The lack of patience is astounding

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Martin&theJETS, Oct 1, 2014.

1. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

I watch football. The dline is getting held every game. We hold too, but it's not even. The Green Bay game was a joke.

The jets are losing but it's not like they are getting killed. I understand what "cap hell" did to this team. I think we over exceeded expectations last season winning against some easier opponents and take a couple from good teams like saints and New England. This season the schedule has been against all playoff contenders, save Oakland.

The Jets are still in rebuild phase, and the fans will demand another rebuild far too early.

2. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Way over exceeded, everything had their expectations too high and talked themselves into thinking we were an above average team. We were if everything broke right this year, which it hasn't so far

3. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

"getting recked" is a product of the defensive line... not the defense. despite having by FAR the best pass rush in the league (#1 in sacks, pressures and knockdowns) we are still allowing 24 points a game and allowing QBs to have huge days (rogers 300 yards 3 TDS, stafford 290 3 TDS, cutler 225 yard 2 TDs). hell even carr had 2 touchdowns and no picks.

Combined, the 4 quarterbacks who played us have combined for:

4 games
    969 Yards
    64.1 Comp%
    9 Touchdowns
    0 Interceptions

QB Rating: 101.8

To say we have held quarterbacks in check is completely inaccurate and riddiculous notion. QBs have absolutely torched us. We have basically been making QBs look like a Prime Dan Marino. Also, the fact that we lead the league in QB pressures, yet have ZERO interceptions is a testament to how horrible our secondary is.

#103 jerseyjay14, Oct 4, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
    NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. BobbyGM8000

BobbyGM8000 Active Member

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Man, if that's the definition of wrecking the other team's QB's, we're in for a long, long season even after we clear murderer's row.

6. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

The d is good, the secondary is young and playing some of the best passing attackers in the league. They are holding their own, few big plays, no interceptions but it's not like we have some kind of vet secondary (there have been a few dropped picks and one that Harris had on Rodgers that got negated bc the ref saw a player leaving the field on the white chalk, good catch ref, it was the Jets make sure you get that call). This is where I understand rebuilding and remember "cap hell" better than you do. Sure, it's a "win now league" but if you understand where we were two years ago and where we have come and who we have faced along the way, than to me, it really doesn't look as bad as everyone is making it out. This is a young football team with glaring needs on the aging oline and broken receiving corps. Also, the fact that not a single offensive holding call had been made in any of the bears, lions or packers game is a fucking joke; not one, maybe one haha

I think the team has looked pretty good and actually performing above level of my expectation many times. Obviously, I want to see the d create more turnovers and I think our offensive coordinator cost us a game in Green Bay bc of terrible game management. Marty fucking hurts sometimes bc he will call a quarter great and the rest of the game you scratch your head. I think he is coaching Geno to run less too which I think is a mistake.

Regardless, I don't think the team is as bad as you do. I do think it's a young fragile team and that they may be losing confidence now, Geno lost his cool last week which is unchracteristic of what I have seen since he has been here, not good.

We should blow it up again though, bc that's what you should do every 2 years (new qb, new oc, new coach, new GM) lol (sarcasm).

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

For Eli Manning it was about 64... For Jim Plunkett it was about a hundred on 3 different teams. For Terry Bradshaw it was about 60 but the team was so good they won a Super Bowl anyway. Then he got replaced by Gilliam in 1974 because despite winning a Super Bowl the Steelers still thought he sucked. Then Gilliam fouled out and Bradshaw went to the Hall of Fame.

Obviously all of those guys were #1 picks and so the investment level was much higher in them. If we're still watching Geno stumble around at the end of the season something is wrong. If he plays well and the Jets win some then we're ok but we're 3-1 right now if Geno has his act together and he really doesn't at this point.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. Br4d

Henne is a good comp because he was a mid-2nd rounder. The other guys were all 1sts and nobody gives up on a 1st round pick after a season and very few teams after a season and a half.

9. Br4d

Where did those guys get picked?

The QB's available on the 4 in 2006 were MattLeinart and Jay Cutler, a total flop and a guy who is 58-50 after 108 starts with the Broncos and the Bears.

Ryan didn't get down to the Gholston pick in 2008.

2-14 got the Colts Luck. The Falcons had a "better" 4-12 than we did in 2008.

10. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

Our defensive line gets held on every stinking play! It's terrible too, because the stats and results could be so much better. I watch every game, and love our D-line. I'm not being a biased fan at all, and watching our only true strength get screwed really ticks me off! Even my son, who just started watching the Jets every Sunday can see it. I have noticed on passing downs that's when we get screwed the most. I DVR each game, and have hit the rewind button on many occasions just to see who got held and how it happened. Maybe tomorrow our team will get our just due. If so, Rivers may have a long day. I hope his jersey is nasty, and he spends most of his day on his back! Go Jets! Turn this season around!!!

11. Br4d

Last year the Pats and Saints were automatic losses and we won both games.

I don't think there is an automatic loss to any passing team at any time in the Rex Ryan defense.

The auto-losses are all to great defenses that guarantee we will not score more than a couple of FG's tops.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. BobbyGM8000

BobbyGM8000 Active Member

Blaming the refs never works dude. There are missed calls on almost every play

13. Cman68

Brad, the argument could be made that since the league allowed the Colts to "suck for Luck", we should have taken that as a sign and perhaps manipulate our record for a higher DP the next time a "can't miss" QB prospect is coming out of college.

14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I saw Joe Namath talk about the Jets QB situation. He believes Smith has to still learn learn learn. Benching him for Vick is temporary solution . Personally I am absolutely confused ,Namath the gentleman "never met Geno" but supports him. Also Namath found out that from all his concussions he has brain cell damage possible cognitive imparement. NFL takes it toll, he was scared about all this cause Hudson and Maynard dead already.
    I am so back and forth with Geno vs Vick vs Idzik then heard this sad news

15. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

And to think that Megatron and Brandon Marshall were almost invisible due to injury, those numbers could be much, much worse...

16. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Boy oh boy U ought to read up on NYJ history as the NYJs have been "rebuilding" as U say since Jan 13 1969:mad:

17. mgjetman22

mgjetman22 Active Member

Just put the blame where it belongs. We have a strait shit QB that keeps our D on the field way too long. When you have the worst QB in the league ( 4 years in a row ) you are not going to win allot of games. Not that Vick is the answer, but he should at least hold the fort down while we draft Geno's replacement. I agree that Geno needs more time so let him sit on the bench and learn for about ten more years. With all his improvement, he should make a good # 3 QB.

18. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Problem is fans only see the bad calls that go against them or the non-calls that don't get made for them.

That's why I rarely get emotional about calls and non-calls.

_

19. Br4d

I understand the sentiment behind the post but I also think going 2-14/3-13 would be a disaster for the team and the fan base and they guy we picked would be 50/50 to bust anyway.

Can you imagine what would have happened to the Jets if they sucked in 2003 and got Eli Manning and then everybody got old/hurt in 2005? Eli would have been run out of town on a pole by 2006 and the Jets would probably still be looking for their first playoff spot since then. Getting Eli would have turned us into the Raiders over night.

20. Cman68

Careful old buddy, you're sounding like a darksider. :)