Grade the Jets 2014 Draft

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by irishwhip03, May 10, 2014.

?

Grade the Jets 2014 Draft

1. A

23.7%
  2. B

39.2%
  3. C

15.5%
  4. D

13.4%
  5. F

8.2%
  1. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Walterfootball might be respected in some circles..but everytime I read Jets news on that site , even when he gives the Jets credit he bashes them. Sorta like Rotoworld. He doesnt factor in roles or competitions. He looks at his rankings and if it doesnt measure up he gives a bad grade. Simple as that.

Not to mention he has the Jets at #1 in next years draft. Id bet my life savings to win $10 , that they will not be picking 1st.

Its just Jets hate on that site.

2. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Don't bite into what that clown Walter says(Charlite Campbell is actually pretty good though). He gave the Chris Johnson signing a D yet gave Maurice Jones Drew an A+ for Oakland because MJD has more mileage left in him and is a better teammate/locker room guy lol. MJD actually chased off more coaches than Johnson if you want to get technical about that dumb analogy.

And his bias against Vick is unreadable. Doesn't give him the decency to call him by his name. I get what he did was terrible and awful but put aside your bias and ego and at least put the guy's name down for goodness sakes.

Every good pick and every pick he had he had to throw in a cheap shot. He's just a terrible football guy. His NFL predictions are as vanilla and terrible as well. "1 year deals always and will always work" "He's going to a winning environment, instant success". He spoke highly of Decker when he was a FA by saying he made Orton and Tebow look very good, not just Peyton Manning. He signs with the Jets and he's now magically a product of Peyton Manning lol.

He has the Jets picking 1st in 2015....his reasoning "Added locker room cancers in Johnson and QBDK(QuarterbackDogKiller if you didn't know) that will kill coach Rex Ryan. The Texans who many felt would contend for a Super Bowl got the 1st overall pick, why can't the Jets?" With that logic, I can safely say the Seahawks can get the 1st overall pick. Why? Fuck winning the Super Bowl man, new season, new year, everyone's 0-0!....ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!

Charlie Campbell is actually pretty good. Zero bias in his evaluations, brings up long explained stat heavy explanations. Shame Walter has to tarnish the site with his crap but I guess he's much more active and serves as the troll of the website to shamefully get the web hits.

3. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

No Walter isn't and I have followed the site for a while now. Its more of him being a troll for web hits at this point. He constantly believes the good will always get better than the bad teams never ever get better. His Revis explanation he honestly enjoyed the misery of the Jet fans, I think that's an indication of his agenda.

Charlie Campbell is very good but he isn't as active as Walter. Walter cares about web hits and has gotten his ego inflated with the activity of his website. Its why he has not limited himself to just NFL stuff as he does plenty of sports.

He knows he can rile up the Jet fanbase which is why he continues to in his agenda.

4. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

Walter is a Jets hater; and not very knowledgable. His rationale for projecting the Jets as having the worst
    record in the NFL this upcoming season is that we brought in Vick, and that's going to kill our
    locker room. Then how exactly did the Eagles make the playoffs last year; and win their division, with
    Vick in their locker room?

5. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Grading a draft before a single game has been played is like a teacher grading your test before you take it based solely on your homework leading up to the test, and yet people actually think they are behaving reasonably by doing so.

I understand the tv and media personalities who make a living selling dopes on the idea that they have some expertise that they should get paid for, but the rest of us who aren't making money off of such should be able to identify the ridiculousness of the endeavor.

Or does everyone really need to pass themselves off as experts about stuff they not only aren't experts in but don't even have the required information to formulate a reasonable position on?

abyzmul and NotSatoshiNakamoto like this.
  6. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

An interesting positional breakdown
    [​IMG]

Sent from my wey aye phone using Tapatalk - now Free

7. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

They really should separate the CBs from the safeties when they do these kind of breakdowns. They don't lump WRs together w/ TEs.

gustoonarmy likes this.
  8. gustoonarmy

The whole draft is just ridiculous and now turned into a circus with so called experts calling out teams for drafting this player or that player, armchair GMs.
    I stopped watching NFL network about 2 weeks ago as the speculation was just too much, not a fan.

Over & Out, hornblower and Br4d like this.
  9. gustoonarmy

Yeah , you're right. At this time I don't know how many SS/FS were drafted, but would imagine its around the same or less than TEs , 10.

10. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I enjoy the draft. I want to know who my team picks and then learn about them in hopeful anticipation that he will be what they expect him to be, and in turn the team will improve. The fact that they have been able to turn it into entertaining television is a bonus.

I don't know shit about whether any of them will be NFL stars or not. I watch every UCLA football game, and think Shaq Evans was a decent receiver in college, but I don't know enough about him to grade him as a pick. I didn't interview him, I don't know what type of mentality and work ethic he has, and I didn't run him through drills. those are equally as important factors as having watched him catch a few balls a game.

Spike_D likes this.
  11. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

There's definitely more Safeties than TE's drafted, there were 4 safeties drafted just in the first round, and only 1 TE.

12. gustoonarmy

I'm not saying that the entire combine etc is a complete waste of time, but these analysts just go too far with it.
    I enjoy the draft itself and the post draft even more, for the reasons you've said. But its in overkill

13. Barcs

Barcs Banned

WTF! That guy must have an agenda against the Jets. We go from 8-8 to picking #1 overall in 2015 with a much improved team at WR and RB. What an ass. ESPN and others gave the Jets an A. This guy is a joke.

14. Last year's draft seemed to be purely BPA at every single spot regardless of position.

This year was alittle different. Seems like Idzik put much more emphasis on creating competition/depth & finding guys who fit the Jet profile.This kind of goes along w/ what he did in FA as well. Keep adding pieces who fit the mantra & let the cream rise.

I'm not gonna put a grade on the draft. I also think this "value" stuff is bogus. As deep as this draft was..it also had alot of risk in it. Alot of underclassmen w/ very limited bodies of work. All teams are gonna evaluate those types differently..hence making big board "value" extremely sporadic.

Jets seemed to go about this correctly.Trust your staff's grade on the player as they project to YOUR system.

I would've liked to have seen that stud #1 WR prospect added but the only guy at #18 worth taking was Cooks.Frankly, I'm a big fan of Saunders...who may end up being the same kind of player that Cooks is anyway. I don't buy into Bruce Ellington...I think Saunders is far tougher & much more dynamic.

15. I love the draft more than the super bowl..including all the events leading up to it..but I agree with you.The media has completely ruined what the draft once was. Everything is about speculation,opinions & hot air. Do we really need a new mock draft every single day??

I liked it better when the general public cared about who went #1 overall, who their team picked & not much else.

Now..everybody thinks they're an expert & thinks they know "value". It's pitiful

hornblower likes this.
  16. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

C - at best. Itsy bitsy WRs is not a good way to go about it. Follow the yellow brick road, follow the yellow brick road............

17. Chadchrebet

Chadchrebet Well-Known Member

Still wanting to bet your life savings on this?

18. irishwhip03

Yes.

Care to take the bet?

19. irishwhip03

And if in 2 weeks were 1-6 I'd still bet that we wont be picking number 1.

20. Chadchrebet

Chadchrebet Well-Known Member

Yes I'll take your life savings for $10, unless you're a broke ass.