This Patriots team is not good

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by BigGreenUgly, Sep 29, 2014.

1. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

Exactly. To be fair, he can only take away a rival's 1st round draft pick every few years without it looking suspicious.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Don't forget that half milly he took from mumbles. That probably hindered his ability to fuck other mens' wives as much.

3. New England Patriots

He has a secret deal with Kraft. I'm sure he owns 25% of the Patriots by now.

4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

No, consistency was what I said was the determining factor, it was the very first sentence in my post. I used winning with consistency as the most basic example but also mentioned playing well consistently.

That doesn't mean having a losing streak means you aren't a good team. Good teams can have bad points in a season but when you look at the season overall you will see consistency in playing well.

The Pats have been extremely inconsistent this season and only a complete dumbfuck would point to the good games as proof of the teams overall ability and ignore the bad games as if they are irrelevant. You can do so at the end of the season with a 10-6 record when you have significantly more wins than losses but at 3-2 the inconsistency is clear. Add to that they played like shit even in one of the wins against Raiders and it only further proves my point that we are talking about playing consistently not winning consistently.

5. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Just goes to show how bad Cincinnati really is. They will never win in the post season with dalton. He's not a big game player. He wins a lot of shitty games and steals one from the ravens and steelers.

The bengals will never win a championship with dalton.

6. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Really classy move by the pats donating money to that sick bengals players daughter. I'm sure that decision was made for all the right reasons. It's was nice gesture and great exposure on prime time football.

Is Thursday night football going to be a new thing for Jets-Pats?

GoPats likes this.
  7. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Even if it was a PR move, it was a damn good one!

As far as Thursday night, I hope not. I don't like any Thursday night games in the first place. Why don't they make it Friday night football. I could get drunk, watch the whole game, and sleep in on Saturday! Oh yeah, it would also be a little longer week to prepare football-wise.

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Fixed for accuracy.

9. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

That was definitely a cool moment. They whiff on a lot of off-the-field things but that one they nailed.

10. felker

felker Active Member

That's fair criticism. Sorry about that.

This week I thought the O-line really looked pretty shitty again. I don't know how much is the result of losing Dante vs. losing Mankins. While Dante isn't a coach, he is hanging around the team a bit.

Last year I saw some games where it wasn't that great either. One of the Jets games I remember them getting pushed around pretty good until Mankins read them the riot act on the sidelines which got them to clean up their act.

That unit is really suspect especially depth-wise although I think the rookies have played ok - for rookies. I kind of like Stork - who was out this week.

Anyway this team is a work in progress with some areas of improvement and one big regression. If they can patch up the O-line it could end up being a very good team. Otherwise it's going to be tough in the playoffs. Maybe even one and done.

Thursday's game will be an interesting test of the O-line as it's the strength of the Jets.

11. felker

felker Active Member

Counting time as DC he has 5 rings. Including one where he beat Levy.

It makes me wonder if Parcells was really just his front man.

12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

The Giants beat the Bills because their offense controlled the clock and never exposed Bill's defense.

Parcells won the SB with Jeff Hostetler as his starting QB. He got there with Drew Bledsoe. He almost got there with Vinny fucking Testaverde.

All Belicheck's had to work with is Tom Brady.

nyjunc and slimjasi like this.
  13. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Parcells won w/ Phil Simms and Jeff Hostetler then made another SB w/ Drew Bledsoe. BB has had the best QB of his generation and a top 5 guy all time that he has won with and Parcells proved it w/ 4 different teams. BB was a complete failure w/ 2 different teams before Brady rescued his career.

14. New England Patriots

1) The BP super bowls were all with BB defenses. In fact, Parcells didn't win a super bowl without BB.
    2) What is the second team that BB failed with? The first made the playoffs one of the years he was there. Are you counting his time with the Jets? Exaggerating to "make" a point?
    3) How did Parcells do with Dallas? I'm not arguing that Belichick is better than Parcells and I know better than to fight with you because you've never been wrong, but there is no doubt that Parcells was helped by having BB as his coordinator.

15. nyjunc

so what? congrats to BB for being able to coach a D w/ Lawrence Taylor and company. what a genius!

BB failed in Cleveland and NE pre Brady.

Parcells took over a team that was 5-11 in Dallas for 3 straight years and led them to a div title.

of course Parcells was helped by having BB as his DC, who said otherwise? this is about them as HC's, Parcells won a SB w/ a backup QB, BB was a complete failure w/o one of the greatest QBs of all time.

no need to deflect w/ the silly comment about me, if you don't have an argument just move on rather than posting nonsense.

By the way, BB has never won a SB w/o BP's old staffs.

Dierking likes this.
  16. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

BB never won a SB without Eric Mangini.

slimjasi likes this.
  17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I really, really hope Belicheck doesn't retire with Brady and decides to stick around a few years after. I can't wait for his "legacy" to get smeared in the mud when he tries to win without one of the greatest QBs of all time. Having Tom Brady has provided this guy with a hell of a safety net for some terrible decision making both in-game and in player personnel over the last 10 years and he definitely wouldn't have a SB without him.

18. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Can we lock/delete this thread now?!

19. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Not gonna debate this Brady or Belichik thing because I don't really care. Whichever one stirs the drink is fine with me, so long as the team is in the hunt for the SB every year.

I do find it amusing that many here who wouldn't give props to Brady pre-2007 (and 2008 for that matter) because he was a system QB and any half decent QB could come in and be successful in it.

Now it's Brady carried the coach and his system all these years....

I'm pretty sure that it's some combination of both.

20. nyjunc

I have been giving Brady credit for over a decade.

I think BB has developed into a really good HC, an opportunity he doesn't have if Brady doesn't save his career but he's never done anything w/o him other than one quick playoff app in 1994.