The Keep Rex Ryan Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Monty_Droppings, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Let him keep picking OC's too. There's hundreds of them out there. Go for two a year...up the odds

In the meantime fire Idzik. Then see what other schlep we can find to take the GM job that's fine with not picking his own HC. And whatever other concessions he needs to give Woody in order to be hired.
    It would behoove us to find somebody early in the first five/ten times. I don't think there's too many guys like that out there.... let alone hundreds

Pocket Jet likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  3. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

I would've missed that if not for the quote. Thanks. Deserves it own thread

4. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

How does Rex even have 1 supporter from our fan base?
    I'm buttfumbled, I'm mean befuddled.

5. geomon

geomon Well-Known Member

They bought into the koolaid years ago after the 2 AFCCG losses. That's right folks. They were losses.

Pocket Jet likes this.
  6. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Oooo this is the official Moths to the flame thread.

Way too many posts to quote and reply to with my crappy laptop, but for the record I want to see Rex Stay, Idzik go, get in a GM who backs up his words and backs his HC with players and a long term VIABLE plan. trying to build 'Seattle II' here is ridiculous.

7. geomon

geomon Well-Known Member

So you want to see the status quo then.

8. gustoonarmy

If you want to paraphrase what I said, best of luck with that.

9. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

For all the people who want to credit Rex, and rightfully so, for last years coaching performance. You have to give him blame for this year.

The Jets look so bad out there and it's not just about the lack of talent in the secondary. They're out of position, they get flagged all the time, they have way to many mental errors. Rex has to take some blame for that.

Pocket Jet and FJF like this.
  10. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

Who coaches this team next year tho? He deserves blame for this year along with everyone else but who are the better candidates?
    He would've been better off for himself if he quit or got fired last year if he knew the team he overachieved with wouldn't even get upgraded.
    Is it his fault two of the most important keys to the season were improved play from Geno and Milliner? Geno's Jet career is in doubt and Milliner will have doubters until he proves he can stay healthy.

4-12 or worst I see why he has to go but there's not too many candidates I'd be excited to see replace him. I'd welcome Harbaugh with open arms in a second, but my guess is we'd get a first time head coach.

11. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

Bill Walsh, Vince Lombardi, et al had to start somewhere. Just to keep Rectum Rex because "there's no one else out there" is a stupid idea.

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I believe that Rex Ryan is actually the only person in the world who is capable of coaching the Jets. He may do a very poor job but gosh darnit he tries and who else can do it? duh, no one.

13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I personally believe he's had enough chances. Last year, I wanted Rex to stay because he was doing a much better coaching job - I felt he performing like a HEAD COACH. This year, it seems to have gone to shit. I thought Rex was expanding his game, but I was wrong. He's got to go now - him and Idzik out the door together. To me, I see it as the only way. Woody needs to take a page from James Dolan.

14. gustoonarmy

I would be with you there 100% but I don't think it is right that the new GM comes in and doesn't address our glaring needs. Rex is the HC....of what? The team, the team that the FO headed by Idzik is in charge of. I'm 100% sure that Rex and Marty to some extent would have made Idzik of the teams needs, the whole CB fiasco is what we know and if this is how the rest of the off-season went as an indicator, then Rex as HC and Marty were both screwed over, hence I want the clueless Idzik gone.

Don't get me wrong, Rex quite rightly deserves bashing as well for his ineptitude on dealing with this situation. But I also think that despite assurances from Woody still feels obliged to tip his hat and tow the Woody party line.

Rex CAN be a good HC and still needs time to develop into that person and I would love for him to do that with us.

I know 99.9% of people here disagree with me at this moment, but those are my thoughts.

15. Truth4U2

Truth4U2 Well-Known Member

Those old enough to remember this NY Jets HELL will feel much better about what we have now....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That was the REAL "circus" lol!

tbruner12 likes this.
  16. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

You lost your mind. The only reason we wasn't getting blowed out at halftime was because of the D.

17. Pocket Jet

Pocket Jet Well-Known Member

No, Lou Holtz was perhaps worse. 1976 - After going 3-10, he resigned as Head Coach with one game left. I spit at the sight of him ever since.

18. Geno007

I get so fucking sick of people saying he can't develop a QB? Please show me where BB gets the credit for Brady? Rex is a defensive genius not a offensive guy and we all knew that when he was hired. So why the fuck now should we blame Rex for the QB problems?

19. Geno007

Yeah when he gets a new HC who to say that are good D players won't follow him? We could lose Mo,Richardson etc.

20. MowTin

MowTin Active Member

I remember. That's why I want to keep Rex. He got us to a few plays of the big game. He's gotten us further than any Jets coach since Weeb Ewbank.

How can you blame Rex for losing with all these awful moves. Our secondary has been gutted of all talent and our QB's suck. The fact that we were even competitive vs New England and Denver proves that Rex is a solid coach and we should keep him.

Only fire Rex if you have someone who is clearly better in mind. If Jim Harbaugh wants the job then great otherwise let's just stick with what we have and not make things even worse. And yes, things can get much much worse.