Geno Smith missed team meeting before benching

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RubenDias, Oct 6, 2014.

1. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

He showed up at 8 PM. The same time the Saturday night meeting always is. Apparently Rex had it at 5 PM because he " kept the team on EDT"? Yet everyone knew this but Geno. My take-away here is that both Geno and Rex are retarded.

I mean, honestly, WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON???????????????

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Well, given that Geno will start on Sunday again at MetLife, the repercussions for missing that meeting aren't as severe as perhaps they should be. Kinda feeds back into that accountability argument we've had over the last 6 years. Rex taking the blame makes a great soundbite, but everyone knows it was the entire 53 man roster except Ryan Quigley. He was one of a painfully few Jets that actually showed up to play.

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

comical reading your childish post calling my post childish. whiny fans like you and most of our fanbase want to get rid of players and coaches too soon. we had a QB we knew we could win big w/ if we surrounded him w/ talent but you guys wanted him gone, you got your wish and now our QB is much worse and we are looking for another QB b/c of it.

4. The Curse of Joe Namath

The Jets and this Soap Opera bullshit every year. This shit is tired, fucking incompetent ass organization

Murrell2878 likes this.
  5. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Rex had em show up to the game on eastern time zone as well eh 4 PM and they showed up at 7

6. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Will garner more attention then deserved but still can't happen. But he did catch up with off. coordinator Marty and QB coach Lee but they should have benched him from the start yesterday to show a message. Vick wasn't going to make that work, regardless of reps.

7. BakerMaker

Folk did a nice job on kickoffs(Or his 1 kickoff lol), nothing he could do when the team is barely struggling to get to midfield.

The special teams minus Hakim's forcing to take the kickoff out of the endzone to start something has been solid this year for the most part. Punt returning still doesn't impress anyone but its been the best of the 3 groups for the Jets.

8. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

I'm as big Rex homer as they come. And I'll be very plain about this SD trip:
    THIS IS ON REX!

I can take Jets being vastly inferior to SD, I understand that this is a building in progress, shit will happen.
    Players, including your starting QB, (the leader of your fucking team, presumably) missing team meeting?! Are you fucking kidding me???
    And the punishment for this is .... None??

Here's the deal: it's ok to loose because your talent is not there. It's ok to loose because your opponent is just THAT good. It's ok to loose because of weather, or shitty refs.
    It's NOT ok to loose because you are not disciplined, because there is no effort and no accountability. And that is on coaches!

From here and on I'll be ok with whatever happens to Rex.
    If you can't get your team to play, you're not a good coach. Period.

rohirrim665 likes this.
  9. nyjunc

I like the new PR, he has looked good. Hakim has looked atrocious on KRs.

10. BakerMaker

I meant more with Saunders factoring into the equation with his botch punt return vs CHI too but I also like what Powell has done. He hasn't been given too much room to run.

11. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Bah, so what would have happened yesterday if he actually made the meeting, the Jets lose by four touchdowns instead of four and a half?

12. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

One moment he's progressing the next he is regressing, I can't keep up. Geno looks like the same player to me.

13. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I heard it wasn't just Geno, that he went to the movies with a few teammates as well.

Not excusing it but apparently the meeting invite instructions were not as clear as they could have been?

There has to be someone on the staff that's reminding these guys "the meeting is at 5:00 eastern or 8:00 eastern or 5:00 west coast or 8:00 west coast time."

_

14. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I don't think he missed it on purpose even though you'd think just in conversation some of the other players would say something about the time of the meeting. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would pull something like that. Plus he showed up 5 minutes early (Pacific time).

15. nyjunc

it's a bad look all around- players and coaches.

16. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

You are claiming that you are one of the few Jet fans that get it and the rest of us are whining. Junc....please.....go back to defending Herm Edwards....that's when you were at "your" best.

Your claim to fame is defending Herm Edwards and Mark Sanchez while belittling Payton Manning. How can anyone have a discussion with you.

17. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

The outcome of the Chargers game probably wasn't impacted by Smith's missing the meeting. In fact, the outcome was preordained in the offseason. All of us on the board has been talking about this stretch since the schedule's come out. It is what we thought it was -- the toughest 5 game stretch of any team this year. (In fact, given Buffalo's ability to win close games, it might be the toughest 6 game stretch.) And it sucks. Oh, well.

In any event, Smith missing a meeting isn't worth noting. It appears that there was a miscommunication here between mgmt and a new employee -- an "oops" moment. Oh, well. Still amped for the 2015 season.

I'll admit that I really wanted the Jets to grab a punter this offseason. However, their decision to keep Quigley was, indisputably, their best offseason move or non-move. Despite his performance last season, this kid has really improved his distance and positioning. His kicks are never shanked, have good distance and hang time -- a really tough thing to do.

18. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

Dee Milliner had a good game too imo

19. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

I know. I winced when I heard that[/quote]

When that came out of his mouth...I actually felt bad for him...the truth..felt bad for him. I mean...Rex has gotten under my skin at times...but he has been dealt some real tough blows from those above him but has stayed as loyal as you can can be.

Like BB in New England..and all the other great coaches...you are pretty much as good as your qb is...unless you have a lights out defense ala Seattle. BB would be a distant memory had Mo Lewis not killed Bledsoe...end of story.

20. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

That punter from bama is worth a 5th