This Patriots team is not good

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by BigGreenUgly, Sep 29, 2014.

1. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

Getting crushed 24-0 tonight....struggled against Oakland.....Gronk looks slow....WRs small and slow....defense gave up 300 yards in 1st half..worse in Belichick era...

2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Interception now haha

3. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

4. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

It warms my heart. Thank you KC.

TNJet likes this.
  5. PleaseWinSuperBowlJets

PleaseWinSuperBowlJets Active Member

Just as I said on another thread, this division is trash and 9-7 may be good enough to win. Time for the Jets to get some shock wins. SD game would be a start.

6. MikeIneedajob

MikeIneedajob Member

If the Jets can beat SD and NE and lose to DEN, 3-5 would leave them with a tough but possible road to 9-7.

7. Matt4776

Matt4776 Active Member

If the Jets beat SD and NE and lose to DEN, we're 3-4, not 3-5.

If we beat SD and NE, I honestly don't see how we miss the playoffs. Then again, we are the Jets.

8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Giving those games away hurts even more now...... They're not even good at being bad.

If geno looks like ass in the 1st half on sunday, Vick better be taking the field in the 2nd

9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

They stink right now, I can't believe what I am seeing and I hope it continues but I am not counting on them to suck all year long.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Tom Brady looks old. He was looking haggard at times on the sideline last night. That's partly him doing the usual scruffy beard thing on game day but it's also that a scruffy beard on a 37 year old makes him look old. 37 is 37.

11. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Brady has a horrible offensive line and no time to throw. He lost his best offensive lineman and close friend a few weeks before the season began. This will be their Achilles heel all season long IMO.

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Letting go of Mankins was a rare Belichik mistake. It may cost him the dynasty. Not that the dynasty wasn't going anyway at some point soon but interior offensive line is not the place to get cheap as things decline.

13. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

BB acts like he is the reason the pats have been so good. He should know he has to protect his bread and butter and try to keep him happy, whether he is an old geezer or not. This is BBs last shot.

14. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

I think every team lays an egg or has a bad game once and a while. Its going to take me a couple more games before I say this pats team is no good

15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

What was with Revis? He used to be the most physical cornerback in the NFL. Even if you threw away from him, he would come out of nowhere and make a great, tough tackle. Last night was the first time I saw him as a Patriot, and he looked beyond SOFT. Gave minimal effort, as did the entire Patriots D. Very uncharacteristic of Revis.

16. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Only problem with that is they've had one good game against the very injured Vikings, barely eeked out a victory against the hapless Raiders, lost to the schizo Dolphins and got hammered by the Chiefs. The Pats haven't looked good in any game thus far

17. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

He's in it for the money now. He is a mercenary and he can't afford to get hurt again. He was never going to get the $20 million or whatever was due to him next year, so he's playing for a contract. An ok year with the name Revis will get him more than a good 10 games and another injury.

18. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Brady will get benched and Garoppolo will come in and play like Joe Montana v2.0 for the next 15 years. It's the Patriot way.

19. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

never going to happen, Brady made the Pats and Belichick and when he leaves he will take them down w/ him.

20. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Joe Montana played at Notre Dame, Tom Brady played at Michigan. What are the odds that an FCS program like Eastern Illinois is going to produce not one but two big-time QBs in a decade? (even if one considerd Romo to be Montana/Brady "big time" in the first place). Not happening imo.

Some of the powerhouses Eastern Illinois played in Garoppolo's last year were:
    - Illinois State
    - Northern Illinois
    - Eastern Kentucky
    - Austin Peay
    - Southeast Missouri State
    - Tennessee State
    - Tennessee Tech
    - Murray State
    - Jacksonville State
    - UT-Martin
    - Towson State

Lot of "states" there, 'cept not on the order of a Mississippi, Penn or Boise State, etc....