Available cornerbacks after cuts..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rico college, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

Which part of the article did you disagree with?

2. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

The central argument is that "he got lucky" and that quarterbacks looked as if they tried to make him look good. PFF does some great work and is not only respected here, but also league-wide.

Incompletions were chalked up to uncatchable throws a lot. Who's to say Wilson's coverage wasn't enough to force a poor throw?

Wilson is good clot corner. People need to get over the fact that he hasn't lived up to his draft slot. He's still a valuable piece of our secondary though, especially considering we don't have much there.

3. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. Active Member

I am usually one to laugh at people being overly critical of players, saying they are bust and shouldn't be in the league after one bad game or play, ect ect... but after drawing my own conclusions on Wilson from seeing him play in games and then seeing other on here that feel the same way, the article seems spot on to me....JUST TURN YOUR FUCKING HEAD KYLE !!! ...AND PUT YOUR DAMN FINGER DOWN !!!!

4. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Our old friend Aaron Berry was just released by Cleveland. Familiarity could be our friend here.

EDIT: And dont read all negative into his release. Browns invested 2 picks from the past draft in the CB position == Justin Gilbert & Pierre Desir. There just might not have been enough room on the roster.

#144 wewantsapp, Sep 10, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  5. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

We had the option to bring him back this offseason and chose not to

6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Different circumstances. I would take a look.

7. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

From what I see...Kyle Wilson is playing out of position. I 've mentioned this numerous times. He should be at Free Safety. He has good speed & is an aggressive tackler, he just needs the play in front of him...that's why F.S. is his best position...IMO. I don't know why Jets have been so slow at seeing this. Pryor & Wilson should be the starting Safeties.

IDFjet and Footballgod214 like this.
  8. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't hold it against the Jets that they haven't recognized it in the same genius way you have. Clearly Rex needs some work evaluating defensive talent, so I'd give him a call if I were you and straighten things out.

The Jets don't play a true FS pretty much ever. Every year the Jets have had Rex as a coach we've played two SS. Why would you think Rex would take a SS out just to give Wilson a position change? And with all of the position changes he's made (Allen to CB, Coples to OLB) why would you honestly think you know better than the Jets?

Axel3419 likes this.
  9. DoubleDecker87

It wouldn't hurt to try him there and I would like to see it happen. Odds are it won't happen because of how weak we are at CB. It sucks having such a great front 7 and not being able to force turnovers.

10. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Ducre Ducre we want Ducre

11. Run_N_gun10

I don't see the front 7 as great....there only good/decent to me. Jets need upgrade at OLB positions. Speed rushers needed at OLB. NT is Jets strongest position up front...IMO.

12. Run_N_gun10

I only watch the game...same as U...it's just what I notice....my small opinion. Clearly he suks at CB.

13. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

The Jets just don't use a FS but they do use slot CB's a lot. There's just no point in making him a FS when they can use him as a slot CB, so that's why they've been so "slow at seeing" it.

14. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

In case you didn't know, our CB draft pick tore his ACL & is out for the year. In addition, we cut a free agent CB acquisition who went AWOL. The off season is......well, - it's over.

15. DoubleDecker87

What does this have to do with anything? If we wanted to bring him back we would have. Point blank.

16. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Only prob with moving StoneNeck to safety is he'd be worse than the Safeties we have there now. Who would you cut to make room for StoneNeck? Pryor? Allen? Jarrett? Sherry? (I know...I just love calling him Sherry) Bush? Ok, maybe Bush, but how much does Bush actually play?

Rex could have Neon Sanders on the PS and he still wouldn't move StoneNeck to Safety.

At least I hope not.

17. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Wilson is actually a very accomplished finger wagger. When his NFL days are over, he could become a very accomplished GYN.

Fiftynine, legler82 and 74 like this.
  18. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I can agree Wilson is not totally inept. He's a decent tackler. He has some speed.

But if I think about it, he might be my least favorite player on the team now that Ducasse is gone. Ftr the finger wagging is obnoxious enough, but who plays below his draft status worse than Wilson? Can't think of anyone. Even Winters looks better by that metric.

19. barkus

barkus Well-Known Member

Your free safety needs to be able to cover the deep middle and the preference be he have good ball skills to intercept the ball. Wilson can't catch and god forbid he would have to play a ball in the air, he would either fall down trying to track it, be an automatic PI (with finger wagging for good measure) or a long TD with him in chase mode:eek:

20. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I watched every game of week 1 and I saw no front 7 better than ours; at least based on the OAK game. Which front 7 do you put ahead of ours?