Jace Amaro

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by cbman13, Oct 10, 2014.

1. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

Why isn't he getting more plays? We drafted him to be a playmaker....what do we have to lose? He should be out there more than Cumberland

2. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Marty underuses his tight ends. Which is a mistake on a team that can't execute the long pass. Esp Cumberland who is their best tight end. Amaro has shown at times he can separate and catch a ball but his stats are very minuscule. And he's often on the field. So far he's been a disappointment.

3. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

He's a rookie. Its early in the season. Im sure by the end of the season we will see a better Amaro. I think people had a little too high of expectations ofr him early. I think hes got the stuff to be a good player for us in the future though.

4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Misinformed statement followed by an opinion based off a misinformed statement.

Jonathan_Vilma and b.reyes16 like this.
  5. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I think he has a real future in the NFL.

TE's rarely put up ridiculous numbers in their rookie year.

Axel3419 likes this.
  6. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

He has seen more action the last couple of games as opposed to the start of the season. Once he gets a better grasp on the playbook I think we will start to see him involved more than Cumberland.

7. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Coming out of training camp what we heard from the press was that he wasn't picking up the offense and was a slow learner. He's made a couple of good catches so far and he's on the field but not a contributor. We'll see but so far he's not been impressive which doesn't mean he won't be.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

What we heard from the press about actual football on the practice field is about as reliable as a civil engineer giving a critique at an art opening.

9. BroadwayAaron

For starters, I thought it was pretty well-known the day we drafted him that he was going to need time to adjust considering how different the offenses are between Texas Tech and here. Second, he hasn't seen the field anywhere near as much as Cumberland, in fact I think it's been a pretty steady 50% of what Cumberland sees. He's going to be just fine.

10. APK 8

APK 8 Well-Known Member

Considering he has a QB that isn't getting anybody the ball consistently, how can we even begin to interpret his stats? If Amaro had a good QB throwing passes, I have no doubt his numbers would look better.

11. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I hope you're right. But Cumberland is the starter and to me a good player. And a guy Idzik smartly re-signed in the off season. I don't know number of plays I guess we can look it up but Amaro is the number 2 tight end and is on the field a lot. So far his production disappointing.

#11 pclfan, Oct 10, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  12. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...perience=0&tabSeq=1&qualified=false&Submit=Go

he's been the most productive rookie TE in the league so far, oddly enough.

His lack of production is really only relative to most WR's or established TE's, for a man of his position he's on pace for a solid rookie season believe it or not. Thats just how rookie TE's roll.

If his pace were to continue he'd get something like 45 rec's and 461 yds. thats not bad, thats in good company.

13. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Based on what exactly? He hasn't done much to show any real future yet. Lets see how he progresses throughout the year...

14. jcass10

Well out of all the rookie TE's he's playing the best, and he probably has the worst QB throwing him the ball.

15. BroadwayAaron

I saw this on Twitter earlier in the week and have no idea how I could even find it, but I think PFF graded Amaro higher in run-blocking than Cumberland. Also graded higher in catching the ball. He's been better than Cumberland in every way and more productive in less snaps.

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

is it me or does he seem to make his plays in garbage time? not trying to be overly negative so brush me back if I am wrong but I don't remember him making a play yet of real impact.

17. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Good point in all fairness he's made some good non garbage time catches. Plus Cumberland has not been effective at all so far this season. Didn't Amaro have 5 catches in one game for about 60 yards but most in garbage time. Love to see Amaro take it up a few steps. Esp since our receivers without Decker are below average. Didn't they say Amaro was more a receiver than a tight end. As for his blocking hard to grade. I know he said himself he has to improve.

18. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

This fukker is big and ugly, he needs more Steve Smith Sr. in him.

19. jcass10

How many "garbage time" catches could he have had?

Jets have 1 win and 3 losses by a score. How much garbage time has there been so far this season?

If he got all his yards in the second half against SD, thats one thing (I didnt watch that game, so I dont know), but I dont think there has been much garbage time so far this season.

20. Turbocharged23

Turbocharged23 Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree more. Cumberland is below average, should not be getting more reps than Jace and cannot block. Amaro is leading rookie tight ends despite not playing more than 25 percent of snaps, and is much more efficient on his targets.

I'd prefer to see them promote Pantale who would be a good blocker, cut one of the 8 or so WRs we have and put Sudfeld on the practice squad. It would be a huge boost to our run and pass game