Why would any respectable head coach candidate come to the Jets?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Oct 12, 2014.

1. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Totally agree with the bold, off man and zone are his strengths despite what Max would like everyone to believe.

2. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

And you know this because: A) You can read the future, B) You own a DeLorean, or C) You are pulling shit out of your ass???

Obviously, you have no idea how much control the guy who comes here is getting because you have no idea how bad this season will get and what Woody will ultimately decide to do. Of course, this point, in and of itself, completely vanquishes your entire argument on logical grounds. The fact that you are pretending you don't see that is particularly amusing to me.

Moronic thread is still moronic.

3. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Ain't no coach in the NFL who could coach this team to a winning record with an owner who hires a GM that doesn't know what he's doing.

soxxx likes this.
  4. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

LMAO you are about to get pwned again. What was the main issue with Mike Tannenbaum? He allowed Rex to much input into the team in regards to personnel decisions. So what was the solution? Bring in a general manager that makes the decisions. Idzik is here to make the decisions, not the head coach, stemming from the same phiolosphy of the Giants and Steelers..... coaches coach.....

Whoever the coach is, he will not be making the decisions, GMs philosophy will not change overnight, Idzik is the final decision maker, the end.

PWNED again you moron, you hater, you troll.

5. slimjasi

What does any of this have to with the price of tea in China?

So . . . the DeLorean then?

6. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

And Slimjasi, why cant you provide an example? if I am an individual that makes moronic statements, why cant you come up with just one example?!?!?!? come on man, PWN me, please!!! I am begging you!

We are now six pages deep and you havent posted one yet.

7. slimjasi

Coming up with an example of something to support an argument I am not making seems kinda pointless, doesn't it?

Strawman argument is still a strawman.

8. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Hater still hating.

Troll still trolling.

9. slimjasi

False.

1) Bill Parcells going to the Pats in 1993

2) Mike Shanahan going to the Redskins in 2010

3) Bill Parcells going to the Jets in 1997

4) Joe Gibbs returning to the Redskins in 2004

5) Bill Parcells going to the Cowboys in 2003.

Thread Fail.

10. slimjasi

11. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Again, you havent answered the question. Answer it please.

12. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Putting you on ignore you terrorist.

13. slimjasi

There is no relevant question that you have asked which pertains to my argument. Read more, please.

14. slimjasi

hahaha.

A wise man once warned not to argue with fools, because from a distance, one can't tell who is who.

My response: Yeah, but every once in a while you get a new Sig out of it.

15. 74

74 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

slimjasi likes this.
  16. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Top Candidates who went to shitty situations. Seema as if all of these were people who had success at previous stops whether it be as a coordinator or as a head coach. Also see a common theme that they were all taking over for teams without established QBs (minus Belichick who had Bledsoe, Harbaugh with Alex Smith, and maybe Vermeil who had Trent Green).

If an established coach is coming they are taking over with the idea that they get to pick the players and that some of the control is taken away from Idzik. With all of the cap room and a full complement of draft picks and potentially high ones, with a good draft and free agency the team can compete. Key to sustained success is finding a QB.

1. Harbaugh - SF
    2. Parcels - multiple times
    3. Nick Saban - 2005
    4. Bill Belichick - 2001
    5. Shanny as stated above
    6. Spurrier - 2001
    7. Gibbs - Returned as stated above
    8. Fisher - STL
    9. Vermeil - 1997 STL

slimjasi likes this.
  17. BobbyGM8000

BobbyGM8000 Active Member

What better GM? Who is out there?

18. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

The Seahawks primarily play press man with some press bail. They play cover 1 man or cover 3, which is usually played very similarly to cover 1 man. If Quinn came here and brought his system, there wouldn't be much zone coverage.

Scouting reports on Dee Milliner:
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1612629-dee-milliner-scouting-report-nfl-outlook-for-alabama-cb
    "Capable of holding his own in man or zone, no schematic limitations"
    "Nick Saban operates a demanding defensive scheme at Alabama, asking his cornerbacks to do more than most NFL teams will. During his time in Tuscaloosa, Milliner earned snaps playing in man and zone coverage (both press and off), blitzing, on special teams and even rotating to safety at times."
    "The best defensive back in this class, Dee Milliner thrived in both man and zone coverage at Alabama. Due to size, athleticism and experience, his game transcends scheme."

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2013/3/19/4121916/dee-milliner-2013-nfl-draft-scouting-report
    "Milliner also proved to be a physical corner in his final season at Alabama. Measuring right around six-feet tall, Milliner has the size to excel when playing close to the line of scrimmage in coverage. That versatility is what makes him a potential top-10 pick in this draft. He has the skills to play both zone and man coverage with success. In addition to his size and physicality, he has quick hips to turn and run with wide receivers after he has jammed them off their routes."
    "his back-pedal is not very smooth. Milliner tends to get too upright when dropping straight back, and he doesn't display the quickness or smoothness he will need at the next level. That causes him to allow a bit too much separation to receivers on underneath routes."

He is prepared for any CB role in the NFL, with strengths in press man and zone. He is not bad at off man but it his weaker situation as he is stiff when he back pedals. The reason I say he should be used as a press man CB is because that is the most valuable role a CB can play. Depending on what type of zone you keep going on about wanting him to play, zone generally diminishes what a quality press man CB can do for you.

19. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

One that is more qualified.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...-york-jets-cant-give-away-general-manager-job

I dont have the necessary resources to identify the individual, but they are out there, the article mentions Tom Gamble, but that was from 2012. He was the player personnel guy for San Fransisco, he is now apparently the vice president of play personnel for the Eagles since the 2013 offseason. I would take a look at him, but for a fan to pick out a general manager, its kinda to much, these guys arent exactly in the public eye so none of us really know much about them compared to a college coach or nfl coordinator who we see in action every week. The fact of the matter is Idzik was not the top guy on our list, he was #4 or #5 from what I understand....but he was the only one that would retain Rex.

20. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

A) You ignored when I answered your question above
    B) The Jets did interview Gamble. Brian Basset even reported on an agreement. He went back to San Fran and then left for Philly due to growing up there. I also think his mother was sick or something like that.