the John Idzik Thread. (All GM Discussion in Here)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Run_N_gun10, Sep 14, 2014.

1. DimsAllmighty

DimsAllmighty Well-Known Member

The sad part is that Jace is a beast, but we give around 75% of the snaps to Cumberland who is inferior to Jace in everyway
    [​IMG]

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  2. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

If Stephen Hill had lived up to his metric we wouldn't have this problem.
    R.I.P. Stonehands, your game losing drop will forever be remembered.

I also wish we had taken Cooks.

3. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I'm not complaining about Pryor. I think he is a stud safety but we had 12 picks and tons of chances to trade up and grab one of these guys. Instead, we held suit to where we were for 12 picks, unheard of, and didn't move.

4. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

so far the best rookie TE, buts it early, hopefully he gets the chance to produce some more.

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

To me, doesn't matter.

It's all about getting reliable pass catchers, who cares if they are a WR or TE? The point is to get reliable targets for the QB that can make a play.

Idzik dropped the ball in the later rounds so far I agree, and I wanted a receiver badly in the first round - but at the end of the day he did come away with someone that can help the QB. Hopefully Evans comes back next year and proves his worth.

Amaro has out-produced 2 on your list and is a TD away from getting within the other's radar. That's with the majority of the snaps going to Cumberland.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  6. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

takes two to tango, theres a rumor we tried to trade up, don't know how true it is, but these things aren't as easy as they seem regardless. theres always the chance that the teams ahead of us were simply happy staying put and getting the talent we we're willing to trade up for.

7. Falco21

Imagine if we took Pryor where we did then traded up and nabbed Benjamin before Carolina took him at 28.

We would be sitting here with a stud receiver to pair with Decker.

8. 101GangGreen101

What Idzik should have done was get James Jones, but he fucked that up one too.

9. Falco21

The rumor was we tried to trade up for Lee but what Idzik was offering was laughable. Teams scoffed at what he wanted to give them.

Wouldn't surprise me with the way he went about offering some of these free agents lol

10. 101GangGreen101

11. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Yeah it really gets lost in the shuffle but the milliner pick was shaky and it looks really bad right now. Trufant and Rhodes were better corners and have been having much better careers so far.

12. Falco21

13. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Hindsight is 20/20. Most people thought Benjamin would be a bust and portrayed Cooks as a slot receiver. Both teams are doing excellent jobs utilizing those guys which I'm not sure we could do. We tried to trade up for Lee and it didn't work but we got great value in Amaro. Landry and Matthews were gone before our next pick.. Can't say he didn't try trading up to get one because we don't know. Obviously the Sanders pick was questionable. Evans got hurt Idzik can't control that. Enunwa was a 6th round pick shouldn't be in the debate.

14. 101GangGreen101

Was is this dogshit? You got proof of the proposed trade? Would love to see it.

15. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

To be fair Idzik didn't draft receivers till later in the draft. It's not fair to judge guys like Saunders and Enuwa (Evans got hurt so I dont count him) to guys like Cooks, Benjamin, Lee, and Matthews who were drafted in the first 2 rounds.

He took Amaro at TE and he looks pretty good so far.

No question though that the guys he did take have not worked out so far.

16. 74

74 Well-Known Member

I'm glad the trade up didn't go down because Lee is nothing special. Trading up to get him would become remembered as another miss. Jordan Matthews on the other hand is going to be a very good player. That's the guy we should have traded up for.

17. Falco21

The point of this entire thing is that Idzik had 12 picks to play with. 12.

With those picks we had all of these guys sitting at our disposal within the first two rounds. Instead, we stayed put and didn't move one pick. We took a safety and TE in the first two rounds. Did I love both picks, yes, I loved the players but I would have loved if we moved up and took a receiver at least in the second. Because we stayed put, we had to wait until the fourth and later to get one.

18. 101GangGreen101

Matthews has been very good also - though Chip Kelly does a good job of using him in the slot.

Lee has had a slow start due to an injury after wk1, his first week he was pretty good though. I wouldn't write him out right away. He would still be the 2nd best receiver on this team next to Decker.

We all whiffed on Benjamin though cept for @Rockinz

19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Nah these "reports" come from his own assumptions because it didn't work out.

20. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

I also sometimes don't think its as simple as "well this guy is good for them therefore he would be good for us". I think where the Jets have failed , particularly on the offensive side of the ball is in development of the players they have drafted.

A guy like Geno probably should have been brought along the way a guy like Kapernick was brought along for example. He's not ready to start right away, therefore he doesn't start till we think he is ready. Unfortunately Sanchez getting hurt (another guy who probably wasnt ready to start when he did) got hurt and Geno was pressed into action. Stuff like that falls on the HC and GM for not having adequate vets on the team who can play and start until the future is ready to go.

They simply don't develop guys as well on offense as they do on defense under Rex. He has to take some blame for that.

74 likes this.