2014 Week 2- New York Jets @ Green Bay Packers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Sep 7, 2014.

1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

[​IMG]

Discuss.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  2. MoWilkShakes

MoWilkShakes Active Member

they got man handled by the Seahawks and we're like Seahawks lite. Considering we're playing in cheestown i think its a close one. I'm predicting a 24-21 victory cause I'm optimistic and young and foolish.

3. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Our secondary will be put under the test unlike today's game but I like our chances. We need to win the Time of Poss like today, keep Rodgers off the field by running the ball(Specifically I think Ivory could cause missed tackles) and the penalties/turnovers need to be limited but that goes without saying.

Guys like Babin and Coples or Mo Wilk could have very nice games, the Packers OLine are flag prone in the very least.

All depends on how much we limit Rodgers to get on the field. Guys like Nelson, Boykin and Cobb are irritating since they run crisp routes and convert but they can't do it if we've established a ground and pound attack to burn clock.

4. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Please no fake punts Rex Ryan =p.

5. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

We need to take advantage and pressure Rodgers and confuse the OL. The side effect of that is Rodgers is one of the better mobile quarterbacks and will unleash throws on the run. That means our CB and S will need to cover a WHOLE play and be able to cover receivers when it becomes jump ball type situations. Also means DL and LB crew needs to chase Rodgers down and not let him reset his feet when pressured.

I think Jordy Nelson can take advantage of all our corners, so Rex needs to tread lightly with leaving CB on an island with Jordy. Cobb worries me in the different ways GB can use him.

On defense, we should be able to wear down GB and run on them. Penalties would put us at much more of a disadvantage against a better team like GB. Also cannot let RZ opportunities and INTs slip against better teams. On one hand it's encouraging we shot ourselves in the feet and won a game pretty easily, on the other hand you hope we clean those up for GB otherwise it will be a long day.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. and NYJalltheway like this.
  6. Aero

Aero Well-Known Member

Actually, that was a Weatherford audible, IIRC. Would've been awesome if it had worked.

7. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Yeah but it was like 18 yards wasnt it? or was it 8?

8. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Tons of penalties again will doom us in this game. Rex needs to get in there and call some people out.

9. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I could see this game going either way. Typically I would anticipate getting completely dominated by the Packers and, honestly, wouldn't be surprised if that ends up being the case. However, I don't think I would completely write us off for this one. They are hurting on the OLine and our DLine is one of our strengths, if we can generate enough of a pass rush it may off-set our weak secondary against their strong passing game. Maybe.

NYJalltheway and TonyMaC like this.
  10. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

Get the run game going to control the game and keep Rodgers on the sideline.

Oh, and cut the penalties in half and go at least "even" in the turnover margin (Kind of obvious, I guess).

11. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Seahawks lite... This fucking guy.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

We should be able to make them pretty 1 dimensional by dominating the run even if Lacy is up (which is still questionable). The key is outside pressure, the Seahawks got a ton of it. It forces Rodgers to stay in the pocket and prevents him from extending plays or being able to get a long look downfield. I'm encouraged by the way Coples and Babin played but I think they'll need to step it up even more for us to stop that offense, they're my key to the game.

I also think the running game is going to be a huge factor. The Packers D struggled with missed tackles against Lynch and Ivory is a similar runner stylistically. I think he'll be able to help us extend drives and win TOP. It should also help set up effective screens to Johnson, as the D will be trying to adjust to power running and we can probably stretch it horizontally.

Clay Matthews might be a problem though. Even in a big defeat he stuck out against a half decent Seattle O-line. Our line played well today but he's a different beast than Mack. We need to keep the pressure off of Geno, we saw today that he can be a very efficient passer if he's given time. We'll need a similar performance (minus the turnovers) to keep up with their passing game.

We need a lot to go right to win this one. I think we can do it though.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. likes this.
  13. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

More like Seahawks bootleg.

NYJetsO12 and CONN-JET.2.0.3. like this.
  14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

rodgers will come out firing on 1st and 2nd down. i doubt they test us on the ground much with lacy <100%. if millner is back we may see alot of big nickel with AA, landry ,pryor, wilson,wall,millner all on the field at the same time. maybe same scheme with jarrett if milner is still out. not worried about the offense, we should be efficent enough to stay in the game. beat rodgers win game. just hope we have the horses to do it

15. Jay Bizniss

We aren't even close to being anything remotely similar to the Seahawks.... Yea we are pretty physical like the Seahawks but that is where the similarities stop..

The Seahawks are a well run machine... Everybody knows what they are supposed to do and they all do it... Together... As a unit... No stupid offsides penalties, no turnovers, no dumb play calling.... Until we cut down on our mental errors, forget about it..

16. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Control time of possession. That's the key in this game. Keep Rodgers off the field. Hopefully Geno is efficient and takes advantage of a weak GB secondary. Hopefully the oline gets its shit together and stop getting silly penalties. The run game should feast in this one.

Hopefully our secondary plays solid and not give up big plays at bad times. Hopefully the front 7 can constantly create pressure. If they have a chance at a turnover please capitalize.

Jay Bizniss likes this.
  17. horsehead

horsehead Well-Known Member

Pack has 3 extra days to gameplan and exploit our secondary.
    Our front seven have to be crazed from the outset to have a chance,

18. Jay Bizniss

This team deff has potential though.. For the first time in 4 years I saw on offense that can stretch the field and actually create 5:00+ drives... That is key.. Giving our defense the best opportunity to succeed by giving them rest is huge!!

The difference between us and the Seahawks is when they are in the redzone, they come away with touchdowns... I don't care how good we move up and down the field if we fail to score touchdowns in this league when in the redzone, we will never take that next step.

NYJetsO12 and NYJETS4life24 like this.
  19. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

GB at home after a loss will be tough

But

You never know

20. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

rush for 200 yards -- that would help. They need to have 5 or fewer penalties and none of those can be drive killers or extenders.

Tackle soundly and get some turnovers. dropped 2 INTs today.

Geno doesn't turn the ball over and plays like today Jets have a good shot. No Lacy since he has a concussion and they have a starting OL with a tweaked knee.