Geno Smith missed team meeting before benching

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RubenDias, Oct 6, 2014.

1. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Agreed. And I'm not saying just give him a pass for it. But his problems and the teams problems go a little further then team meetings.

If the team didn't already lose total confidence in him then yesterday's game probably did it.

2. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

What bothers me is that the jets even took a chance on this guy, did their scouting department not see what everyone else saw and hence his reason for falling out of favor as a top draft pick?

And the fact that he still can't work from under center is appalling, seriously what qb at this level is limited because he is not comfortable playing the qb position from under center?

Who even takes a qb that is limited to that extent?

I know they are not the most talented at the wr position, but some of his limitations as a qb have nothing to do with the wr on the field.

Jmo

inri2000 likes this.
  3. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Hahaha. Can't help but laugh, looking forward to cleaning house.

TNJet likes this.
  4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

what bothers me is we had a QB, a guy who will be the hottest FA QB this offseason and we decided to draft Geno.

Murrell2878 and legler82 like this.
  5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

and that's butthurt sanchez post #2098048498 from Junc.

6. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

I really do not think it distracts at all. In fact, if this had happened and been buried by the team, we could concentrate on how bad the receivers are...how bad the defense dbs are. Instead, we can concentrate on all of the above plus the fact our QB...who was killed in the press all week...missed the PREGAME MEETING THE NIGHT BEFORE THE GAME.

How does that happen? Can anyone point to a QB...A QB...that has missed the meeting the night before of the game plan for the biggest game of the year? Has that ever happened. Some will say "well...they knew the game plan all week long". Not the point...Geno missed the total team get together the night before.

After blaming the crap out of Geno..which should take no more then a few minutes...lets settle back and wonder what exactly is going on with this franchise that a QB could miss the team meeting. Can you imagine..the front 7 of the defense who HAD been working their asses off to cover for all of his mistakes all year. Can you imagine teammates like Decker who went to bat for him this week.

When Adams made that pick and a few plays later Johnson fumbled, that was it. The defense had enough. I should say the front 7 had enough. It was over. 90 degree heat...they packed it in. As soon as the game ended...the coach rewarded the missed meeting announcing that Geno was the starter next week...that's exactly what all the guys on team wanted to hear.

Rex didn't even make the guy sweat. Its time to clean house guys. Starting with the piece of crap GM Idzik who was responsible for the worst draft I can ever remember. I remember having an argument with a poster about Idzik before the first game of the season and he kept harping on Richardson. He then kept going on with rebuilding...we are rebuilding...what a bunch of bullshit.

DBs take several years to develop.
    You have no QB
    The offensive line that is so celebrated is going to be too old by the time this team rebuilds even if every move they make is dead on.

This team is done...you cant survive back to back drafts without getting one receiver who is even decent. One DB who is solid (Keep smoking the Milliner pipe) no offensive linemen. No QB. No running backs. No linebackers. A team cant have 2 drafts like that..its impossible.

Even if Milliner ends up being good..you have 2 drafts where Idzik scored ok in the first two rounds...and when your franchise qb is a second round pick and he sucks?

But we have 20 million dollars in the cap bank...as we heard on t.v. yesterday and have listened to all year on this site..that money is to tie up all the great young talent we have. You know...Wilkerson and Richardson...and....umm...Wilkerson.

IBLEEDGREEN17 likes this.
  7. jaywayne12

Yeah...because he was so on fire in preseason...the same preseason that when Matt Simms tore up the competition, he did it against back ups and was rewarded with the label 3rd string.

But Sanchez does it and he will be burning down the house this off season. Give it up Junc.

8. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Geno needs to sit fir his own good

9. nyjunc

you show how little you know when you compare what he did to what Matt Simms did.

10. nyjunc

I want to win, you don't. fans like you and the majority of Jet fans deserve this mess. I do not.

11. Endlessly Counting

Someone was going to draft him. Its not that they took him, its that this regime doesn't know how to develop a qb. What the jets need is a proven commodity at QB, and not try to elevate question mark rookies to franchise QB status

#31 Endlessly Counting, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  12. jaywayne12

Was there any interest in Sanchez...ANY interest in him after last year until he did what he did in preseason. Where was the hot commodity last off season junc. Don't throw out your stupid immature responses.

Please name the teams that were interested in Sanchez after last year.

fill them in here:

13. jaywayne12

more childish responses. Your such a tool junc. What a stupid childish statement. You are over 18 by now no?

TNJet likes this.
  14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

This team doesn't provide foundation for the young QB. Taking Projects in the 2nd round (From Vlad to Hill to Smith). Constantly whiffing on picks, and not using that money to help develop your young QB that's when you fail as an organization. 2013 draft was an excellent opportunity to provide a foundation for the QB. 2014 we should have gotten a QB. I would easily take Bridgewater or Carr over Geno Smith / Mark Sanchez (to me it's not even close).

Jets are known for their shitty timing. Rex, Idzik, the scouting department just clean house. This is embarrassing. Rex saying he's never gotten his ass kicked the way he did yesterday. This happens at least once a season.

15. jaywayne12

Its amazing how many times Rex has said that. Hey..the Pats have gotten their clock cleaned. It happens..but the coach saying 3 or 4 times a year..no team has ever passed against us like that..no team has ever run the ball like that...no team has ever beaten us by that many...no team has ever had 3rd down success. He just doesn't think.

Its tough to blame Geno except deep down..just not buying it but you are correct. The receivers we have put around him? Its a joke..and its time to clean house...and because of that the Jets will beat the Broncos and the Pats..because that's what we do. The Jets just bleed their fan base slowly to death. Things happens like 2 game winning streaks at the end of seasons that saves jobs...makes GMS look better then they are. It takes this team 2 years longer then any other team to realize how f'ed up things are.

TNJet and Endlessly Counting like this.
  16. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

We have a guy running our offense who according to espn got messed up by the time zone... can't manage a 3 hour time difference... yet we expect him to lead an NFL team HA

17. Jetsfansince95

Not to mention your phone will automatically do it for ya... yet he still managed to mess it up lol

18. Jetsfansince95

Sadly it looked like he still showed up 3 hours after the game started

BrowningNagle likes this.
  19. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

The time zone excuse makes no sense: 12 pm meeting in east coast time would be 3pm east coast time. Logically his reasoning makes no sense.

20. Endlessly Counting

[quote="jaywayne12, post: 3084965, member: 1950"]Its amazing how many times Rex has said that. Hey..the Pats have gotten their clock cleaned. It happens..but the coach saying 3 or 4 times a year..no team has ever passed against us like that..no team has ever run the ball like that...no team has ever beaten us by that many...no team has ever had 3rd down success. He just doesn't think.

Its tough to blame Geno except deep down..just not buying it but you are correct. The receivers we have put around him? Its a joke..and its time to clean house...and because of that the Jets will beat the Broncos and the Pats..because that's what we do. The Jets just bleed their fan base slowly to death. Things happens like 2 game winning streaks at the end of seasons that saves jobs...makes GMS look better then they are. It takes this team 2 years longer then any other team to realize how f'ed up things are.[/quote]

I know. I winced when I heard that