Mornhingweg accepts blame for timeout fiasco

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 74, Sep 14, 2014.

1. diiiiilooooch

diiiiilooooch Member

It was indeed Richardson who called the timeout in the ref's ear...they couldn't possibly hear Mornhinweg from that distance.

The funny thing is Rex Ryan and Sheldon Richardson don't have a voice that is distinctly similar. Adding to that, nobody on the field acted as if the play was dead so I don't understand what the big deal was if there is proof of Rex not calling the time out, true to his word.

NY Jets68 likes this.
  2. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

This isn't a valid explanation. Only a head coach can call a timeout from the sidelines. And if your argument is that: "It's not the ref's fault because the ref is obviously going to acknowledge a timeout if he hears one" then you obviously haven't thought about this for very long. If the ref is going to acknowledge a TO as soon as he hears it, regardless of who may have actually called it, then the rule is utterly pointless. What is the point in having a rule that explicitly stipulates that only a H.C. can call a TO from the sideline, if the referees aren't taught to confirm that a TO request coming from the sidelines is ACTUALLY made by the Head Coach? How does that make any sense? How did the refs not fuck this up?

3. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

NP man. I think this game has us all uptight man.....

4. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

The silver lining...After that TD it would be great for Geno's confidence and our team to tie it...But I think Rodgers comes back for the game winning drive.

It just sucks we werent able to close it out

Richardson and all these other guys need to learn discipline.

Rex needs to get a hold of this shit.

5. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

it was such a bad call at such a bad time.

6. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Maybe, but no way in fucking hell should this game have to had come down to bullshit like that!! That game should have been a wrap after the half. The team let them back in, the playcalling was shit after we were up, the defense is overrated, the secondary is fucking awful and Mo lost his head. I don't blame the refs for this, I blame my team, I blame the New York Jets for giving up on this game and blowing a huge fucking lead. THATS who we should blame..

7. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more. I really like Marty, but he has to stop getting cute. To end the 2nd half, that play call was awful. If we went up 24-9, it would of been a completely different game. When Geno was catching some rhythm, you bring in Vick for a pointless sack. Those are play calls I expect to see out of Tony Sparano, not MM

He was calling a hell of a game for a quarter and a half.

8. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Packers holding was blatant, and ignored, on both the OL, and in the secondary, particularly on Kerley.

9. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

"Not the best" is NOT a criticism to those who don't worship the ground Geno walks on.

10. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

If the time out is called right before the snap, then they will let the time out stand even if an ineligible coach called it.

I'm angry, it sucks, and I'm a lot less excited about the season.

This was the most Jets way you can lose a game.

11. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

I guarantee there were holds on the 97yd drive, bc I was yelling at my screen the whole game, they weren't close, there were tackles. Actual fucking tackles.

12. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

This is exactly how I feel

13. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Oh, shut the fuck up.. No way in fucking hell should this game have to had come down to bullshit like that!! That game should have been a wrap after the half. The team let them back in, the playcalling was shit after we were up, the defense is overrated, the secondary is fucking awful and Mo lost his head. I don't blame the refs for this, I blame my team, I blame the New York Jets for giving up on this game and blowing a huge fucking lead. THATS who we should blame..

NCJetsfan, Cman68 and 94Abraham like this.
  14. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

I think Geno should get some slack. he played pretty well and that inteception he threw at the end of the half was more on the oline... he got hit low as he threw and it clearly effected the throw. and that was pressure right in the A game, not something you can really avoid. Sudfeld really made little/no effort to try and break that up either.

geno made some really good throws, and had some huge 3rd/4th down throws and runs. with decker out, he was kind of playing with CFL talent too. id blame him more fo missing decker on that deep throw then for the interception

15. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Oh yeah im sure Richardson has the same voice as Rex to, get real naysayers. Jets got screwed, stop trying to make excuses for poor officiating.

legler82 and NY Jets68 like this.
  16. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

But it shouldn't have been a timeout breh.

17. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Pnly a poorly coached team empowers a defensive lineman to approach the ref in that situation. The buck stops at the top . Blaming the refs for this is beyond idiotic.

I swear, its almost like some of you people have never followed the Jets for any length of time.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

HE SHOULD'VE STFU AND LET REX DO HIS JOB

19. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Robbed is putting it mildy,This ref shit has gotten to a point where its ruining the outcome of games.They have to much say in the outcome of the game

Endlessly Counting likes this.
  20. IBLEEDGREEN17

IBLEEDGREEN17 Well-Known Member

NY Jets68 likes this.