the John Idzik Thread. (All GM Discussion in Here)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Run_N_gun10, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

U like to be heard...but have nothing 2 say...If I knew u couldn't read....I would have drawn pics for u...

2. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I love how this is your response already, and I'd love to reply to it except the sky is falling and I need to go frantically run around shrieking and stick my head in the sand. I will reply to this simply for the principle, because I have always said that claiming a post is too stupid to respond to is a bullshit argument, but I have to tell you this post really, really makes a case for "way too stupid to deserve a reply."

In all seriousness, how can you not recognize how overdramatic you're being right now? Not every draft class has a "glaring" talent by week 2, first off. To demand that is ludicrous, and is the first indicator you are an impatient unrealistic fan. Muhammad Wilkerson is the best player on our team, and although he started every game his rookie year people didn't see him by week 2 and go "goodness, who is that beast?" Not to mention Calvin Pryor has made a couple of flash plays already. It takes time to see what you have in rookies, and you have no excuse for not knowing that. Choosing not to accept it is the equivalent of choosing not to accept the world is round.

As for demanding impact UDFA's every year? You really make me laugh with this one. If you strike gold on a rookie UDFA you are damn lucky, it's not something you expect. I challenge you to find a team with an impact UDFA in 3 of the last 4 years.

If you are trying to tell me Eric Decker is not an impact player, I don't know what game you watched. Decker was open all the time, and is on pace for 72 receptions, 1096 yards and 8 TD's. I expect the Geno-Decker connection to just get better as the season progresses.

As far as pass rushers, we had 4 sacks and got after Rodgers pretty consistently. Aaron Rodgers is among the best QB's in the league when it comes to evading pressure, and we hit him a lot and sacked him 4 times. No, we don't have a guy like Robert Quinn or JJ Watt on our team, but most don't. Who is the elite pass rusher you wanted us to have signed this off season? Not to mention the entire fan base would have pooped themselves if Idzik spent another first round pick on a defensive linemen.

Many starters from our team would start on the 49ers or Seahawks. Mo, Richardson, Snacks, Coples, Decker, Mangold, Milliner, Brick (at RT) and probably Pryor would all start for the 49ers. A few less for the Seahawks. The Jets were almost completely devoid of talent when we transitioned to a new GM, and we are worlds better than we were before Idzik came in. We could not have led most of the game and finished within one score of the Packers in 2012 before Idzik, or in 2013. If you want Tannenbaum back, just say so. If you want a GM without a solid plan for the future, just say so.

As for our OG position, Idzik has invested 4 draft picks in his first two drafts at the position. Not every position is a position of strength, and if Winters struggles a change may be made.

As for his talent evaluating, Sheldon, Geno, Dee, Bohanon, Pryor, McDougle, and Amaro have all looked good. If you want to try and sit there and claim we know what we have from the 2014 draft class by week 2 go right ahead, but it only makes you look like a fool.

3. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Lol no shit. This is the internet. If I had that attention span Id be reading books.

4. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Please do

5. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Two games in his NFL career, and we've determined that Amaro isn't a game changer. Woooo!

TonyMaC likes this.
  6. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

careers are made in week two of a rookie season, obviously. :rolleyes:

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Max! I love your response, and I hate how you spent all of that time responding to an account that has been a blatant troll for many years.

Thanks for the good read, though.

Maybe someday the mods will catch on to certain accounts.

8. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

It's the TGG way! All you can do is sit back and laugh.

9. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I don't think there is a right or wrong way to build a team. I prefer Idzik's approach because while it doesn't guarantee that we'll win a SB with this approach, it at least gives us a longer window. Tanny's approach was win now and we had a 2 year window.

10. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I wonder if Indy fans are calling for their GMs head? I mean, they went on the road and lost to a great team by a TD and then blew a big lead at home.

11. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Ftr, if Favre had not gotten hurt in 08 imo the Jets would likely have gone to the playoffs and very well might have won it all. I think that needs to be considered in assessing Tanny, who I had numerous reasons to criticize, but it's not like EVERYTHING he did was bad.

legler82 likes this.
  12. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

True, at the end of the day the goal is to win a championship. Tanny took short cuts to accomplish it and it didn't work. Those years were fun but when you have a bunch of vets, salary cap strapped and little to no draft picks it's hard to sustain that run. Had Sanchez panned out the transition would've been much smoother. What did Tanny in was the Sanchez extension after they went after Peyton. And to top it off we were a joke of a team, so Tanny became the fall guy. Overall Tanny was a good GM and he gets more hate than he deserves IMO.

13. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Idzik's approach only works if you draft well. And by draft well I'm talking beyond the first and second round. If, like this past draft, you choose to keep 12 picks, you have to hit on, not all, but some mid to late round draft picks.

#133 legler82, Sep 16, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  14. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I struggle with the "didn't work" label. A championship is never guaranteed regardless of who is on your roster, ask Denver about that. There are WAY too many factors that lead to actually winning it to make that the sole criteria for success. All you can expect from your GM is to build a roster that is a championship contender. Despite his many failings, Tanny did to that for a 3 year stretch. I was as critical of Tanny as anyone and thought he deserved to be fired when he was, but I can't in good conscious take that away from him.

#134 legler82, Sep 16, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

16. Run_N_gun10

Because u took the time....I will respond. Only Mo, Richardson & Snacks could really start for 49'ers...IMO. Also....because you don't yet see the light...I won't call u a "fool" because u don't know the 'Sun' exists. Remember....c u back at week #9...then the true "fools" will shine...lol. Remember....12 picks...lol.
    "

17. Run_N_gun10

Why do u bother to drop ur turds....anywhere. Even cats clean up behind themselves. Go change ur pamper...u smell.

18. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

How did this thread get to 7 pages? There's not a single logical point to discuss anywhere in the original post, yet here we are 138 posts later still calling this dope out on his idiocy.

abyzmul and Run_N_gun10 like this.
  19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It isn't just hard to sustain that run, it's impossible. No one has ever built a winner the way Tanny tried to do it. No one. Ever. Tanny thought he was smarter than everyone else. He's an arrogant ass and he couldn't have been fired soon enough.

Tanny didn't become the fall guy. He WAS the fall guy. Plain and simple. I'm sorry that you can't see it. What did Tanny in was that he was/is incompetent and not qualified to be a GM. Period. No one in his right mind would have given Sanchez that extension and huge contract. No one in his right mind would have kept re-negotiating the contracts of older, slower players making it impossible to cut them or upgrade their positions. No one in his right mind would have continued to trade up every year and not counter that with trading down in other years to compensate. If he was as good as you say, he'd have gotten another job with another NFL team at least in the FO as a cap guru. Instead, he's totally out of the NFL, and I believe for good. Tanny was all about Tanny and getting his picture on the back page of the tabloids. He created the circus. He created the cap problems. He created the holes on the roster through his trade ups, his bad picks and bad FA signings/big contracts. He has no clue how to evaluate talent.

Jets4eva9011 likes this.
  20. Run_N_gun10

Dude....nice pic...now add some substance to the pic. The secret to being a cool fool...is to sit in the room quietly...but if u keep up opening ur mouth, with nothing to say...u start looking as stupid & dumb as u do now..... Take a hint.