The Keep Rex Ryan Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Monty_Droppings, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Monty_Droppings

Monty_Droppings Active Member

We were 5-1 in one score games last year, this was unsustainable, and gave unrealistic expectations.
    We are 1-5 in one score games this year. Law of averages sucks ass.

Realistically, we should have been 6-10 last year with one of the easiest schedules in the league.

We got an absolute shit schedule this year, and are 1-7. The schedule eases up considerably and we could very well end up at 6-10 with a really hard schedule. (unfortunately draft wise)

All I am saying is, if you wanted him out at the end of last season, fair enough. But don't go all nuts about how this team had unrealistic expectations going into the season with serious talent deficiency at key positions that were exposed in particular due to the nature of our schedule. (high octane passing attacks)

2. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Did you watch the team that absolutely sucked and didn't show up with extra rest yesterday.
    As awful as Geno was yesterday we did not lose the game because of him.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

You cwazy.

4. Section 336

Game was 14-7 early in the second the quarter with Geno long gone.
    We lost 43 -23!

5. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

The team wasn't up for the game. And look at the penalties. That killed any chances in the second half to compete. This is not a well-coached team.

6. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

It's a low talent team. No amount of coaching can change that.

7. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Why keep him? I don't think Rex even decides who's playing QB from week to week. You have to think he would've wanted Vick in there before the ship completely sank.

#7 CJLang, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Three int's in a row tends to suck the fight out of any team.

We let McElroy go a while ago.

9. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

I love Rex. But the schedule shouldn't be an excuse. There are no excuses. It's gonna be 4 years in a row that we wont be in the playoffs.

I would get rid of Geno/Vick and Idzik before Rex for sure. But at this point Im willing to sacrifice Rex if it means totally cleaning house.

Idzik doesnt deserve the chance to bring in "his own coach"..how can we have faith in a guy to hire someone qualified for the job when he himself wasnt qualified for a GM job? You shouldn't get hired to be a coach in the NFL because a guy you worked with in the past wants to bring you in. That's worse than the Rooney rule.

All Idzik knows is Seattle. And we're seeing just what Seattle really is these past couple weeks. Is that what we want to pick the leftovers off of? Atleast when we brought in Rex , and Bart Scott and Jim Leonhard came with him it was from an organization with 10 seasons of being competitive.

JetsNation06 likes this.
  10. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I don't agree. Most of us thought the team was at least a .500 team going into 2014. They're better than the record. But penalties, poor schemes. Sure there's plenty of coaches who I think could get more Ws out of the Jets. What you saw yesterday was terrible football including the coaching.

11. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

I really wish things could work for Rex here. I just don't think he is the answer for this team. Have seen no evidence that he knows anything about the offensive side of the ball our how to develop a QB.

12. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Someone please shut this thread down. The Jets are not better than their record, your record is what you are. This Jets team is a losing team. There is such blind optimism here it is scary and the reason why Woody gets off the hook for running this kind of organization. People say the only place to go is up, but at this rate we may not win a game with this organizational structure for years.

tomdeb, Jets69 and Pocket Jet like this.
  13. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Just stop with the bullshit. Threads like this are why most fans think Jets fans are full of idiots. Go to Oakland and Jacksonvilles message boards and I can guarantee you wont find people calling for the head coach to stay. Come back to reality my man.

14. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

You have to be kidding me...lets rename this the official we're fucking clueless to reality thread

15. Section 336

So does giving up a 92 yard touchdown drive in 5 plays after your offense just pulled within 7 points on a long 5 minute drive.

But let's not worry about the fact they pulled within 7 again at the end of the half, the defense couldn't tackle for shit or stop a nose bleed and stick to the narrative that Rex is a good coach and if Geno wasn't starting we'd have 6 wins right now.

16. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Can you pull your head out of Rex's ass long enough to take a breath. The lack of oxygen is making you say stupid shit. Rex was only good with other people's defenses. When he had a chance to build his own he sucked.

I have never seems fans sticking by a 1-7 HC like Jets fans. These must be the same people who stuck by Kotite, but they are now so old that they don't remember what it was like being the laughing stock of the NFL.

VaBchJet, geomon and JetsNation06 like this.
  17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

What's the argument?

There's plenty of blame to go around. Not many teams win with 6 turnovers.

It takes an all around team effort to suck like we do.

18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Trust me...nobody was on Team Kotite.

'Cept Leon.

jerseyjay14 likes this.
  19. geomon

geomon Well-Known Member

You know, I really don't understand threads like this. It's not the first time this has happened either. People were making Let's Keep Sanchez threads too up until he was shoved out the door.

I have to believe it's some sort of mental breakdown. Almost like a form of self defense. The product on the field is so bad that it can't possibly be real. No NFL team could suck that bad so there has to be a mental disconnect. Woody should offer free mental health screenings when trying to sell PSL's.

BleedGreen89 likes this.
  20. Pocket Jet

Pocket Jet Well-Known Member

thank you.... that about says it. Good night folks

srains likes this.