Week. 4- Lions @ NY Jets Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RubenDias, Sep 23, 2014.

1. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Secondary has to play well. I actually thought Walls and Allen did a decent job against 2 great receivers.

The Jets have to emphasize ball security, the Lions have a very good defense. If we lose the turnover battle we're going to lose the game. Run the ball and use play action off of the run.

2. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

Misread the schedule. No matter, it's not like MetLife is any sort of HFA

3. melvin2345

melvin2345 New Member

Lions fan here. So far, I haven't seen a lot of optimism for next Sunday's game, but honestly, the Lions never do well on the road. The only reason they beat Green Bay was because the defense played their faces off. Stafford threw two picks (one was a pass tipped by our own receiver) and had the ball stripped once. The offense never really showed up. They consistently move the ball, but aside from the Giants game, they still have a hell of a time putting points on the board. I think this game will end up closer than people expect.

4. iJet

iJet Member

That hate post gave me cancer. What a waste of time reading your sh*t.

5. DimsAllmighty

DimsAllmighty Well-Known Member

That's one part of the problem, but another issue is that our passing options outside of Kerley and Decker blow chunks. Once Decker goes down, teams just stack the box daring Geno to throw knowing that he is prone to making bad decisions.

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Great read! I guess we're gonna be watching Flag Football given each team's ability to generate penalties at prolific rates. I have a feeling that out of all the games in this "murderer' row" section, this is the most winnable game of all of them. That's not saying a lot and I wouldn't bet the college fund on it.

7. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Unless the officiating crew decides to make it up to us this week, we will lose 35-13.

8. JetFighter

JetFighter Active Member

We are going to get destroyed, they held Packers to 7 points, same Packers that destroyed us for 31 points, and they have an awesome receiving team, we get absolutely smoked. How can you think otherwise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Don't worry guys, Rex is the best defensive mind in the game. We got this shit.

10. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

Ah, Calvin Johnson. Yeah hes gonna screw us, and really there was nothing we were gonna do about it from the very start. Revis, DRC, a healthy Milliner, whoever, they weren't gonna stop him either, regardless of the secondary its all on the front seven as usual to stop Stafford.

For once we're playing a run D as stout as ours, Ivory might get a decent run here or there, but we won't win on the ground. Its gotta be through the air, that means we need Smith to rebound, that means we need our TE's heavily involved in the passing game. that means we need to get out of our own way. Can we do it? The odds are about as good either way to me.

Looks closer to a loss, but wouldn't shock me if the jets won either, being at home and all. the D actually played well vs Chicago all things considered, why not detroit?

11. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I would really like to see Antonio Allen stick with Tate and just play safety help over the top of Calvin. Allen is a pretty solid tackler so it could help reduce Tate's YAC.

Tulloch was a pretty big loss for them, no?

12. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

I've got us winning our next 13 games and the superbowl, easily.

13. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

We don't win this game, we aren't winning for another month. Rex better have them ready to play.

14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Stafford was killing the Jets the last time I remember playing the Lions back in 2010 prior to hurting his shoulder.

Should be an interesting game.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

last time we played then we had revis in his prime eliminating calvin johnson by himself with no safety help.

16. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I thought we had a great chance vs both the pack, and bears, but I'm not feeling it against Detroit at all. This means either A. We will pull out a close victory, or B. We will get curb stomped, and not the Seth Rollins kind either.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  17. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Lol everybody who thought i was crazy for being worried about especially the bears and lions are now starting to understand me i see. These teams are built to beat the shit out of us, lucky for us our defense player 100x better against Jeffery and Marshall than i thought they would. Anyway the Lions are way better than the bears. 28-13 lions : (

18. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Surely if we put Coples and Pace on him at the same time and jam him everything will be ok.

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

20. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

This is in no way a good matchup for the Jets.
    Jets top flight run defense...Lions don't run the ball.
    Jets secondary is a trainwreck with players either low on the depth chart or playing out of position (Allen) and the Lions pass very well.
    Lions have the 3rd ranked passing defense...the Jets passing offense.........
    Lions have the 2nd ranked rushing defense.
    Detroit has allowed the 2nd fewest points, the Jets rank 20th in points allowed.

Jets O-line is weak, espeically on the right side, the Lions DL is beastly
    Lions have a very solid O-line, Jets D-line is beastly (assuming of course that Wilkerson is 100%).

There is nothing about this game that bodes well for the Jets...

Putting it down as a loss.