the John Idzik Thread. (All GM Discussion in Here)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Run_N_gun10, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

The just re-signed Terminator...

2. Hobbes3259

Umm..how long does a 9 overall CB continue to bite on double moves, before we stop letting Rex lobby for CBs?

3. Jesus

Jesus Active Member

Have faith my friends.

4. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Lol . Jesus help us.

5. Jesus

Jesus Active Member

I just tried, but Mr. T told me to do something impossible when I called him..

6. 74

74 Well-Known Member

I guess he asked you for a franchise QB

7. Hobbes3259

It's always sad when a dilettante squanders away an inheritance...

just sayin'

8. GangGreenBlues

GangGreenBlues Well-Known Member

I was not pointing out his misses, I was addressing some of the common criticisms of him that I see and demonstrating why they are flawed. If you can't tell the difference, maybe a law career is not in the cards for you either. :)

First of all, we didn't draft defense every year. You must've forgotten how we picked Sanchez with the highest pick overall under Rex. Also, lots of 2nd round picks on offense, Ducasse, Hill, Geno, Amaro. Secondly, when you have a defense oriented head coach, it's only natural there will be some bias towards defense. You try to build to your strengths. If you have Rex coaching and Sanchez/Geno at QB, it makes more sense to draft defense early unless you see something you really like on offense. On the other hand if you have Dree Brees/Peyton, it makes more sense to fill your offensive needs first.

That is such a misleading example because Tannebaum had 4 drafts with Rex, you ignored his first 2 horrible drafts which got us absolutely nothing (Sanchez + Green + Kyle Wilson + Ducasse) and picked his much better last 2 drafts. And that's on top of comparing them to 2 most recent drafts, where we don't know yet how those players will develop.

Doesn't Amaro have similar/better numbers than most of those despite playing in a run-heavy offense and being barely used?

9. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Idzik only signed Connor in hopes we forget about all his bad picks and us fans focus on Rex bad pick with Connor.

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Thanks, Mushmouth.

11. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

You have to be the corniest person on here.

12. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

You're revealing yourself.

_

13. Hobbes3259

Sanchez is a 4 time playoff winning QB.

and Shonn Greene averaged over 4 ypc, and rushed for 1000 yards his two years in full time duty.

14. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Idzik is a guy in a blizzard with out a shovel,he's gonna have to dig his way out by hand,and since he didn't bring gloves because he's to cheap he will have to use his mouth and try to swallow all the snow

TNJet likes this.
  15. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

This might explain why Barcs was so concerned for their safety that one time.

16. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

haha--I give Rex the credit for Scotty Mcknight as well.

TNJet likes this.
  17. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

lol just a big long conspiracy !

18. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

i didnt want them to sign desean jackson because i knew if they did, they would not select one of the top WR prospects in the draft... well they didnt sign jackson and waited to draft a WR in the 4th rd...going back, i wish they signed jackson when they had the chance, we would have been a good fit on so many levels

19. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I remember saying the Jets needed to fill as many holes as they could in FA since they were not likely to be able to fill enough with top picks in the draft. FO defenders here said no, with all those stockpiled later round picks, Idzik would be able to find ways to fill them with the draft. This was definitely part of the discussion when Desean Jackson first became available, for example.

Now the truth was Idzik did use FA more than those enamored with the supposed notoin that he greatly emphasizes the draft. But the truth is also he struck out with some FA picks like Patterson, failed to handle his vets by letting Slauson go last year and Cromartie this, then also striking out with all his later round picks in both drafts other than Bohannon, who is no great shakes.

As of today, Amaro looks more likely than not to end up playing to his draft status. Since Richardson was apparently Ryan's pick, that means the only player picked who is likely to play up to his draft status is Amaro.

That's really a piss poor record for a GM no matter how you try to defend it. He did well getting Ivory, and I like the Decker move. Add Amaro, and that's about it for solid moves by Idzik. Not good enough.

#539 Big Blocker, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  20. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Yeah, the Idzik picks are looking worse with each passing week. We really needed him to hit on two of those WR's. I didn't like the Jalen Saunders pick at the time. This past draft was crucial, and it's coming up pretty empty so far. Not good.