How far could Teddy Bridgewater slip?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Br4d, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Matt4776

Matt4776 Active Member

Eh. This year so far, I haven't seen anything that suggests Teddy is more likely or less likely to reach his potential.

2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

No he didn't. Patterson either had the sun in his eyes or he gave up on the ball because instead of putting his hands out to catch the perfect pass, he slapped his helmet with both hands.

There's video of it. Pretty funny actually.

_

3. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

He's been under constant duress and had still played very well. His cumulative do him absolutely no justice. They just serve to prove a point that really has no basis. If you watched that Redskins game.....the throws he made....the way he went through his progression.....a thing of beauty....

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Then I guess he really didn't learn anything in Seattle after all. You know, the Seattle that traded a 1st rounder for Matt Flynn and then summarily benched him in favor of a 3rd round rookie.

Smart GMs know when to capitalize on opportunity. There was a ton of QB talent in this draft and the only one we came away with was Rex's binky, who is now playing in the FXFL.

Never sleep on the QB position. The Patriots have been drafting quarterbacks in the mid rounds for a decade and they already have one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game.

5. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

They signed Flynn in free agency. I remember being pissed at the packers for just letting him go for nothing.

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Why the fuck do I remember that being a trade? Okay, scratch that first round nonsense then. But the fact remains that they signed Flynn to be their starter and then benched him before the season even began.

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

None of the 2014 QB's have proven anything yet. That's to be expected because there wasn't a surefire no-miss prospect in this draft. It's early though.

All of the 2013 QB's that have been given a chance have kind of conclusively proven they're not starting QB's at this point. Somebody could surprise us down the road but it wasn't a very good class for QB's and the results have borne that out.

These things go in cycles. It's not normal for the kind of QB class we had in 2012 to be followed by anything but subpar classes for a couple of years. This is particularly true in an era where the best juniors seem to be coming out every year. I'd expect 2015's class to have a really good prospect or two in it by the time we draft. That's a class you can take a guy in and hope he's the real deal.

I still don't think Teddy Bridgewater is going to be a superior NFL QB. I think he's going to be ok unless he gets hurt. The guy with the superstar potential in the class was Johnny Manziel and he also had a very high bust factor. No idea where he's going to wind up.

8. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Because they got a draft pick FROM the Raiders when they traded him there. I just looked it up, and it was for a 5th round pick last year, and a conditional pick next year. That is extra sad, because he has already been off the team for quite some time.

9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Derek Carr has already proved to the Raiders organization that he's their man, I'm a huge fan of his play. Teddy has gotten better each game. Both still have far more promise than any of the 2013 QBs - none of them are starting.

I agree things go in cycles, unfortunately when the Jets tried drafting a QB, they did in the wrong year.

10. Br4d

TB and Washington are the 29th and 30th ranked pass defenses this year. When Geno got to face the 31st ranked pass defense last year he looked pretty good also.

11. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Question for you Stokes between this year and last year which of the draft eligible QBs is your favorite?

#671 legler82, Nov 6, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  12. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

I've watched three of Teddy's games so far. He is still doing what he was doing in college.

He is finding the open man and getting him the ball. He is accurate to stationary targets (usually) but is still behind on his horizontal routes and high on throws up the seam. He is more accurate on the run than in the pocket because he gets sloppy with his feet in the pocket. He's struggling to complete passes to guys who don't have a step.

Br4d likes this.
  13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Chicago is ranked 23rd and Geno wasn't all that impressive at all. Teddy has been decent, but Carr has been very impressive this year with limited weapons. The search continues for the next QB though ... any QBs in college catch your eye?

14. Br4d

At this point all of them because when you're looking at what we have anything looks good. It looks like there will be two or three top 10 caliber QB's in the draft next year between Mariota and whoever else comes out. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Jets take one of them. Mariota is not a pro set QB so it will be interesting to see how he is evaluated. He's a major read-option QB at this point and very good at it. If the Jets take him I hope the plan is not to shoehorn him in to a WCO right away. The Cam Newton plan sounds a lot better. Run the read-option next year and then slowly cut back the percentage of read-option plays until it's just a feature of the offense instead of the whole plan.

15. Br4d

You should never expect somebody to do better in the pros than they did in college. That's one of the reasons I don't think Bridgewater is going to be a major star. I think he's got the potential to be a Matt Ryan-caliber QB but he's going to have to raise his game some to do that.

16. JStokes

Lol too funny. Still trying to support your incomprehensible attack on the superior 2014 QB class while defending the weak 2013 QB class. Subpar? Wow, still wrong. Bortles, Teddy, Carr, Manziel, Garappolo, Mettenberger all better than anyone out of 2013 and possibly Savage, Fales and Murray too.

Still wrong and I bet you're hoping he gets hurt so your year long assault on him doesn't look any sillier than it already does.

Your funniest comment yet given that you were hammering Manziel the worst last year.

_

17. JStokes

My list last year predraft and this year is the same. Consistently so. Mariota, Teddy, Carr.

_

18. JStokes

Why not? You don't think Rogers or Big Ben or Ryan or Flacco or Brady or Romo or Brees or Kaep or Foles or Wilson or Davis or Cutler or Tannehill or Rivers are better than they were in college?

That's asinine to not expect a QB to be better in the pros than he was in college as he matures, gets stronger, allows the game to slow down.

You didn't think Teddy was going to be a star last year because you were still on the Geno bandwagon and not wanting to draft a QB last year you trashed all of them.

_

19. JStokes

+100000000000000000

_

20. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

If it's in that order, then passing on the QBs last year will end up being a great move provided we end up with Mariota.