2015 - Draft Strategy and Needs, Let the argument begin

Discussion in 'Draft' started by LAJet, Aug 26, 2014.

1. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

NO, I don't think so, compared to recent drafts.

2. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

whats the deeper positions in your opinion

3. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Ogbuehi & Peat are good OTs , but IMO not as solid to deserve top 10 ranking, but will still be drafted high based on need.

DL/ OLB , IMO, are best players in the top 10. Randy Gregory is a tremendous talent, he would be a perfect replacement for Calvin Pace. Leonard Williams should be a top 5 pick. Calhoun has the talent to be a game changer. Vic Beasley while undersized, may move into the top ten with a strong 2014.

A player to keep an eye on Benardrick McKinney LB, Miss ST, he is all over the field making plays

Gurley & Gordon will change everyone's mind to draft a Rd 1 RB, I expect both to be top 12 picks, at worst.

4. RubenDias

I disagree after trent GMs got scared of draft rb high

5. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Gurley & Gordon are the exception to the rule.......no doubt early/mid Rd 1 picks.

6. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

Gurley is the best RB prospect to come out since Adrian Peterson, he impresses me so much. Just tenacious with elite vision and power. Gurley and Gordon should both go top 25, would be shocking to me still with the fact that RBs are so undervalued but with these two they are as good as they come. As far as draft strategy I just hope everyone gets fired, and this is coming from an avid Rex supporter. I love Rex but I don't he will ever be an elite coach, he lacks control. So many blunders from late game strategy to penalties.

He started extremely strong but for him to succeed u have to let him want he wants get him the players he wants. Idzik should be fired ASAP, he isn't supplying Rex with the necessary players and our last two drafts, pretty much other than Richardson and maybe Amaro have been a waste. Why are we drafting so many players only to have be cut or put on the PS. We're not getting depth were just collecting mediocre talent.

We couldn't get a capable gm with woody being tied to Rex so Rex has to go and hopefully idzik follows suit

7. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

110% agreed and spot on for Winters performance. He has had an awful first 4 games in pass protection, I am incredibly let down by his play. I have no idea why not enough people bring up Winters' abysmal play up in the Jets forum. The pocket often collapses with the floodgate starting from him, he doesn't finish up plays and was responsible for a few bad penalties early in the season.

I can't imagine Dakota Dozier being much worse at this point than Winters, as crazy as that sounds. I am sure he will get beat like a drum too and take his rookie bruising but I have to think he'd learn at a much quicker level than Winters.

I hate Idzik's nonchalant care about players health too. Milliner had numerous red flags coming out of Bama, McDougle has been unlucky with the injuries he got at Maryland so I don't want to hold it against the kid or the Jets but he needed another option at CB besides Dexter.

I liked Amaro heading into the draft, loved taking him in round 2 and I think for all the shit he caught about "Showing disrespect to Rex Ryan" and a mediocre training camp, on gameday the guy minus 1 big drop has been nothing but reliable. Another guy who people gave unjustly flack even during the preseason, he has ways to go with the blocking but as a catching TE? He's been fine. Get him involved in the red zone.

8. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Gurley is an incredible player, he's clearly the best player on the field in any game he plays and it isn't even close. Rex would love a player like Gurley to compliment Ivory.

Unfortunately, Rex is the one that will take the heat if this season doesn't turn around, Idzik isn't going to get canned. Rex has always been a lame duck since Idzik got hired. I never believd in the "Rex is our coach" Rah Rah bullshit in Miami at the end of the season, that was phony bullshit from Idzik, he wasn't sincere.

Rex's main problem he's loyal to players to a fault.

9. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Winters is very solid in run blocking, pass protection is non existent. I wish we had Vlad back, compared to Winters and that's a sorry ass statement. Oday Aboushi rotated in preseason at guard and IMO, looked better than Winters, don't know why we haven't gone back to him.

Health concerns are a very important piece of the puzzle when evaluating and drafting players and Idzik has got it wrong so far. Milliner although never missed much time at Bama, he was almost never healthy.

I think we got it right with Pryor and Amaro, both should be solid players. McDougle was a reach in Rd 3, that was a mistake. We could have gotten McDougle in Rd 5, with his health concerns. In Rd 3 we passed on OG Gabe Jackson, WR, Donte Moncrief & a player the Jets loved (visited Floram Park) and probably thought he would be available in Rd 4.....WR, John Brown who is killing it in Zona.

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

If you were to grade Idzik based on the 2 drafts, how would you grade him so far? I'm going with a C+ at best.

11. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

What difference does it make? Clearly the Jets FO and coaching staff don't agree with popular opinions. Last year Brandin Cooks staring us in the face and we draft defense!?!

As long as Woody and Co. are running this franchise I have zero faith in any decision that they make.

12. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

About right, he needs to not draft players with an injury history. Also, the Jets, including Tanny and now Idzik tend to draft players that need to develop their game from their system they played in College....I think Bradway could be a problem in this area.

13. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I'm not pissed we didn't draft Cooks and I was a huge fan of his, Pryor is going to be a good player.

There are other reasons to be pissed at our Mangement than 2014's 1sr Rd pick.

14. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

I hope you're right about Pryor. His coverage blunders have me a little worried but I agree that he should pan out as he's got all the physical tools and loves to hit.

My bigger point was the draft picks as a whole. Idzik completely blew the draft and I didn't like their 3rd and 4th rounds picks from the second he made them.

I have very little faith in the FO at this moment and good reason to be skeptical.

15. RubenDias

Not to mention we could have had the hawks first round pick for 2 4th round picks and a 5th picks that players got cut while we could have landed a blue chip guard , Jordan Mathews or marquise lee.

16. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I like Randy Gregory a lot - do you think Jets have a shot at him? I've been fed up with the lack of consistent edge rushing presence for ages by now.

Also, what do you think about Kevin Hogan? Of course, he shouldn't start - he should sit for minimum 1 year, preferably 2, anyway.

17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

His footwork is much better this year then last year in my opinion. I also like how he has free reigns of the offense and reads the college defense to dictate a change in the play. I like him more then any of the QBs coming out this yr (Cook will prob leave in 2016).

I think Hogan has some fundamental flaws he needs to work on, including the way he releases the football. Not to say I wouldn't take him (given the circumstance), I think some of his skill-sets aren't shown on display in a run-orientated offense, so he does have some hidden potential.

18. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Randy Gregory should be a top 5 pick, just depends how our season works out if he's available. . With Rex gone we might go in another direction.

Hogan is an option, but is better than Geno as the future QB???...not too sure.

#98 WW85, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  19. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

He is not an air raid QB, right? He can take snap from under the center, then backpedal as he scans the field. Am I right on this? [Things Geno cannot do, that is.] Or is he another shotgun-exclusive garbage?

If Rex does stay - which looks like a fat chance - which direction do you think they will take?

20. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

these threads are pointless to be honest...every year we never draft our #1 need and go in another direction..if we finish with a top 10 pick it means geno and vick played bad...meaning our #1 need is a Qb