NFL Roster Cuts

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by abyzmul, Aug 27, 2014.

1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I would still be very surprised if the Niners actually released him. I don't see it happening.

2. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Johnson would be an amazing pickup if he was cut.

Very unlikely that he's cut though IMO.

3. 74

74 Well-Known Member

I can see it, esp if Ellington is having a great camp. The Niners are very deep at receiver.

4. irishwhip03

They are..but Crabtree is always an injury concern. And Boldin isnt very young. Releasing Stevie J would be playing with fire IMO.

5. Turbocharged23

Turbocharged23 Well-Known Member

Plus he's due like 3mm which is a lot for a fourth or fifth receiver ( Patton is having good camp as well). That would be a great pickup for us

74 likes this.
  6. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Wide Receiver

M. Crabtree
    S. Johnson
    Q. Patton
    K. Osgood
    A. Boldin
    B. Lloyd
    B. Ellington

Do you think they keep 7?

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Jeebus. There's no excuse for Kaep sucking this year. That's like the Yankees batting lineup turned football.

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

7 receivers too many for a QB that doesn't even like going through progressions. I think Crabtree, Boldin Ellington and Patton are locks. I see them carrying 2 more?

9. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

well this should be an active thread for the next few days.

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yeah. I may not be around tomorrow when final cuts are released, definitely won't be around during the waiver period tomorrow night.

11. pender30

pender30 Member

There's a guy named Louis Young who was an UDFA CB that might get cut by the Broncos that I think could help us out. All of the radio guys out here in Denver love him. He's played well in the preseason but the Broncos are loaded and he might get cut. I have to think we'll get at least one new corner this weekend.

abyzmul likes this.
  12. NFL

NFL Active Member

Henry Josey released by the Eagles. This guy tore us up yesterday.

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

he tore up a bunch of insurance salesmen

IBLEEDGREEN17 and jilozzo like this.
  14. NFL

NFL Active Member

He looked pretty damn good to me. You look up his stats and see he's been doing it a preseason.

15. McCluneNYJ

McCluneNYJ Active Member

Giants release 6th round pick CB Bennett Jackson (Notre Dame).

I really liked him as a late round pick. Giants are hoping to PS him.

Captain at ND. Smart kid. Plays press man pretty well. Turns his head.

Sounds like a perfect Rex project to me.

74 likes this.
  16. irishwhip03

Eagles released Demarius Johnson..he looked real good against us.

If we have the room for some explosiveness at WR he could be worth a look.

17. irishwhip03

Im surprised he didnt make the roster but the Giants secondary only has so many slots available. Jackson should catch on with someone quick.

18. irishwhip03

Brandon Coleman also released. I wanted him late in the draft. 6-6 WR out of Rutgers. No reason to think he couldnt contribute here.

19. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Unofficial cuts from ESPNBoston.com. Beauharnais would be the biggest surprise of this group. He looked really good in the preseason, and I'd bet he goes to PS if he gets through waivers.

Jeremy Gallon was a victim of numbers and injury limiting his time to win a job. The guy is a flyer and set receiving records at Michigan. I think some team with not a lot of WR depth will take a flyer on him.

Boyce just didn't make the leap from year one to two. He's a decent kick returner, but with all the touchbacks now, you have to be able to contribute more.

The New England Patriots informed second-year wide receiver Josh Boyce that he will be waived by Saturday's 4 p.m. ET deadline, as the team has started the process of trimming its roster from 75 to 53 players.

[​IMG]
    BoyceBoyce, a high fourth-round draft choice out of Texas Christian last year, entered training camp as the team's projected top kickoff returner. He was expected to be a backup at receiver, but he didn't make the expected first-to-second-year jump at that position. He was left off our most recent roster projection.

The 5-foot-11, 205-pound Boyce, whose speed was one of his main assets coming into the NFL, could potentially return to the team's practice squad if he clears waivers.

In addition to Boyce, the Patriots have informed rookie guard Jon Halapio that he is also being waived. That move was expected, although it's a bit of a disappointment for the Patriots after they selected Halapio in the sixth round of the draft (179th overall) out of Florida.

Similar to Boyce, the 6-foot-3, 320-pound Halapio is a possibility for the practice squad if he's not claimed on waivers.

Also, second-year linebacker Steve Beauharnais was informed of his release in what could be considered a mild surprise. The 2013 seventh-round draft choice from Rutgers was praised by teammates for his film study and command of the defense.

Others reportedly told of their release who were expected to be let go, per reports, include defensive tackles Jerel Worthy, Eathyn Manumaleuna, and L.T Tuipulotu, defensive end Jake Bequette, center Braxston Cave, tight end Steve Maneri, linebackers James Morris (injured) and Ja'Gared Davis, receiver Jeremy Gallon, fullback Taylor McCuller, running backs Roy Finch and Jonas Gray, cornerback Daxton Swanson, and safeties Kanorris Davis and Shamiel Gary.

NOTE: While players are informed of their release, nothing is official until the team turns in paperwork to the NFL. There is always the outside chance of a late change, or another team seeing news of a player being informed of his release and approaching that team about a trade.

74 likes this.
  20. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

PFT is reporting that Vincent Brown is not making the Chargers 53 man roster. Could be of interest to the Jets?