Now we know why Harvin came cheap..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Oct 18, 2014.

1. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

Good. We need some attitude and toughness at the WR position.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Anyone else totally shocked to learn someone cracked Golden Tate in the face?

rohirrim665 likes this.
  3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

there is risk with every signing. if he turns out to be a bad apple I'm fine with the risk so long as they quickly recognize and remove said bad apple. we have a decent parachute here

TonyMaC likes this.
  4. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Idzic knows him and so does breno. I'm guessing if they think he is a total douche he wouldn't be here.
    I don't see anything but up side to this

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

The fact that it's very low commitment for the Jets in terms of financial impact and giving up a minor draft pick, coupled with the upside that Harvin potentially brings and it seems like a good move by Idzik.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

It's at most a fourth round pick. How is Idzik being played? Posters on this board are ridiculous. Holmes came to the Jets during a similar situation and was a big part of them getting to the AFCCG. The only difference is the Jets won't be financially committed to Harvin as they can cut him without any dead money. If the Pats did this the media would say how it was a great, no risk move that can ascend them to a SB. And they would bring up Randy Moss in arguing that guys can change and get over locker room issues. It's in vogue to shit on the Jets no matter what the move is.

8. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

Didn't hit a woman or a child, fine by me.

9. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

everyone in NFL circles, especially those like Idzik with close contacts still in seattle already knew all this - you don't get 1st round talent for a 6th round pick without there being some major issues involved - at least unlike with Holmes we aren't locked into a multi-year deal

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

everyone in NFL circles, especially those like Idzik with close contacts still in seattle already knew all this - you don't get 1st round talent for a 6th round pick without there being some major issues involved - at least unlike with Holmes we aren't locked into a multi-year deal

11. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

It's really not new news. Shouldn't shock anyone.

12. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Players with big contracts always come cheap.

13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Why am I not surprised by this.. I just knew there had to be something else behind this trade other than the Hawks just doing a salary dump and helping out their old buddy. I really hope Harvin gets his shit together real quick here because the last thing a shaky QB like Geno needs is a time bomb ticking in the huddle or on the sidelines. That would be Santonio II for sure but at least Santonio wouldn't clock Geno if he had a problem. As far as we know anyways. Now why bring the potential for controversy into an already shaky lockerroom is a mystery only Idzik can answer.

If Harvin does not produce in this offense, how you do justify keeping him for a 2nd audition not to mention keeping him under control overall? This may not be Derrick Mason II, Plaxico II, or even Santanio II but it certainly has the potential to become volatile at a really bad time. Refusing to go into a game is pretty damn bad if you're a pro. He's "Leon" with anger issues and I wonder if the Jets really need that now. Idzik created this mess and now its gonna be his signature moment to get this shitfest offense fixed PDQ. He doesn't have 5+ years to get it done either.

We could have simply drafted several bluechip Wrs when we had the chance. That would have been too fckn easy for the Jets.

One last time for effect: You don't get something for nothing in this World. There's always a price that has to be paid..

#53 Cman68, Oct 18, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
    NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. no psls

no psls Banned

From the Seattle Seahawks website:
    Well from what's being tossed around it was a locker room issue. There are reports his anger management issues came into play here. And mike freeman is reporting that he didn't want to be here anymore and the Hawks accomodated that for him and shipped him off and that the Hawks are happy and so is Percy. If this is true then the players and fans feelings aside he needed to be gone. We will just have to find a way to overcome him not being a decoy on the field anymore and our receivers will have to step up! I also am intrigued to see what other crazy moves the Hawks will make with the money they have saved with this trade. I appreciate the organization basically saying we messed up and instead of sitting on our hands anymore we will acknowledge it and move on from the player!
    And if the newest reports are to be believed apparently Harvin got into a fist fight with Tate last year during super bowl week and if you pictures of Tate he has a black eye. And they also are saying that when wilson would question him about things he would get very angry and that he almost fought Russell too. Like I said we can't believe everything but it does make things a little more clear as to why they would all of a sudden dump him.

15. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

I have no clue if the Harvin deal is going to work out - no one does.

I do want to say though, Russell Wilson came across to me as a self-important, self-congratulatory, judgemental douche canoe hiding behind the veil of being saved by Jesus in his article on Jeter's new site. He always struck me as a harmless "good guy" in a sea of over-aggression, but after that article the only thing I could think was, "man, how has nobody f*cked this guy up yet" and, "how has this guy gotten people to follow him like the pied piper?"

rohirrim665 likes this.
  16. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

I don't get to caught up in these things. Harvin is a good player, end of story.

Yeah of course we dont want him coming in here and being a cancer but Harvin is more talented than Holmes IMO. I'm willing to take a risk here. We need more talent on this offense.

74 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

For the Jets sake, I hope you're right Kev.. We've already seen the alternate ending to this movie.

18. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I didn't like this when it was initially reported the conditional pick was a 2nd.

A 6th, possibly 4th? Fuck it.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  19. Can Grande

Can Grande Active Member

Fair trade IMO.
    Didn't give a whole lot to get him and, all things considered, he wasn't worth more than what was paid Seattle.
    I say that despite his phenomenal talent. He's unquestionably one of the most explosive offensive players that you can count on the fingers of one hand. But he often doesn't see the field for one reason or another, has production no where near his ability and is an aggressive, unpleasant and divisive person and teammate.
    Jets have money to burn and can well afford their share of this years guaranteed salary.
    Then they will have to figure out whether he's worth double digit millions next year.
    If the past is any indication, he won't be.
    I also wonder whether these hybrid threats are best weapons in the pro game - Tavon Austin, CJ Spiller, Harvin...they all seem to disappoint in the end.

20. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Agreed. Holmes was a nightmare after 2010. I don't hate this risk though. We need a playmaker brought in here. We'll see how it plays out.

NYJetsO12 likes this.