Mornhingweg accepts blame for timeout fiasco

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 74, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

I feel that at best, you can say that we would have tied it. The way the Pack were moving they could have gotten the ball back and scored another TD or FG to ice it. My disappointment is we never got to see that play out due to poor officiating.

2. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

People keep saying this, but isn't it kind of funny that once the Jets got a lead (by getting pressure on Rodgers), the Packers o-line was simply allowed to hold like crazy. Literally not one hold was called on the Packers as they were coming back. It's kind of easy to lose a lead when your QB sucks and the other team gets to play with no pressure on their star qb because holds are simply not called (yet the Jets get fucked with a dumb 12 man penalty when the guy was a foot from the sideline and a bs timeout).

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

We still don't even know that the refs even did mess up, btw. It's possible they did. It's also possible Rex or a Jets player on the field called a TO. Obviously none of that matters if the Jets just take care of their own business being up 3 fucking td's to begin with. fans harping on the refs come off as bitches looking to blame someone else because the team they root for couldn't take care of their own business. I find it gay.

4. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

No it is not a fact.

Every play leading up to that play and every play after that play determined the outcome.

You may think one play determines outcome, but that's childish. Every single play is dependent upon what occurred before. You can't disregard what happened before and say but for that ONE play we win (or in this case tie) the game.

It's intellectually dishonest.

I understand what you're saying but it's an emotional reaction to being pissed off.

_

5. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Yes we do. The video and Sheldon explained it all.

In the video, Rex is seen walking away from the ref with his back towards him. Sheldon leans forward, whispers in the refs opposite ear, and the ref waves his hands. No whistle was blown, hence why the players continued playing.

The video shows everything. Rex had his mouth shut with his back to the ref.

74 likes this.
  6. JStokes

Oh geez.

_

7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

It's on the Jets at the end of the day as they lost the momentum and their cool. Similar to the Bengals game last yr.

At least the loss wasn't a conference loss. On to the next game.

No sense in bitching at the refs.

8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

You would be wise to just let this go until another day or so has passed. Right now, its only venting that's happening here. Do yourself a favor and go have a beer or something. The board will get back to normal around tuesday or so.

9. 74

74 Well-Known Member

The ball was snapped. The play was live. The timeout whispered by a defensive player on the sidelines should never have been accepted, regardless it was called after the snap, a whistle was never blown. They negated the play after the fact. How is that not a fuck up? Please elaborate

10. Falco21

And I get that, but one play does impact the outcome. Yes, like I've said numerous times, the entire game effects the outcome. The entire game got us to the point where we were a touchdown away with less than 4 minutes left.

But ONE play that was fucked up, should have tied the game. The play was improperly called, thus we lost. Had it been properly called, we would have tied. One single play determined the outcome.

11. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Richardson's job is to rush the passer. The officials are supposed to know the rules. If the NFL rules say only a head coach can call a time out then all other calls should be ignored. If they are told to watch the field before the snap then so be it. By midweek they will acknowledge that they messed up. Hopefully it will be made public. If they had any integrity they would call it a tie. Guess not.

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

So a Jets coach and a Jets player were screaming for a TO, and we should blame the refs. Got it falx. Oh wait, Sheldon was WHISPERING. LMFAO

13. JStokes

Essentially off the field means ON the field.

Rodgers saw it. The refs saw it. Quick snap.

Penalty.

Because it may or may not have been called before is irrelevant. Because it wiped out a crucial INT is irrelevant, unless you're being emotional and irrational.

I can't believe you guys are complaining about this.

_

14. Falco21

No, follow the rules of the game. The game of football is based completely on rules. The rule says that the only person that can call a timeout on the sideline is the Head Coach.

I don't give a shit if the entire sideline is yelling for it. If the head coach is not calling it, it can't be given. That's a rule made by the men who are there to enforce it.

Of course you blame the refs lol they didn't follow their rules

74 and The 1985er like this.
  15. JStokes

Impacting income is not determinative of outcome. EVERY play impacts outcome.

That one play did NOT determine the outcome of that game.

_

16. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I don't think they stole it either but they did steal 6 points from us

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Yes, blame the refs. This is why we have Obama. I blame you personally.

18. Sanchize0829

Sanchize0829 Well-Known Member

So is the NFL going to at least offer an explanation? I mean at least clear this shit up and give some explanation of what their understanding is of what happened. To completely ignore an illegal call by a referee is ridiculous. It'd be much better if the NFL just came out and said their referee fucked up.

19. Falco21

Lmao

You're so fuckin ignorant

20. JStokes

It's like a bunch of girls having menstrual synchronization.

_