Fire John Idzik

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GoldenShowers, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

If Woody does that a 2nd time I'd kill him, no way he could possibly be that stupid. Might as well change the name of the team to the New York Rex Ryan's. If he did we'll never get another competent GM as long as he owned the team.

2. barkus

barkus Well-Known Member

Cmon, let's be real here. Idzik will not be fired. He has to at least be able to hire his own HC. Rex absolutely should be fired. He has had 3OCs, 2 GMs, 2 young QBs, multiple first round picks on defense. His time is up!

3. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I heard Laurie Rubinson on the FAN late last night and she seems to put more of the blame on Idzik than Rex. She mentioned Idzik not getting enough NFL caliber receivers on the roster but didn't he sign the top FA receiver (who was injured) and draft a few guys (who didn't make the team). btw if Idzik were trying to make Rex only play his draft picks than why did they cut so many guys. And she mentioned the CB position and not drafting someone (I guess in the 1st round). He did draft a CB last year with his first pick plus this year he drafted a safety. Don't you think he consulted with Rex before making those picks esp Pryor. Isn't Pryor a Laron Landry type of big hitter and Rex's type of player. And he drafted McDougald with the team's 3rd pick (out for the season). Plus signed Patterson a vet CB and not a bad player when not injured. It's not like no preparation was made for those positions. As for not spending the $20 mil isn't that the money they're keeping to re-sign their top players like Wilkerson, etc. To me yesterday like a lot of other teams they were playing guys off the street due to injuries. Basically one, Graham the Wr they signed during the week. The number one problem yesterday was the OL. That's where he should have spent some of that money.

4. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

It's an urban legend that Johnson is perceived as being too impatient. Tanny was with the team for 14 years. Bradway is still on the team. Edwards only left because he wanted to go to KC. Even Groh left on his own. Schotty was here for six seasons. This is Ryan's sixth season. The only key people in the organization who left on a short time frame were Mangini and Sparano.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Exactly,we always give guys 5 years to prove themselves around here when its obvious they should have been cut or fired along time ago.I had hope for Rex but I have no faith in him anymore

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

NFL's always been a "What have you done for me lately" sort of ordeal which is why those past regimes won't be considered by new candidates even though you're right that Woody has always been extremely loyal to the people he brings in. Firing Idzik in 2 years does not look good for interested GM candidates and we'll be stuck by getting the bottom of the barrel for GMs, again.

7. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Why not? Anyone at any job can get fired after 2 years if they are not good at what they are doing.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Gotta give Legler credit, plenty of clutch gifs.

9. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

I doubt it too. Let's hope he's learned from this circus of the last 3 years.

10. Kokolis

Kokolis New Member

If I could
    If I could like this 300 times over I would. This fan base comes to stupid conclusions SO FAST! This team is in massive trouble of Rex goes. I cannot even fathom how hopeless we would be then....

SouthBayJetsfan4life likes this.
  11. Kokolis

Kokolis New Member

The team MANGINI built???????? If this isn't proof the fan base doesn't know what's going on I don't know what is. Tannenbaum built that team! We get rid of him, hire Idzik, and the team is shit. See the parallels?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. BobbyGM8000

BobbyGM8000 Active Member

Did she mention that the offensive line couldnt block a baby? What a joke

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

And Ivory ran for 800 yards and 2 TDs last year, appearing in 15 games. So how is this a plus in Idzik's resume?

14. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

If you can't see Ivory's ability, you may not be qualified to judge NFL talent. Moreover, if you can't realize that it takes more than a GM to make the best RB actually become the starter (read: Morningwheg), then you may not be in a position to judge our GM.

Ivory was absolutely, 100% worth a 4th round pick. It doesn't mean that Idzik is a great GM or even a good one, but trading for Ivory was a move that has definitely worked out.

15. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Idzik is getting killed by the media today more than Rex is. One thing they're right about is that he should address the media in one way or another and basically be available to them. IMO Rex has something to do with this (having the media on his side), it's his way of saying one thing but getting others to fight his battles. I think the game yesterday is on the players and coaching staff. It was a poorly coached game the players weren't up to competing. I don't agree that he doesn't have the players to compete. And they're making too big a deal over the unspent cap money. You don't spend it all in one year if you have good unsigned players who can soon be free agents. Can you imagine what would happen if he let Wilkerson walk. All teams have to deal with significant injuries and the Jets have them at CB and at Wr. You would expect the coaching staff to do a better job working with the players they have who are healthy.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Idzik needs to take the fall along with everyone else, and be fired.

He balked on being competitive in 2014. It was a terrible miscalculation which hurt the coaches, hurt the development of his own hand picked QB, set back his own rebuilding effort, and absolutely enraged this fanbase.
    you don't walk away from that unscathed imo..

He hasn't earned the right for new coaches or a second chance at the QB position..
    Ironically enough, the only thing that could save his job are real positive signs that his rebuilding effort is making progress. That would depend on the coaches keeping this team together and battling, as well as tremendous steps forward for Geno.......the same guys he left hanging in the wind..

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

prospective GM's would be lined up for the chance at the job.
    There are only 32 of these jobs, this one is in NY, there is well over 20M in free cap space to play with, and the owner is willing to spend and let you have full reign..
    There's no QB, but if there was, there would be no GM opening..
    this is as good as a GM opportunity gets..

18. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

Numbers don't lie. Yes, Ivory has flashed "potential" his entire career. But which season has borne that out? How well has he really worked out for us? I just don't know how you can assess that without looking at statistics. And his aren't that great. Despite his highlight punishing runs and very cool dreadlocks.

19. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Wilkerson walking w/o appropriate compensation would be a fireable offense, but I don't see ensuring the ability to resign Wilkerson, Harrison and/or Kerley as worthy of sacrificing a season.

NYJetsO12 and IBLEEDGREEN17 like this.
  20. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I agree, and there's nothing to establish that it was even close to necessary to do so.

NYJetsO12 likes this.