Fire everyone, cut everyone, blame everyone

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetsclaps, Sep 29, 2014.

1. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

You're still missing the point but its ok. Keep carrying on like a maniac.

2. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I laugh at people like you who apparently did not watch the games. Detroit got next to nothing from Megatron, and last week Marshall was also a non-entity. Green Bay meanwhile lit up Jets with Nelson getting 209 yards. And in the latter games the Jets were never in the lead, and so the opponents had no incentives to air it out all game long.

Guess you had to see the games instead of relying on a misleading stat.

3. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Ok, what area are we good at? Offense? Nope. Defense? Nope. Special teams? Nope.
    We can't score points, we can't stop 3rd and longs and our return game kills us. Our coaches blunder something as simple as clock management and time outs.

We certainly have positives on the team, but we have a lot more negatives.

4. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Why can't we just blame (and fire) the person(s) responsible? Geno, clearly ... and whoever is responsible (Rex? Idzik? Both?) for him continuing to play.

5. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

atleast someone gets it. we've shot ourselves in the foot constantly, but i think these mistakes can be fixed. the patriots are about to be 2-2 (hopefully) and we will be 1 game out of the division lead.

also people need to stop with the secondary, it's been fine honestly. overpaying for FAs never works, look at the saints with jairus byrd

6. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

We are still in rebuild mode, right?
    Isn't it year two, of the change in direction from an old, slow, failing, ex-number 1 defense, that was way too costly for the results? On offense, same situation, but with a wasted #5 pick in the draft on a bust of a franchise Qb, and a very aged backfield, missing pieces on the O-line, and an empty receiving corp?
    It's too soon to change direction again. We just did that.
    Our defense, at the rate it's growing, will be freaking awesome in a year or two. We need to add one or two players to the back end, replace Harris and Pace with younger, faster, versions, and our defense will be elite in all faucets of the game.
    Our offense may take longer to work out. Our line needs a bunch, maybe our full attention in the draft, and free agency signings. Our receiving corp needs a major stud and maybe another #2 receiver. Our backs are decent, but I'm not sold on CJ. We could use a draft pick here, or an excellent free agent signing.
    Our Qb situation has always been an enigma. Our drafting and free agent signings, regardless of the expectations, never seem to work out. All we need is a 6th round pick out of Michigan, or San Diego to trade us Brees so they can move on with Rivers. Why can't Aaron Rodgers desire to play in the big apple?
    Why couldn't we pursue Peyton, instead of giving Nacho that ridiculous extension? Is there a curse on this franchise at the position of Qb, that goes back to Namath?

7. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

the favorite meat of the Jets fan is scapegoat

8. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

We're number 1 in sacks and 4 in defense. You can say we don't have a great defense, but to say we're not good is wrong.

Likewise with our run game.

And special teams is bad? Folk hasn't missed a FG, we've had good punt and kick coverage. Quigley is up and down but he had a great game against the Lions.

9. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

WHAT are you talking about? How bad is our secondary right now, considering we are missing two of our starters? The secondary is almost the least of my worries at this point. We are pitiful in the redzone. That is my biggest concern right now.

10. rohirrim665

So Johnson and Marshall not getting any yards was pure luck? Not execution and game planning? Nobody thinks this secondary is stellar but come on.

11. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

Johnson only played 57% of his snaps if im not mistaken

12. rohirrim665

Fair enough, but some people still think this secondary is the worst in the league. Some people still think we should have thrown all that money at DRC. Nobodys happy with the secondary situation right now, but its far from what everybody feared it would be.

13. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

That's because they've been starting Chad Henne. I expect that to change now that Bortles is in the mix. And it's not that Bortles is that good; it's just that Henne is that awful.

14. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

What has Geno shown in 20 games, that makes that scenario even worth gambling on or even mentioning? Geno at this point has more starts than Stephen Hill. Should we have kept Hill banking on the remote chance he might begin to catch the ball?

Faux machine, 74 and Big Blocker like this.
  15. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

This is the most logical post of the day - thank you! everyone thinks our pass defense is horrible... that's just not the case this year. I'm actually encouraged that our passing D (when healthy) will shock many people later this year...

16. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you. Megatron and Marshall clearly didnt do well because they were injured. I assume that is your point.

Milliner was clearly injured when he was getting burned by Nelson. Isnt it a two way street?

17. Big Blocker

If you saw the game you would probably have heard that Marshall was virtually a non-factor due to his injury. Same for Megatron.

Ftr I think Ryan has done well with some of the blitz looks and such. But check out the stats for the pass D. And don't stop at ypg. It's not pretty.

With some decent corners this could have been a top ten D quite easily, even top five. But they dont have decent corners.

18. Big Blocker

The Jets have no interceptions. One of only two teams in the league that don't. They also have given up nine touch down passes, which is third worst in the league. They are sixth worst in opponent's Qb rating at 104.1. ppg is 14th worst.

If you think that is fine, you must be a fan of mediocrity.

19. Big Blocker

Being concerned about the red zone offense does not mean you should not, cannot, be concerned about the secondary.

20. Big Blocker

I can't understand this kind of thinking. The secondary sucks.