All You Rex Ryan Lovers......

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Wahoo, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I love these threads..sure Fire Ryan and you can get another 5th rate assistant (probably from Seattle) to take his place because no real NFL coach would come anywhere near this dump anymore than any real GM would two years ago. Set it all back another 20 years, who cares?

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

You have to be a youngie because otherwise you would be aware (know) that the NYJs have been rebuilding for the last 45 years with zero success up to now :mad:

3. NYJ_Jax28

NYJ_Jax28 Member

Really funny how deluded people can be. Rex is a quality NFL head and will definitely get another opportunity somewhere. Considering how high the coach turnover is in this league, a proven defensive genius like him will get another shot to prove himself. Albeit with whoever hires him fully aware of what they're getting and probably with a shorter leash this time. A guy that gets a team to play for him, has a track record of success shutting down top QBs and winning big games on the road like Rex does will always be a commodity in this league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Dreadmadseen

Dreadmadseen Active Member

Be careful what you wish for. ..

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

it's Rex's fault his GM pushed a terrible QB on him?

6. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Rex Ryan's defense is the most overrated defense in football history, the Bills made the 27th trip in a row to the Jets 30 and scored. His defense has not stopped someone from scoring once they hit the Jets 30 in 27 attempts. His defense gets not turnovers, can't make the big stop when they need it.

I was pulling for Rex but this team has officially quit on him. He shouldn't even be given the season at this point.

JetsNation06 likes this.
  7. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I will stick around to see who the haters blame for us sucking when the new coaching staff comes in and we still don't have an NFL caliber QB on the roster :rolleyes:

8. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

have you got any quotes to back that statement up? because I don't recall ever reading anything like that.

9. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Nobody wanted to come near this team because, as usual, Woody screwed up and wouldnt give the GM autonomy to sign his guy as HC.
    This time around Woody should clean house and give a new GM all the $ in cap space and free reign to hire a HC and build this franchise into something respectable as opposed to the sideshow it's become under Rex Ryan.

#49 Jersey Joe 67, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
    Walt White and JetsNation06 like this.
  10. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I don't think its quit on him, it just doesn't have enough talent (esp at the QB position) - I think it would be best all round for him to go at the end of season and given the guy gets paid millions its not like I feel the need to break out a violin for him - I just want this team to succeed, but it cannot and wont unless or until it gets a franchise QB.

11. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Equally as dire has been the complete ignoring of the offensive line. Drafting Mangold and Brick helped turn this team around. Since them we haven't done anything on the o line and it has been crumbling for three years now. It's no coincidence that the cowboys have turned it around this year because their o line has finally come together.

You can't develop a young QB behind a bad o line. Having an awful QB just makes it worse. If Rex hasn't been in the GM's ear for several years begging for legitimate offensive line help than it's on him IMO.

Red Menace likes this.
  12. KJet84

KJet84 Member

I just dont understand why he keeps getting called a defensive genius? How many failed defensive draft picks does this guy need, how many horrible halftime adjustments, how many games making kyle orton look like Tom Brady, how many games with ZERO turnovers or zero big stops?!!

I agree that he gameplans well..his first quarters are usually pretty good, but it seems like the opposing OC disects him by halftime and we get destroyed down the stretch. It is just not true to call him a defensive genius anymore when his defenses are now only elite at stopping the run which is getting phased out of the nfl anyway. Rex hasnt been able to adjust with rule changes and one v one coverage doesnt work in this league anymore...

13. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I agree with you along w/ bringing in Woody and Faneca which really turned around Brick's career.

14. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Thats all on Rex. He loves doing those stupid things. He used to use McKnight on defense also. This was only the 3rd play all year Hakim played on defense and he thought he could fool Orton sending him deep in cover 1. Dumb play call from the start.

15. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

Rex was the DL line coach for the 2000 Ravens. Our only good unit is the DL. I love the guy, but where's all the talent he should be coaching up. Does he get credit for Allen (when not playing corner) or maybe that little hot streak with Maybin. Only defensive players to be good that Rex has drafted are Mo, Sheldon, and Q. It doesn't help that all our safeties under Rex have been SS. The only FS I can remember are Rhodes who Rex did not like. Maybe even Lowery who we traded away.

16. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Junc, I have been posting this in a couple of threads, the core of the team for 2009 and 2010 were put together by tanny and Mangini, free agents, and draft picks, Revis, mangold, brick, trading a 4 th round pick for thomas jones.

Some guys don't want hear this but rex took over a team that was set up to go in a winning streak, but Mangini was fired after losing 4 games in a row and ended up 9-7.

He was not given a chance the way Rex has, the man has had 6 years, and as soon as the core group that Mangini and tanny put together gradually left, Rex and tanny and Idzik have not done anything to make up for those players, and that's why rex has to be held accountable like Mangini was held accountable.

There is no one left from the Mangini and tanny era but Harris, mangold and brick.

slimjasi and Ben Had like this.
  17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

His defense has given up 22 Passing Touchdowns through the first 8 weeks. Opposing QBs have thrown 22 TDs and only 1 INT.

To put that in perspective his '09 D only gave up 8 passing TDs the whole season. I understand he has a patchwork secondary but if he was supposed to be a bright defensive mind he would overcome it to some degree. They wouldn't be the worst in the league like they are with a 2.8 passing TD allowed per game ratio, I don't care.

18. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

This is yet another reason why it is beyond obvious that Rex has to GTFO. He's been here six years. We have taken a defensive player in the first round every year since we drafted Sanchez. The people who are incessantly defending Rex are living in a fantasy land where the head coach has no input on draft/FA decisions.

19. NYCBillsFan

NYCBillsFan Well-Known Member

Honestly, I think that at this point Rex has to go. The failed KO return where TJ Graham was laying on the ground, then got up and looked for a lateral from Percy Harvin was a TERRIBLE decision. Didn't the JETS get Harvin to try and break one off, not be used as a decoy. The Jets were only down by 10 at that point and a TD at that point would have turned the entire nature of the game. Rex makes too many questionable calls at critical times. On top of that, his strength (Defense) is last in the league in Points Allowed. He's failed to develop two QB's, and there's nothing to show that he'll ever be able to do it in the future. I feel for you guys and gals as fans. I know how much it sucks to watch.

20. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Back what up? I've prolly watched every Rex presser. Have you ever watched one. Rex has boasted and implied greatness a hundred times. His roles in Baltimore are documented. Rex, and people that listen to Rex, give him way too much credit there.

Ozzie Newsome not so much. Newsome by passed Rex, in favor of Harbaugh, when he picked his leader. That says more than anything that comes out of Rex's mouth.

There's no need to read anything about what is said when you watch the source yourself. As soon as the sources became available online there was less and less need to pay any mind to the Mehta's and Costello's. Actually many times Rex was quoted out of context to make it worse than it really was. But Rex has talked mad bullshit well enough on his own