Available cornerbacks after cuts..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rico college, Aug 28, 2014.

1. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

He would be a perfect replacement for Patterson.

To me Milliner and Walls are good enough as starters. After that its a problem.

2. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

Then i guess that's different from what I see.

Walls isn't good enough in my eyes. He's ok to fill in for a week or two...but not good enough for those tough QBs. Even a healthy Milliner is still a question to me.

Lankster, Walls, Wilson, Lequawn is good depth for me. The problem is not the CB depth for me...it's that all they have is good 2nd stringers.

3. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Wiffed on all those FA CB's and now we are paying for it. Can't wait to use another high draft pick on a CB.

Jets69 likes this.
  4. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

You're making the assumption that Milliner is going to make the leap in his 2nd year and that's a pretty big assumption.
    We came into this season with question marks at both corners and the jury is still out on Milliner.
    I'm not saying we needed a top flight FA CB but shit I think we could have done better with that position then the cast offs and journeymen we added.

TNJet and JetsNation06 like this.
  5. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

What team is going to trade a CB projected to start at this point? Nobody. This isn't Madden. Don't bank on a trade. Maybe there will be a CB worth picking up for depth, but, again, with Allen and Milliner healthy soon, and Walls and Wilson as back ups, where is the need for such ridiculous panic?????

FJF likes this.
  6. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Kyle Wilson should book his trip to Hawaii soon......and I'm not talking pro bowl,I just want him as far away as possible

TNJet and Jets69 like this.
  7. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

don't be dramatic or anything

8. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

@RapSheet: The #Seahawks are releasing CB Phillip Adams, source says.

9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

It's not drama, it's a potential strategy. I suppose we could rush 8 too but we have seen how that works out.

10. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Do starting caliber CBs get cut?

11. legler82

Adams is a good player.

12. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Jaguars waived CB Jamell Fleming.

Fleming appeared in eight games with Jacksonville last season after being claimed off waivers from the Cardinals. The Jaguars saw more upside in Demetrius McCray and Jeremy Harris.

Seahawks released CB Phillip Adams.

Now 26, Adams struggled mightily as a reserve for the Raiders last season. Adams has made only two career starts.

Bears waived CB Kelvin Hayden.

Hayden was competing for Chicago's No. 4 corner job after missing the 2013 season to a hamstring injury. He didn't show enough on special teams to earn a roster spot. The Bears will go with Sherrick McManis and one of Al Jean-Louis or Demontre Hurst behind starters Charles Tillman, Kyle Fuller, and Tim Jennings.

Ravens released CB Dominique Franks.

Franks was competing for a role in sub-packages and chipping in on special teams. The Ravens signed fellow veteran Derek Cox this past week. The Ravens are looking for the right combo behind Lardarius Webb and Jimmy Smith.

Lions waived CB Chris Greenwood.

A 2012 fifth-round pick, Greenwood has appeared in just three NFL games. He's battled abdominal and groin injuries over the last two years.

Browns waived CB Leon McFadden.

The No. 68 overall pick of the 2013 draft, McFadden was active for all 16 games as a rookie, but struggled to get on the field on defense. When he did, he struggled mightily across 247 snaps. The San Diego State product is under-sized at 5-foot-10, 190 pounds.

Falcons waived CB Ricardo Allen and LB Jacques Smith.

They'll be familiar to viewers of this year's "Hard Knocks." Allen was a star at Purdue, but lacks NFL size at 5-foot-9, 186 pounds. When you throw in his 4.61 wheels, it's surprising he was a fifth-round pick. Thomas Dimitroff is having a rough few years as Atlanta's general manager.

Saints released CB Trevin Wade and CB Terrence Frederick.

Wade appeared in two games with the Saints last season, and Frederick spent the majority of 2013 on the Browns' practice squad. Both were always a long shot in New Orleans' revamped secondary.

Chiefs waived/injured CB Demarcus Van Dyke.

Van Dyke suffered a hamstring injury at some point in training camp. The former Miami (FL) Hurricane was the 81st overall pick in the 2011 draft.

Eagles released CB Roc Carmichael.

Carmichael was forced into two starts for the Eagles last season after getting scooped off the Texans' practice squad. He's a fringe NFL talent.

Panthers released CB James Dockery and DT Casey Walker.

Dockery had five tackles in five appearances for the Panthers last season before a torn labrum ended his season. Dockery has 24 career appearances, but only two starts. Walker dealt with a rib injury during camp.

Packers waived or released CB Ryan White, RB Michael Hill, LB Jake Doughty, G Jordan McCray, WR Alex Gillett, CB Jumal Rolle and T John Fullington.

An undrafted rookie out of Auburn, White is a candidate for the Packers' practice squad. McCray, Gillett, Rolle and Doughty are also practice-squad candidates. Hill is a second-year UDFA out of Missouri Western State.

Texans waived CB Brandon Harris.

The 60th overall pick in the 2011 draft, Harris couldn't find a home as a slot corner or outside cover man in three seasons with the Texans. Still only 24 years old, Harris is a good bet to resurface elsewhere in fairly short order.

Cardinals released CB Bryan McCann.

McCann was waived by the Cardinals during final cuts last season, but was re-signed in November. A pure special teams player, McCann has never started a game in his four-year career.

Redskins waived CB Richard Crawford, TE Ted Bolser, S Da'Mon Cromartie-Smith, WR Lee Doss, C Kevin Kowalski, P Robert Malone, C Tevita Stevens and NT Robert Thomas.

The 2012 seventh-rounder missed all of last season with a torn ACL. Crawford is only 24, and will search for reserve/practice squad work.

Titans waived CB Tommie Campbell.

The Titans continually gave Campbell chances to start under ex-DC Jerry Gray, but he never took hold. He gets his walking papers from new DC Ray Horton.

Bucs waived CB Marc Anthony, FB Lonnie Pryor, CB Keith Lewis, DE T.J. Fatinikun, CB Kip Edwards, LB Nate Askew, and LB Ka'Lial Glaud.

Tampa Bay has begun the process of trimming its roster to the 53-man limit.

Jetaho likes this.
  13. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

He is?

Jets69 likes this.
  14. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Champ Bailey is available. He doesn't have much left but might be good to have on the team.

15. legler82

Considering the pool of players we'd be pulling from, he definitely is.

16. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

ya in comparison to Pattersons 7 teams in 10 years Adams is on his 5th in 6 soon to be 6th ,sign this beast

17. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I'd do it. It's hard to imagine he'd be worse than Kyle Wilson.

18. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Im waiting for Bengals to cut down to 53!! Could be a nice corner that gets cut..

19. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Champ looked retired this training camp although he may be an upgrade on our team

20. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Champ needs to be brought in ASAP. He's better than anything we have right now. Would be an immediate upgrade

TNJet likes this.