All You Rex Ryan Lovers......

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Wahoo, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I'm still not even convinced Rex is as great a DC as everyone, especially himself, say's he is. He didn't build the defense in Baltimore, he inherited it from Marvin Lewis .

Jets69 and Pocket Jet like this.
  2. Pocket Jet

Pocket Jet Well-Known Member

and remember that they did not hire him as HC when the job opened

3. Petey

Petey Active Member

I like Rex and think he's a decent head coach. I think what we've learned is that he's really not great at developing young talent (it's obvious on offense but I would say that aside from the d-line, the defense hasn't come along like you'd expect). However, he excels at motivating talent and getting them to play above their heads. He's perfect for a veteran team that just needs a different voice and doesn't need to be over coached/over managed. I think he'd be successful in a place like Atlanta that already has an established QB and offense which would allow him to be hands off but still have a productive offense. Rex just isn't ideal for a rebuild which is what the Jets have been doing for the past couple of seasons.

In a way, that's what you hear in Pittsburgh about Mike Tomlin. Great motivator, but not as good at developing talent as his predecessor. I'm not saying Rex is as good a coach as Tomlin, but I do think there are some similarities.

All that said, it's time for the Jets to move on and go in a different direction. I'm appreciative of what the Jets accomplished under Rex and in particular, a really fun stretch to be a fan. But everything comes to an end and so will Rex's tenure.

4. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

I'm convinced your a dumb ass.

5. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

This is not about Wilson and the Seahawks...and what teams won the SB and how. You're making excuses for Rex.

We all know you need a good QB. But Wilson managed the games for them, that's all he did, and you're declaring him a "Franchise QB". I doubt it, complete bs most likely.

I suppose we're supposed to sit around forever and watch this undisciplined, lost, dysfunctional franchise til someday we hit the jack pot with a Rodgers.

#25 Walt White, Oct 26, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  6. Walt White

Yep. Baltimore Won the SB when Marvin Lewis was DC[ Rex was a position coach], and then after Rex left. Rex used to talk like it was him that made that D...UH,UH

7. bandwagon

bandwagon Active Member

Agreed about RR. But if Russell Wilson is a "game manager," then a game manager is what the Jets need. The guy makes plays. In the pocket. Running. Throwing on the run. He's smart, has an above average arm, extends plays, knows when to throw it away, and is a leader.

8. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

So the Falcons who are like 6-18 in their last 24 games are simply one Rex Ryan away from the Superbowl? Good stuff.

9. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Atlanta's gonna fire a nice guy to hire an even more egregious player coach? I think not.

Other than the fact their QB's a bit sketchy I'd actually worry about him going to Miami a bit more. That's all we need to have Belichick ****ing us from one end and Rex from the other.

10. Walt White

Fair. But they won with D and running the ball.

Meanwhile people want exonerate Rex about the QB's. Rex was part of drafting Sanchez. I sincerely doubt Pete Carroll, or hardly anybody would have taken Sanchez under those circumstances at that time. Rex doesn't get a pass for Sanchez in my view , never did. Woody, Rex, and Tanny share the blame for that bust pick

11. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Honestly Sanchez proved to be the better pick over Josh Freeman at that point so it's not like they passed up Russel Wilson that year and they did need a QB at that time.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/positions/_/year/2009/quarterbacks

Good god after Stafford the QB's were a wasteland that year. At least Curtis Painter made a career out of carrying Peyton's water.

12. bandwagon

bandwagon Active Member

True. In fact, Pete Carroll said Sanchez wasn't ready. It's been said that RR had an outsized role in many of MT's drafts, which passes the smell test.

13. mute

mute Well-Known Member

If you currently google search Fire youll see a familiar face.

Ima usin Tapatalkie.

14. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

I wish he'd get the Rutgers job. Ryan is taylor-made to be a college head coach in the northeast. His personality makes him a natural recruiter.

15. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Rex had a great run as a DC and now maybe even that is coming to an end. Sure he's made these bums look good at times this year but every single time it actually matters they blow it.

16. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

In his defense ... our secondary today had a kick returner (whose natural position is wide receiver) playing safety ... and our best cornerback's natural position is strong safety; that's on Idzik.

17. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Rex would probably only take a SEC job

18. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Very insightful commentary, just like all your posts.

Jets69 and IDFjet like this.
  19. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Your right, because the new team he goes to had someone else put the offense together, as soon as rex starts to voice his opinion on who gets drafted their offense will go downhill, just like he did when he got to the jets.

Tanny and Mangini put the core of that offense together and look at what rex has helped build after all the players that Mangini and tanny started to leave.

The evidence is in front of you guys but you refuse to acknowledge that he had any part in helping to put this offense together.

Do the research, ryan was at the scouting combines with tanny and he has been with Idzik.

He is not there as comic relief for the press.

20. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Time to clean house.