Mornhingweg accepts blame for timeout fiasco

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 74, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Who cares if it should or it shouldn't have? Does that excuse the Jets having 6 points stolen from them? Let's for a minute say the Jets were down 18 and came back to tie it only to need a TD to tie the game and send it into OT would that have also meant it shouldn't have come down to this? A bad call is a bad call regardless of the situation. The games almost always come down to a few plays and GB certainly made some plays and they fucked up a few as well. You can say we blew an 18 point lead but I saw two teams that were pretty close that each went on runs at various points of the game. Had this been a back and forth game and we gotten to that point people would be livid. They shouldn't be any less livid because we blew an 18 point lead.

NY Jets68, Vida, Jets4eva9011 and 2 others like this.
  2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Smoked ham, chicken thighs, shrimp and kielbasa.

_

3. 74

74 Well-Known Member

At least I made some money

4. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I completely agree with that we were robbed by the officials, I just have an issue saying MM is a dumbass for trying to call a TO. The bold is the issue not that MM or Richardson attempted to call a TO. Would anyone blame a CB for "appearing" to have pass interfered when in fact he didn't after a referee blows a call?

5. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

The refs getting that call wrong has nothing to do with Rodgers having all day or about our secondary.

_

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I love the Rex Sound FX as much as the next guy but at some point his noise has to become just that. Great DC, no doubt, and all that stuff. Some things never change.

7. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Why would the league apologize for giving the Jets a timeout that they were yelling for?

8. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Why can't it be both? The refs shouldn't be making bad calls and the Jets didn't play great in the 2nd half. It's not an either or situation. Both things can be true and are true in this situation

HAYN and The 1985er like this.
  9. Barry the Baptist

Exactly, we can point out what if's all we want like what if this had been a back and forth game to that point instead of the Jets blowing an 18 point lead? It doesn't change the fact that the refs fucked up and it cost us 6 points. I won't say the game because we don't know what happens in the last few minutes (maybe Rex is an idiot and goes for 2) who knows but that doesn't negate a horrible call by the refs.

Sanchize0829 and NY Jets68 like this.
  10. deeznuts21

deeznuts21 Member

Exactly .. The Fact is = The Game Would Have Been Tied!!! Anything after that would have been up to the powers that be!!! NFL History shows that .. All prior statistics , trends and momentum are out the door on final drives/last minutes/last seconds of a game as strange things happen!!! How many tied or close games have been decided by a final Hail Mary Throw??!!

The message point of this thread IS THAT CALL and how it did effect the game. Everything prior to that is not part of its arguement!

Regardless of how the Packers moved the ball or the Jets losing momentum .. The Point is we were robbed of that chance to make something memorable happen!!!

#310 deeznuts21, Sep 14, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
    The 1985er and 74 like this.
  11. Barry the Baptist

Exactly.... I also refuse to say it cost us the game because we really don't know. What if Rex goes for 2, what if Folk is the .03% who miss the XP, what if the Packers runs the kick back but we can all agree it cost us 6 points and to me regardless of what transpired up to that point it's not acceptable.

NY Jets68 and The 1985er like this.
  12. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Just one thread? There's like six lol.

And honestly I can't blame people for complaining about the timeout, the refs got it wrong AND didn't blow a whistle to stop the play. I can't even blame people for complaining about the sequence on the two-point conversion where Mo got thrown out. It's when people start complaining that the Packers didn't get any holding calls (when we didn't have a holding enforced on us either) that the complaining jumps the shark.

Or when people act like the refs' stupidity cost us the game where it only cost us a tie with the Packers getting the ball back, nothing more.

13. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

Ya, like saying Kyle Wilson is legit.

14. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Too much!

Let the game breathe

15. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Winner winner

Could'nt agree more. Jets play has nothing to do with the refs officiating at the end.

16. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

No if that was the case I'm sure the TO would not have been called:mad:

The 1985er and legler82 like this.
  17. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Go watch that negated Int call,that guy had half a foot on the field when they snapped the ball .But meanwhile its Green Bays hurry up offense that caused that to happen and we get fucked.Its like the NFL picks the winners of everygame

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

At some point in life you learn that there are only certain things that you can control and those are the things you need to focus on. Harping on the things you have no control over is a sign of weakness at best.

19. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

No, shit coaching and execution lost the game. But truth is we had a chance to overcome all of that and tie the game back up and we were fucked over. How the team performed doesn't absolve the official of blame for making a terrible call. What if the game was close the whole way and it came down to that?

20. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Like the patriots we beat ourselves..