Fire John Idzik

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GoldenShowers, Oct 5, 2014.

1. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I think that Idzik will give substantial long term deals but only to top flight core players like Richardson and Wilk. I'm not sure if Nick Mangold is still in that category but it's pretty obvious he's essential to this team. If Milliner plays like they think he will you can put his name down, too. There is at present nobody on special teams besides Folk who is essential. Our return game is a minus. Love to pick up a good return guy even if it means overpaying. Our starting field position so far this year has been inside the 20 and no potential for a big return. Why not use Chris Johnson?

2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

But JetsNation06 post above says it all about how we REALLY NEED A NEW OWNER who will not nix things. I think Jerry Jones has learned that lesson with Dallas. Also we need a brainy Coach like BB, Chip Kelly and Jason Garret at Dallas who know football. GM must know the most about the game. We don't need a consulting firm, correct, Jets need common sense

3. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Jerry Jones is his own GM. He's a former college football player, he played for Arkansas so it's not like he doesn't know anything about football. All owners have final say over the teams budget and a lot of these guys are involved. These teams are their expensive toys.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

There really are few things dumber on this board than the "we need a new owner"complaint

MaximusD163 likes this.
  5. DMarsh6

DMarsh6 Active Member

Ok, after further review I agree with you on Milliner. Incomplete is a better word to describe him. I didn't think Winters looked that bad so far but when looking at PFF it appears he does appear to be playing poorly lately. I do also think Aboushi will be a solid player as he was pushing to take Winters or Colons spot before the season and he was supposed to be a project (think Brandon Moore). Call me biased with Bohanon, as I'm just a big fan I guess.

I don't think Geno is as bad as we make him out to be. When star quarterbacks lose their weapons and play poorly, we defend them. When one enters the league without any and plays poorly, we rip them. Up until Deckers hamstring injury vs GB, he was playing good football. As soon as he went out, the offense sputtered. I think to help fix this, Marty should be getting the TEs more involved. Dustin Keller was such a huge help for Sanchez, why can't Amaro be that for Geno? This doesn't mean I'm sold on Geno being the QB for the future; far from that. My opinion is if we get in a position next year to take a Julio Jones/AJ Green like WR prospect, you go that route over a QB.

6. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Idzik has made (to me) mistakes starting with signing Garrard as Genos backup which was a joke. And his draft this year was a bust. He had about 12 picks and had enough weapons so he could trade up to get better players or trade back and get more picks next year. Most of the 12 guys they selected weren't that good and didn't make the team. Tannenbaum always made draft day trades and usually got good value. His selections weren't always that great either. The press has always said that Rex had an undue influence over the draft. And as we all know there hasn't been any kind of a balance in selections. It's top heavy for the defense.

papapump and NYJetsO12 like this.
  7. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

Geno sucks he isn't smart makes stupid decisions regardless of what weapons are out there.

For example he is the only qb I have seen run out of bounds 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage or slide 2 yards behind the line instead of throwing it away. Or how about constantly backing up 10 or more yards when pressured and putting us out of field goal range - he has done this more than once. Or how about 8 turnovers in 5 games.

Sanchez was never even that bad and he was horrible also

Winters is horrible that's all there is to it. We should be running the ball wit Ivory almost 20 times a game I don't care if he is prone to injury he is 2nd in the league in YPC

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

In regards to the first part, Brian Winters isn't good, but he's definitely not as bad as fans make him out to be. He was a third round pick who ended up starting, and it's silly to rip a 3rd rounder this early less than 1 year and a half in. Many 3rd round picks don't even see the field yet. Also, despite a poor showing early (after missing pretty much all of minicamp and most of training camp keep in mind) he bounced back and played very well, earning defensive player of the month for December. He played better than ok, he was genuinely a plus player. He played at that same level in San Diego, although he was not tested much. If there is one knock on him, it's that he tends to get hurt, but at this point even that isn't a very valid complaint yet. William Campbell was the project player a la Brandon Moore, not Oday Aboushi. Aboushi was just a tackle as opposed to a guard. As a 5th rounder, if he starts at any point that is generally a bonus. I actually think Bohanon has been very good. He's not a crusher as a lead blocker, but he plays very well all around, and has been very good at receiving out of the backfield and short yardage carries as well. He was an excellent 7th round pick.

In regards to the second part, I mostly agree. I think Geno has made poor decisions, but he's no EJ Manuel. If Geno had the Bills supporting cast he'd be much much better. Even when Decker isn't the one catching passes, the threat he provides helps get Kerley and the others open much more frequently. What you have to remember is that Keller had a full season catching passes from Brett Favre before Sanchez ever showed up, and it's not like the connection between Sanchez and Keller was there by game 5 of Sanchez's rookie year. Amaro just got into the league, and Mornhinweg has been gradually increasing his role so expect good things from Amaro, just not right away. I also tend to agree that if we have the opportunity to get an all star WR in the draft, we should do it. Of course it always just depends on who's available.

DMarsh6 likes this.
  9. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Idk does not know what hes doing. He needs to be fired today for force feeding us the shit that is Geno last year and this year. It was never a fair competition.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. DMarsh6

DMarsh6 Active Member

Thanks for correcting Aboushi/Campbell. Definitely right about that. Your post was pretty much spot on. Good point with Keller/Favre. I hope you're right with how Amaro turns out. All in all, excellent post.

11. DMarsh6

DMarsh6 Active Member

I completely agree with your point about Ivory. He should definitely be getting more carries. I understand the frustration with Geno, but it's not like franchise QBs are easy to find. I say while getting the playmakers this team needs on offense, stick it out with him as he has had glimpses of being a good QB. If not, I believe Sanchez only has a 1 year deal in Philly so we can bring em in and lead the Jets to the playoffs again.

12. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

thank god theres about a 0% chance that sanchez will be back... will yall ever find a new topic? comparing geno to sanchez is like comparing fools gold to rhinestones. They both aint worth shit so who cares why you guys still wasting your time trying to find things to add to that debate?

NYJetsO12 and pclfan like this.
  13. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

If we re signed sanchez id strongly consider becoming a giants fan.....not really but no way that happens

I would rather sing a FA qb next year and build the offense before getting a qb especially if hoyer hits the market

NYJetsO12 and DMarsh6 like this.
  14. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Yeah ok makes sense. I must had missed where Rex is the GM.

15. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Please see tons of previous posts that complain how Woody gets too involved and uses useless consulting firms instead of calling around to the Polians and Parcells. Too bad we have Richie Rich (comic book character) and not Jerry Jones.

16. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

He's referring to all of those.

FJF likes this.
  17. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

and they are all dumb posts. ownership isn't changing, bitch all you want but it is not. i don't understand the purpose of it, if you hold woody in such low regard, why the fuck are you spending so much time and probably some money in one way or another on somehting he owns? if i don't like the guy who owns a pizza place i don't go to his pizza place. you think jerry is a better owner? be a cowboy fan.

18. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Jets need some talent. All those coaches u just named got talent on there team

19. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Hey good pizza is good pizza no matter who makes it hahaha

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  20. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Sadly most of us (loyal) fans fall in love at such a young age, way before we know or can figure out who runs the teams... and how they work... by then its too late

JetLifeLo likes this.