2014 Week 2- New York Jets @ Green Bay Packers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

2. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Packer fans in general are very fair weather, and used to being spoiled.
    I can't even begin to say how many people here are rah rah rodgers go clay Matthews, and then are clueless past that.

Big Cat likes this.
  3. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Since I'm the only WI poster here, I'll give a game preview later, when I get on my laptop after work.

4. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

On short yardage, they don't backdown with Starks and Kuuuuuhn(Taking Lacy's out) which is probably the time to expect them to try and run it up against us. We flourish against that type of stuff though.

5. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

If you read the whole thing, the two people that actually knew anything about the Jets were predicting either a close game or a Packer loss.

I think if they all saw the game film of AA and Walls the others wouldn't be looking past us quite yet.

I think we are going to be a tough out this year.

I'm glad the Pats lost, but Buff beating CHI means either the Bills are a bit better than I thought, or we need to come out of our Chicago game with a W.

6. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Pretty much my take in 3rd post. You have to keep Rodgers off the field, wear the Packers D by keeping them on the field long enough and have Rodgers pocket collapse and make him beat you on the run or by improvising. There's no defense for A-Rod getting big plays off by his improvising, its 2nd to none. He's the best in the world with that. You just have to tip your cap if he pulls it off. Law of averages say that if you bring the pressure and make the pocket collapse, that the Packers offense won't run as smooth. Jets can't allow broken plays to happen for GB's behalf.

If GB does get on the field, make Rodgers earn the big plays in other words. This Jets team and just about most teams in the NFL cannot stop A-Rod when he's on so you again have to give him credit if he does shred you if you've applied the pressure. Jets have to control what they can and do what they do best....if he beats you, so be it.

TonyMaC and The 1985er like this.
  7. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

True, one guy at the top predicts Packers 30-14, then later down in the thread says "I don't know anything about the Jets, what was their offseason like?" Lol

8. MoWilkShakes

MoWilkShakes Active Member

Seahawks were the most penalized team in the league last year... http://www.nflpenalties.com/index.php?&year=2013

The point I was trying to make is that we play the same type of game as they do, with a very similar but worse array of talent.

9. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

We can only hope they are looking past us, but \I think they will pay attention to our running game

10. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

Diet Seahawks?

Jay Bizniss and legler82 like this.
  11. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

This GB game scares the living sh^t out of me.

12. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Game comes down to our secondary vs their receivers and our DLine vs their very bad OLine.

rsmehta likes this.
  13. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

The key to the game will be our run game. The Packers have a very poor run defense and we have a very good Rb tandem. If we can ground and pound and effectively control the clock, we have a fighting chance.

NYJETS4life24 and CaneGreen like this.
  14. CaneGreen

CaneGreen Member

The Dline didnt go crazy with the exotic blitzes today. Totally think Rex didnt wanna let anything special outta the bag against a crap team they could beat strait up. I expect it to change next week and believe Rex will be throwing the kitchen sink at Rodgers in GB. He will have to disrupt timing to have a chance against this corp. If Rodgers has the same time Carr had today its a wrap, they're putting up points, and i dunno how i feel about this team playing from behind. On offense we need to milk as much clock as possible. Im predicting a 17-21 Jets win. Ground and pound all day with Ivory having another big game. Gotta put Arod on his ass early and often if were to stand chance though.

15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

250 rushing yards on this Packers team. Watch.

Jets will use the read option next week you can guarantee that.

16. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Whoever they put in the slot against Wilson, who had pretty good week 1, scares me.

Jay Bizniss likes this.
  17. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

You're right, they can't beat Rodgers completely, not with whats available at corner and hell probably not even if Free Agent CB X, Y, or Z were signed. He's too good, and he'll find a way to thread the needle.

All the jets can do is take away as much as possible from the Packers attack by shutting down their run game and trying their best to keep them from attacking in the first place. that means running the ball down their throats, which conveniently should be the best way to attack THEY'RE defense seeing as how its apparently a weakness of theirs.

The GB passing offense or the Jets running offense, which will be more potent against each teams opposing defense? Which will be put in a the better position to exploit their opposing defenses weakness?

who's gonna be the bigger presence overall, The Chris's or A-Rod? whoever the answer to that will be is gonna wind being the winner.

18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

This game looks a lot easier after today...huh fellas?

Their play Thurs. night didn't hurt either.

19. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

Eh it was still against a SB winner, im still very nervous about this one

20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Yeah...rather play them than Seattle at this point.

Not to get too ahead of ourselves...the Bears look beatable too.