Mornhingweg accepts blame for timeout fiasco

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 74, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Seriously, man, why even bother trying to talk sense so soon after the game? Some of these girls are just too emotional.

2. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

He didn't just ignore the rule book,he pretended it didn't exsist

The 1985er likes this.
  3. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Anypone remembering the ass fucking we took from the refs the last time we played the Fudgepackers, would call this par for the course.

The turning point in this game was not playing for 3 points just before the half....granted if Smith doesn't get hit they score, but it was just plain dumb.

you had a FG to make it a 21 24-9 plus the ball after the half. SMH....

(Still light years better than schitty...)

4. joeuser

joeuser Active Member

Sounds like Richardson made the TO call in the refs ear when he saw MM freaking out... Kind of kills this thread... REFS ARE FUCKING PRICKS ANYWAY!

5. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I wanted to read this thread after work, but 500+ posts?! Jesus.

6. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

Tend to agree with you. I was really hot after the game, but, overall, I'm pretty happy about the direction of the team. Clean up a few things, and the Jets could be legitimate contenders by mid season.

Sent using Tapatalk

7. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

we did get screwed but there's no excuse for blowing a 21-3 lead. we put ourselves in a position where a mistake like that could cost us and let's be realistic. had the TD counted and we tied them our D would have blown it anyway.

8. nyjunc

we didn't play toe to toe w/ them. we were crushing them for a qtr and they dominated us for 3 qtrs.

9. nyjunc

It's Marty's fault, he saw a coach trying to call a TO and he spoke up. I don't blame him for that. this was all on Marty.

On a related note- why do we treat TOs like they don't matter? every damn game we waste TO after TO.

#509 nyjunc, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  10. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Totally agree. I can't blame Richardson or MM. The bottom line is that it is the responsibility of the officials to not blatantly ignore an NFL rule.

legler82 likes this.
  11. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

We were dominant until the interception, which was Winters fault, not Geno's. From that point, the momentum changed. I don't have an anti Jets agenda, I am a fan for 48 years an have come to expect this type of loss. Not an agenda, just reality, proven over and over again.

12. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

It drives me fucking crazy. This deserves it's own thread.

13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Yes. There was still 3 minutes or so on the clock and the defense had been dismantled by Rodgers. I do believe they would've lost either way.

14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

This has happened since the beginning of the Rex Ryan era. He blows timeout after timeout because he doesn't have the foresight to recognize their importance. (at least thats the only explanation I can think of)

-This is the same coach who once blew a timeout only to take a delay of game penalty on purpose right after just so they could have an easier punt. I'm not sure there is a dumber decision to be made in football.

-This is the same coach who blows timeouts just so they can have more time to decide if they want to challenge a call. And then once lost the challenge, essentially blowing 2 timeouts on one play.

-How about the Decker catch at the sideline in this game? They get the nice call reversal without the review (if I was a GB fan I woulda been pissed about btw)... A good coach has his guys run right up to the ball and get a play off. Instead the Jets are all disorganized and have to blow a timeout. Giving GB time to look at the play. So freaking stupid. If that catch would've been nullified when GB challenged it, and it was close, I would've lost my mind!!!

15. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

This is the explanation of the "timeout" debacle.

@SethWalderNYDN: From the league: only a head coach can or player on the field can call a timeout but play was called correctly because...

@SethWalderNYDN: when a snap is imminent, refs are instructed not to turn attention away from field in order to verify who called the timeout.

@MikePereira: If you get a last second timeout request (like in jets game), you grant it.

16. nyjunc

so the first 6 times he was creaming TO he didn't look over but waited until ball was about to be snapped and he couldn't turn his head. The refs botched it, we botched, we didn't deserve to win the game.

17. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

That rule makes no sense. I understand why the ref can't turn his head. However after the play is over why not quickly confirm who called the timeout.

18. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Agree with everything you said. But still would have liked to see it play it out.

19. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Thats an extremely weird interpretation of the rule. What if its a cameraman or water boy screaming it in the coaches year?

20. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

The most disgraceful part of this is that the referee, who really should be fined and suspended, will feel absolutely no consequences whatsoever from the NFL. Performances by officials of that quality gives the NFL about the same credibility as the WWE.