Fire John Idzik

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GoldenShowers, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Truth4U2

Truth4U2 Well-Known Member

Everyone knows Idzik is the problem with this organization, not Rex. A coach can only do so much when the organization is sitting on tons of cap money it won't spend, and lets a top flight secondary leave without replacing it. It's almost criminal what Idzik has done to Rex! You know, at this point I'm so fed up, I almost hope Rex gets to escape this mess and wins a championship with another team, that will serve Idzik right!

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. BobbyGM8000

BobbyGM8000 Active Member

Idzik won't give a fuck what Rex does if he leaves the Jets. How does Rex winning a title on another team effect the Jets?

3. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Who says Rex is s good enough coach to win a ring. I see him going to the Raiders. A good match imo.

soxxx likes this.
  4. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I can see the Raiders too.

soxxx likes this.
  5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

And who got us Geno? JI

6. M00ndawg

M00ndawg Member

Every year I fall for the dam trick... Why oh why can I fall for the same old Jets.

7. wampa

wampa Well-Known Member

Something people should keep in mind - and I'm on the fence about Izdik myself - is that Izdik isn't the entire personnel department. While he'll ultimately shoulder the blame, he's taking the recommendations of his scouting department and coaching staff when it comes to talent-evaluation. No GM in the NFL does all the scouting himself, and I'm guessing most GMs devote the majority of their attention to the early rounds especially. The true sleeper picks are likely to be area-scout genius as much as they are GM talent evaluation.

JetFan4Life likes this.
  8. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

To think I was mocked for calling this guy a star studded pencil pusher. A pro scout hahaha.

But as a Jet fan I hope this situation one way or another gets cleaned up and we become the team all of us want it to be..

9. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

For NFL teams??

10. N0samples

N0samples Guest

Yeah. They had a hand in Seattle's FO I believe.

11. JetFan4Life

JetFan4Life Member

Uh, you might want to check your reports. Emmanuel Sanders, late of the Steelers and now another notch in Peyton Manning's belt, wanted to come to the Jets. But Idzik was too busy to meet with him so instead of coming and meeting with us, he went and met with Elway and signed with Denver.

You don't think Wes Welker, Sanders, Thomas, Thomas etc on the Broncos are all better then everyone we have? Decker was number 2 or 3 at best on Denver. Calvin Johnson & Golden Tate on Detroit (and Tate was another free agent we chose not to go after) Dez Bryant and the rest of the cowboys? Almost EVERY team has at least one elite receiver and most have 2. All except the Jets. Decker is one full level below the elite receivers and he is our number 1. Decker is a very good (not going to say great) number 2 but he is not a number 1. And that is only ONE of issues I have with Idiotzic.

12. JetFan4Life

JetFan4Life Member

There were reports of slightly colorful language from the Ryan household when he found out we whiffed on all the free agent cornerbacks and it got really bad when he heard about DRC.

13. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

If people are stupidly blaming Idzik for the CB situation because of unforeseen injuries, then they can't turn around and talk about how he "whiffed" on DRC. Guy hasn't been that good and has been hurt in 2 of the 6 games played so far.

14. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

It depends on how you want to spend your cap. Denver got a good deal on Welker at 6 mil per year and you're right about Wes and the Thomases being better than Decker although one of them is a tight end. Not sure about Sanders or that story about "Idiozic" not wanting to meet with him. Maybe at that time he had decided to sign Decker and didn't want to pay 2 receivers. But esp with injuries the cupboards are bare at wide receiver on the Jets. Salas was injured yesterday too. After getting fired Tanny admitted he had skimped at the skill positions even though he had drafted Stephen Hill.

#254 pclfan, Oct 13, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  15. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Another thing is if you have injuries or a lack of depth or talent in one area then go with the talent you have. Like both tight ends and maybe using Chris Johnson spread out as a slot receiver. The forgotten man on this offense is Bilal Powell who started games last year and is a good player. Agreed that Decker is good but a poor man's number one.

16. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

For all we know Rex pushed and dumb ass aka Idzik just never listen.

17. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I agree the only issue is that it will be hard sell at first. Typically you need a year for the negativity to fade away, Love and Wisenhunt got a job after a year, Jeff Fisher to.

Reid got one right after but he is more proven, I hope Rex gets another job though.

18. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Considering the situation you have to give both Rex and Idzik time to fix whatever issues they created. If it doesn't work you fire both and hire a GM and allow the GM to hire his own coach.

19. JetFan4Life

JetFan4Life Member

Are you kidding. Your own argument proves that Idzik is an idiot. Milliner had FIVE (5), count them, FIVE surgeries in college. So you have a person who is habitually injured. Like you said, he hired a person who has a history of not being dependable, i.e. not being able to stay healthy, and expected him to be dependable, i.e. be able to stay healthy. And you're surprised that he has spent more time on IR than on the field? Why?

FlaJet likes this.
  20. JetFan4Life

JetFan4Life Member

All three WRs were drafted in the 4th round. I know many people, myself included, were scratching our heads why we didn't try to package those 4th rounders and move back into the 3rd round. Instead of our 3 WRs we drafted, one has been cut, the other on IR and the other is embroiled in a domestic issue that will probably see him out of the league soon.

And there were plenty of other free agents out there. Golden Tate, Emmanuel Sanders, etc. Don't say there weren't any other options. There were plenty of other options. We just chose to be cheap and it has bitten us in the ass.

FlaJet likes this.