Question about CB

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Faux machine, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

I have to think we take a corner somewhere in the draft. Unless we do the (almost) unthinkable and take one in the first round, who is a good prospect? I'm assuming Ekpre-Olomu, Jones, and Johnson are gone in the first round. From what I understand they are the projected top 3. I don't watch much college ball.

2. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

Should be a mid-to-late round development pick. Some who is reliable, no injury history and has some upside. Pick up a vet corner in FA to compete with Milliner to decide our 1 and 2. McDougle, rookie and Walls compete for the third spot. Kyle Wilson gone, let him compete for third, doesn't matter.

3. BleedGreen4ever

BleedGreen4ever Active Member

I know not everyone is a fan of Kyle Wilson, and he has been a dissapointment considering his draft slot, but he is a very good slot corner, in fact among the best in the league. With our troubles at corner I don't think it would be wise to let a guy of his caliber go. Is he Revis no, is a dissapointment yes, but he plays a valuable role in this defense and I think he is one of those role players you just can't let go. If we sign him it would be much like the Kerley signing, we just don't have the depth at the position to let our starting nickle back walk. I hope we continue the trend of signing role players to team-friendly deals and continue to improve our depth, especially at a position of so much need.

4. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

Well Ifro Ekpe has been struggling over the last few weeks, and overall he's regressed from his play last year. There's no way he goes top three, top 12 most likely. Regardless I don't want to see the Jets take another rookie Corner within the first three rounds. We can and should addresses that in free agency.

almbleamal likes this.
  5. Geno Da Meano_

Geno Da Meano_ Active Member

Personally, I think we should address CB in free agency. If we draft a corner, I'd rather it be in the later rounds as a depth or special teams guy who has the potential to play a bigger role in the future. We need to address the OL and WR positions before anything else.

6. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

Good points all. As I said I don't watch much college ball. Who is a good late round prospect for us to take?

7. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

If you go to RotoWorld and under the NFL Draft section they have daily updates about prospects.

Not a late-round guy but the possible first CB taken is the guy from Washington.

8. Geno Da Meano_

Haven't heard his name much, but maybe a guy like Eric Rowe from Utah. Was a previously a FS but is playing in the slot this year. Has good size at 6'1 205. Let's see how he does with Agholor this week when matched up against him.

#8 Geno Da Meano_, Oct 22, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  9. Geno Da Meano_

Also, another name is Senquez Golson at Ole Miss. He's also 2nd in the FBS with 7 interceptions. His size (5'9 175) may cause him to fall in the draft.

10. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

Marcus Peters is a monster, I know he was suspended earlier in the year not sure for what but looked great against Brandin Cooks last year

11. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

Marcus Peters

12. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

It's a fairy weak Cornerback class, after the top two corners (Marcus Peters and Ifro Ekpe Olomu) there's no sure fired prospect.

Now of course it can changed, but if it remains this way, Idzik is better off finding a stop gap in Free Agency.

13. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

I would rather see us take a corner in every single round 2 through 7 than another in the 1st. I don't know if I could handle it.

14. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Peters is putting the clamps on Jalen Strong right now. Peters is doing a Revis where he is following Strong where ever he lines up. They've been jawing at each other all night. Strong caught a short TD but it looked like Peters thought he had helped inside as he gave him the inside route and reacted late. Other than that he's doing Strong like he did Cooks. It's to the point where Kelly is not even looking at Strong anymore even though Peters is playing one on one with little to no help. I have no idea what kind of athlete Peters is but he's one of the best pure cover CBs I've seen in while. He's a better corner than Milliner right now as a junior in college; it's not even close.