Mornhingweg accepts blame for timeout fiasco

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 74, Sep 14, 2014.

1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

That's fair, but that doesn't mean the refs stole the game from us.

We gave it away.

_

2. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

For the most part no one is ignoring the Jets fucking up in the 2nd half. They are talking about an isolated play/moment in the game. By talking about that isolated play it doesn't imply that anyone is ignoring the Jets fucking themselves in the 2nd half.

3. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

I feel you but we need to get over it and move on. We still got 14 more games.

4. JStokes

Stop being naive, single plays in a vacuum do not DETERMINE the outcome of games.

_

5. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I do think we got robbed; however, I'm not as upset as the rest on this forum. I figure we will probably get a blown call at some point of the season that allows us to win a game we have no business winning. It all evens out.

6. Sanchize0829

Sanchize0829 Well-Known Member

This is true. You see, it wouldn't be as bad if the ref simply made a judgement call that we don't agree with. It makes it so much worse that the ref made an illegal call that directly effected the outcome of the game.

7. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Then just say that and don't talk about harping over things you have no control over. That's exactly what we do as fans.

Fine people are ignoring things, I wasn't so I'm not sure why you are trying to tell me I was. I was just saying I expect the refs to do their jobs correctly regardless of the score of the game.

No the refs messing up is because the refs messed up.

What you are trying to say is if the Jets didn't blow a lead, the impact of the missed call wouldn't have been as big. That I agree with, you are just beating around the bush and not saying it directly.

8. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Yes they do lol

A team can play piss poor all game, but it could take ONE play to win it.

It happened against Seattle with Green Bay. It took ONE play that resulted in a fucked up call that resulted in a loss.

It took ONE play that was a fucked up call that would have tied our game.

It takes one play on countless occasions. I don't care how good or bad you played the entire game, if it comes down to one play, that play is the answer. Again, the entire game has an effect on the outcome, but don't sit here and say a single play can't result in an outcome, because that's completely foolish.

9. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I'm come away more optimistic about playing toe to toe with Greenbay on the road than I am upset about being robbed by the refs.

NoodleArm likes this.
  10. JStokes

It just sounds like every other game the Jets have ever lost.

WE GOT SCREWED!

Btw, that was a brilliant play by Rodgers. The a Jets were confused on defense And the refs saw it, that's why they didn't ignore it.

_

11. Sanchize0829

Sanchize0829 Well-Known Member

I applaud him that for taking responsibility, but it seems like he doesn't understand the rules.

How can you play in the NFL but not know all the rules? I just don't understand it. You know what, how can you referee in the NFL and not know the rules? Thats even worse.

12. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Me too what? I'm not saying that we would have won, but we definitely would and should have tied it. For as poorly as they may have played, they gave themselves a chance and a bogus call erased that. It blows. I'll get over it, but it completely blows.

13. JStokes

Saying a single play in a vacuum DETERMINES the outcome of a game with 100+ plays is monumentally foolish.

_

14. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

If this would've happened to the Patriots everyone would be up in arms and Goodell would publicly address the situation. Since its us, I haven't heard a single network even mention it and we won't ever hear of it again.

The 1985er likes this.
  15. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

this whole the jets did it to themselves thing is bullshit...the jets then got themselves out of it...so what's your point?

74 likes this.
  16. JStokes

Exactly.

_

17. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Call it foolish all you want, but it's a fact, it does.

It happens every day in sports. Hence the saying "we didn't deserve to win, but we'll take it".

Teams play like shit and one play can win them a game. Should they have won? No. But they did.

Should we have won today? No. Should we have tied the game? Yes. We were screwed. Whether we played like all stars or shit the bed, it came down to one game tieing touchdown that was messed up by the refs. That's a fact. There's no other way around it.

18. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Are you blind? The refs 100% fucked up.

19. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

No he was essentially off the field. And you didn't answer my questions.
    Because you know it could have just as easily not been called.

It wiped out a crucial interception
    The Jets got screwed at a time when they might have been mounting a turnaround of their own.

20. Broadway Joey

Broadway Joey New Member

Let me get this straight...on one call you're pissed that we got screwed because the refs didn't follow the rules and called the TO. On the other one, you're whining because the refs DID follow the rules and the jets got screwed. Sounds like you need to make up your mind. Bottom line...we blew a 21-3 lead. Maybe you should apologize to Jstokes..he's right...you sound like a spoiled child!