Jace Amaro

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by cbman13, Oct 10, 2014.

1. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

I like Amaro, but I have concern about his hands. With experience and learning the next playbook he'll obviously perform better, but still, I hold my breath when I see the ball going his way...

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The Jets have lost one game by more than 8 points. They haven't played well, but aside from the Chargers game, they haven't had much garbage time.

3. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Didn't he make a big catch on 4th down to extend a late game drive

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I actually get shocked that Geno actually throws the ball his way. Amaro has been in position to help this team move the chains on more than one occasion. Geno doesn't throw him the ball. Amaro has good hands.

5. N0samples

N0samples Guest

You guys would be less pessimistic if you followed the rest of the league.

Amaro is leading all rookies TEs in receptions and yards. Better numbers than top 10 pick Ebron who was drafted into a top offense with a top 10-ish quarterback in Stafford.

Give it time.

6. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Who cares

Ebron is an obvious bust

ASJ missed like 3 weeks due to injury

No other TE drafted are even playing

7. abyzmul

Not that I want to agree with Barcs, but it's nice to see the guy make some catches when some retards were trying to compare his catching ability to Anthony Becht. He's been a rare bright spot.

8. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

This is almost as bad as the guy calling out Mangold lolol

9. BobbyGM8000

BobbyGM8000 Active Member

I think Amaro has the potential to be a top TE in ths league. Why does Cumberland start over him?

10. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Could be a playbook issue, or he struggles with certain routes, really only the coaching staff knows and its hard to even guess at this point in the season.

11. BobbyGM8000

I think he has more a future with this team than Cumberland and Geno seems to throw to him when he is on the field. I think they should try what NE did and use 2 tight ends out there since they are short on WRs. Let Geno abuse teams in the middle of the field if he can't throw outside. Amaro and Cumberland/Sudfeld could be hard to defend. Especially with Decker and Kerley on the field. Throw CJ out there to catch too

12. OverloadBlitz

If only it was that easy, all those receivers means less help in pass pro, our OL is struggling as it is with A gap pressures and corner blitzes, I don't trust Geno with hot routes at all. Not to mention he struggles looking off defenders so more throws over the middle can result in more picks to LBers or safeties. The offense as a whole is just a complete mess right now all over.

13. BobbyGM8000

True but maybe if he has 2 big targets he will release the ball quicker? Idk. He needs to get the ball out quicker which is easier said than done but still. O line doesn't help but can't he audible? A guy like Amaro or Sudfeld should be his go to guys if there is nothing on the outside. I don't mention Cumberland because i don't like him.

14. OverloadBlitz

I rarely see him audible or even adjust OL protection, I thought he would improve this season in that aspect but I don't see it much, I really don't see Geno being in the league long if he doesn't improve drastically. What I think we should be doing is handing the ball off 30+ times a game and letting Geno work the play action or some easy high/low reads but MM always seems to completely abandon the running game at times.

15. BobbyGM8000

I agree. Not sure why they don't add in some more play action for him like they did with Sanchez, it did work. It's weird because i never see him adjust or audible. It's like he is a robot programmed for one thing only and that can mess a young QB up

16. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

AJ Fiejdjfkskfnwhatever in Houston is playing quite a bit isn't he? And ASJ dropped three balls in one game

17. abyzmul

Yeah, but we suck and shouldn't take any positives from any game, until the offseason when people stop flogging their junk.

I get that people are down on this team. There's barely anything to be happy about.

That doesn't mean there is nothing to be interested in.

Crybaby syndrome is in full effect, the analysis of football is left mostly to homers and impartial minds.

pclfan likes this.
  18. N0samples

N0samples Guest

Not sure if the barc narrative is real or a punchline

19. abyzmul

Why would you care about that comment? And also purposely misspell what I had typed?

And how are your cats doing?

20. 74

74 Well-Known Member

yea... guilty