Mornhingweg accepts blame for timeout fiasco

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 74, Sep 14, 2014.

1. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Who worships him? Anyway. It's not that serious. No need to be overly defensive. If you say you weren't nitpicking then okay. But to me it looks that way. Given your history with Geno on here. If a more objective poster said it then it would be brushed off.

2. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

Nope. not one hold. you yelling at your TV doesnt change reality. especially since you seem so reactionary. in fact, rewatching that drive, there isnt a jet defender visibly even complaining of being held. the packers simply had 7 or 8 in blocking most of the driver, or went empty backfield with a quick throw. we got torched in coverage on that drive. if anything, we got away with a pretty blatant illegal contact call, with harris clearly making contact about 12 yards down the field as cobb ran a cross.

3. Dreadmadseen

Dreadmadseen Active Member

Believe me he is but he can't say anything about it .....the NFL shield has taken so many dings these few weeks....Cheating by the refs would draw interest from political types trying to make a name for themselves .....I think/hope the comish is on his way out. He's the one behind all this bs and he is the only one who can put an end to it.

4. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I'll just repost this here. I'm pissed. I feel entitled:

If the ref is going to acknowledge a TO as soon as he hears it, regardless of who may have actually called it, then the rule is utterly pointless. What is the point in having a rule that explicitly stipulates that only a H.C. can call a TO from the sideline, if the referees aren't taught to confirm that a TO request coming from the sidelines is ACTUALLY made by the Head Coach? How does that make any sense? How did the refs not fuck this up?

and I'll add this question:

Didn't the referees, by definition, credit a timeout to someone who is explicitly forbidden from calling one?

LAJet, 74 and NY Jets68 like this.
  5. diiiiilooooch

diiiiilooooch Member

I posted this in the other thread, but I'll post it in this one as well. So it's starting to become clear that Richardson called the timeout in the ref's ear watching from the videos.

The funny thing is Rex Ryan and Sheldon Richardson don't have a voice that is distinctly similar. Adding to that, nobody on the field acted as if the play was dead because nobody got the memo and nobody could hear the whistle. The refs have no excuse on this one, and this is an embarrassment to the league. A rule is a rule. And in response to Mike Pereira on Fox who said "officials don't really follow the rule because they don't have time to check behind them", then maybe they shouldn't call time out at all if they aren't sure who it is. It is a rule for a reason, and the NFL should do some investigating into this.

NY Jets68 likes this.
  6. zace

zace Well-Known Member

It all fell apart. Poor play calling, poor coaching, undisciplined, and yeah we got some shitty calls. Ultimately we should have won this game and we lost.

7. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

They can take their empty apology and shove if up Goodel's ass.

8. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

You'd have a lot of composure too if you knew the officials always had your back.

9. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

That bullshit. Nobody knows what happens if that TD stood. It doesn't matter if we was up 49 that call was bullshit.

10. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Tomorrow I will watch it and get back to you. Even if you are right about the 97 yd drive, you would have to be a blind man to tell me that there weren't brutal holds not called today, more than a little, a lot more

74 and Dreadmadseen like this.
  11. Dreadmadseen

Dreadmadseen Active Member

I saw a dlineman pulled straight down to the ground how can an olineman do that without holding??? please explain.

12. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Why do you need to be homophobic?

13. 74

74 Well-Known Member

The officiating has been atrocious today across the league.

Just from watching highlights

Alex Smith sack fumble called an incompletion

Mike Evans gets clocked after an epic catch and they end the game on a clock runoff

This timeout

These guys need to be replaced with robots or something

14. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

My god. The embarrassment is that we have fans that publicly blame the refs for us blowing a 3 score lead.

15. diiiiilooooch

diiiiilooooch Member

Wow, I didn't even see that. That is true, too.

16. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

God this is pissing me off so bad!

We have a lot of problems we need to fix on both sides of the ball, but we should have tied this game! Fuck!

17. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

The funny thing about all this bitching and moaning is I don't even have any criticism for Geno in this game. He played as well as you can expect from a 2nd year QB on the road at Lambeau with those receiving options. Other than being late on few throws, which I've come to expect, and less than a handful missed or errant throws, he was good to very good depending on your grading scale. He was definitely good enough for us to win.

LAJet and Endlessly Counting like this.
  18. Monty_Droppings

Monty_Droppings Active Member

[​IMG]

Fuck the Zebras.

19. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

WTF Sheldon Richardson?

Sorry, I don't see that in the video you posted.

It's clearly (to me) looks like our idiot OC trying to call it.

20. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Is it just me or would that play not have made Geno look like the real deal?4th and 4 with the game on the line and Geno throws a 50 yard td pass to tie the game.Regardless of the refs Geno showed something on that play,but the refs stole that moment away from us

NY Jets68 likes this.