Fantasy Baseball Keeper League (NEW for 2010)

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by GreyhoundJet, Mar 7, 2010.

1. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Maybe contraction would be best for next season too (although I wouldn't really like a ten-team league, a twelve-teamer is more challenging). Really it's the bottom four that do nothing, and another team actually 'in' the playoffs atm also has Tanaka and Pagan in their starting lineup and Latos on the DL so clearly they're a dead team too. That's almost half the league.

#601 NYJFan10, Jul 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  2. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I say replace the deadbeats after the season. No excuses for them either. Replace them with non-TGG members if necessary. One is even a TGG moderator, though I don't think we need him anymore in that capacity.

I seriously doubt someone will take over a shit team now. It is too late in the season.

3. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Double post

4. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Definitely would be against a 10 team league, just not challenging enough, as NYJFan10 said. MSU's team is going to be the hardest to replace owner wise since there's not much of a core there beyond Molina, Donaldson, Longoria, Lester, and Ryu. As for the other teams there's plenty of assets. Worst case if we can't find anyone from TGG or people we know there's always willing redditors looking for active leagues in the fantasybaseball section.

5. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

Compared to now the deadbeats(people who have done nothing) would be - Greyhound, MSU, and Thembones.

Clemens hasn't done a thing either since I posted this but I wouldn't categorize them as a deadbeat yet.

As for replacements I'll do something in the offseason since people don't usually want to take over for a crap team during the season. Anyone in favor of dropping any inactives from the playoffs?

6. JohnnyThaJet

I would be down for that, evens out the playing field and insures nobody gets a sure fire win.

7. NYJFan10

So now Alex Cobb decides to become a beast again after being awful/mediocre most of the season, wonderful. And the guy I dropped him for (Sanchez) is getting lit up like a pinball machine. At least starting pitching's the easiest thing to replace in general and I still have a good front five at worst.

And what do you mean by dropping inactives...if a dead team makes the playoffs just go to a five-team postseason instead? Fine by me since there's only one playoff hopeful that applies to anyway. I don't know how a five-team postseason would work though, I guess the top three get byes and four goes up against five in a play-in week?

8. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Yeah, I would like to hear what this playoff plan is. The commissioner can manipulate who make the playoffs?

Deadbeat in 6th place stays out and 7th place finisher moves up and gets to compete? If so, that would be awful. If you can't beat a ghost manager, then you don't deserve to make the playoffs. Of course, that just might be a bad guess on my part as to what the plan might be.

9. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

Nothing yet I was just suggesting it to see what people wanted to do since the playoffs would probably be better if all 6 teams participating were actually active but if not enough people say anything then I'll just let it go and the playoffs will go as is. That's all.

10. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Two and a half weeks to go before sh*+ gets serious. Good luck to everyone

11. NYJFan10

Geez what a race for the second bye and last playoff spot. Glad I got the top seed for the second straight year, but all it guarantees me is a week off :p Should be a interesting playoffs.

12. NYJFan10

Well it was a good ride while it lasted. Even with not winning the title again this year can't really complain about finishing first in the regular season for the second straight year. My offensive keepers turned out to be a disaster (Davis, Kipnis, Segura) aside from Cutch and my overall hitting issues finally came back to bite me in the playoffs.

13. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I am assuming my team lost, but you never know.

My team was trailing 3-6-1 on Saturday morning. Due to my cell phone screen cracking after I dropped my phone at work on Friday, I had to go to the public library to set my Saturday lineup. Sunday lineup? No such luck. I did not have time to get the phone fixed on Saturday and I otherwise do not have internet access at home. My Saturday morning frame of mind was Whatever happens, happens. Luckily, this is not a money league.

I still had three moves to make. If I lost due to wins or strikeouts, that would suck.

If I lost due to poor hitting, that is easier to take.

No matter what, it was a fun season.

14. NYJFan10

Yes, Senators won 6-3-1. You were 0-4-1 in the hitting categories (many of those categories were fairly close though) and 3-2 in the pitching (losing K's by 15 and saves by 1). PS you might want to start paying attention to Fantasy Football, you still have Alphonso Hodge as your CB starter there.

Congrats to whoever Senators is. At least I took third, I could have used some of that offensive production last week lol

#614 NYJFan10, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  15. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

sorry, double post

Meant to edit what I had here, but hit reply instead of edit

16. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I announced that I am not participating in that league prior to the season. I suppose no replacement was found. I actually saw I was still in there on Saturday morning when logging onto espn from a library computer. I elected not to cut Hodge because I do not consider myself a part of the league.

17. NYJFan10

Are we starting this up again soon? How are we going to deal with the players that didn't participate last year, contraction or try to find new owners over the next month?

18. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

I'm in again! Who else wants to still play?

I guess we just have to replace them and keep those that keep up!

19. OneDay

OneDay Member

I'm in once again too. We should definitely get it started soon, in case anyone wants to make any trades before the draft.

20. JohnnyThaJet

Havent been very active on this site but definitely in for the league again.