotite years I never felt crappy about being a Jets fan. RR not only loses, he humiliates us all in the process. That's different IMHO.

TNJet likes this.
  2. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

amen brother!

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I don't think you are remember those days very clearly.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  4. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Also, we need our own building.

slimjasi, TNJet and nyjetsmets89 like this.
  5. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

So was the buttfumble and the Monday night melt down at Tennessee. I was there in the stands that Monday night, and everyone Jets and Titans fans alike wanted Tebow to play because Sanchez was such a pathetic joke. I was 4 rows behind the bench watching Rex not watch the game while the offense was on the field. The best part of the whole trip to Nashville was seeing the "Old crow Medicine show" at the Ryman auditorium that Saturday night before the Monday night game. Rex is just as much to blame as Mark was for that season. One down and one to go.

6. jetsillinifan

jetsillinifan Well-Known Member

another repeat thread.

7. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

he was awful in 2012 w/ the worst offensive talent in the league around him led by Tony Sparano. we weren't going anywhere anyway, the buttfumble is completely overblown.

it's amazing Jet fans will think of his 2012 failures over his playoff success, this is why we don't deserve a winner.

Gunther likes this.
  8. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Hey! I was at that game, too. Had about 15 different jets fans try to buy the C-Mart jersey off my back. An unusually high number of them got really really mad when I wouldn't give them a price. Strangest game experience I ever had anywhere.

I now wear my Testaverde jersey to games. About 15 people laugh at me for it.

TNJet likes this.
  9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

How can I blame Rex? You said it yourself, things changed for a couple of years, then reverted. If he was the real deal as a HC, things wouldn't have reverted. Period. Instead, he was and is one of the primary reasons that things did revert. He was part of dismantling the roster of those two teams. He let sloppy play and stupid mistakes go. He hasn't held anyone accountable. He didn't work to learn about offense.

I would also submit that things didn't change for the better solely because of Rex. The team he inherited was primarily a disciplined veteran team with good leaders in the locker room and some talent. They were sick of the repressive Mangini, and Rex was like a breath of fresh air, and he enjoyed the boost that players' coaches always get when following a hated repressive disciplinarian. They got hot at the right time and rode that into the playoffs. Either of those first two years could have gone differently and the team never made the playoffs. I think a lot of Jets fans loved and still love Rex because he is Buddy's kid, had the Jets connection and is brash and fun. If he didn't have a past connection to the team and if his personality was more like Mangini's or Coughlin's, I'd bet there would be hardly anyone who liked Rex or wanted him to stay. They let his personality blind them to the realities of his failings as a HC.

slimjasi likes this.